Farming Simulator 19 unveils its very first screenshot!

farmer giless

Re: Farming Simulator 19 unveils its very first screenshot!

Post by farmer giless »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am Farming Simulator 19 will be released late 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. While we are currently working on assembling the game's first visual pieces, we bring you today the very first in-game image, as a taste of everything Farming Simulator 19 will have in store when it releases!

We've confirmed the AGCO IDEAL earlier, now it's time to have a first look at it.

Can you please tell me 1 way or the other whether VR will be implemented in some way in FS19? I can't stand to be feeling optimistic and then months later find out it isn't. Can you put me out of the misery now please and if it isn't just say no?
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

farmer giless wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm
Lisertan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am
Can you please tell me 1 way or the other whether VR will be implemented in some way in FS19? I can't stand to be feeling optimistic and then months later find out it isn't. Can you put me out of the misery now please and if it isn't just say no?

VR will not be implemented in FS19. Giants deiceded there are other things before VR they want to focus on.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

VR has been addressed already...it is not going to be in the game.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:19 pm ^^ I'd say most of the regulars on this forum will agree that JD won't happen in FS17, but in future versions no one can say. So, while we do say it won't come to consoles for FS17, we aren't saying if it'll come in later versions... so we won't really have to cower in a corner.

@Lisertan Can you tell the development team that they're doing an amazing job so far? That screenshot looks amazing! Can't wait for the end of this year :mrgreen:
I agree...Deere will not be in FS17, no way, no how. Unfortunately, we are discussing FS19.
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

RODHA wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:52 pm
saltire266 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:56 am John Deere ain't happening!When will everyone understand this?
Says the JD executive who is in charge of licencing business.
Your comment is just as empty as the JD requests.
Yes but I don't constantly bring it up like you and the other guys in every thread in this forum.Its getting boring
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

farmer giless wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm Can you please tell me 1 way or the other whether VR will be implemented in some way in FS19? I can't stand to be feeling optimistic and then months later find out it isn't. Can you put me out of the misery now please and if it isn't just say no?
I can indeed: We have no plans to implement VR right now. Sorry.

I've answered this before somewhere, so let me quote myself:
There are pros and cons and I can tell you the topic of VR comes up every other month here at GIANTS, so we know it could be cool.

HOWEVER, real talk: It's a ton of work to make a game VR ready and we have to decide if we want to spend that time on it or not. Keep in mind we are a small company, so dedicating someone to a VR port would take time from the development of other features that, quite franky, we think are more important than VR right now.

The real question is: Is it worth droping things for VR? As we are a company we would have to go with: Will we sell enough copys of the game to VR players who would not have bought the game to justify the workload? The answer is: who knows? We don't, but we feel that focusing on features like horses ect. is the right call right now.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Rbk_3 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:41 am
cr41g_1965 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:28 pm the big announcement has to be beards.. good beards...not like the one your mom lent you...

I hope it isn't just another manufacturer... because to me that's not big...its just more of what we already got
Well, if it’s John Deere, that’s big!
to some....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:02 pm...its just more of what we already got
That comment made me wonder, if we had only, lets say the entire NH line up, would it be enough for you?
I mean, wouldn't you really want any other brand?

Yes, a tractor is a tractor and a harvester is a harvester but different brands, designs and features trigger different emotions or excitements for me.
That doesn't happen to you? :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Maybe its the engineer and estimator in me... but no... I look at what the task is and what equipment will do what I need it to do at the lowest operating cost. Since seasons came to console I lease most of what I need... if FS was all Lizard equipment I wouldn't care. Sure I like the look of some equipment... I think the Fendts and CLAAS are remarkable in their looks...but I am not going out of my way just to be brand loyal.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm an engineer too and I totally get it. I played like you described for a long time. Use the most efficient equipment all the time. But then, after some time I got bored doing things efficiently. Because you do the same jobs with the same machines over and over again. So, I started using different machines, doing jobs manually, etc. Just to color things up. Thats were mods came into mylife. I haven't installed even a single mod for the first 6 months of FS17 if my memory serves well. Now, the real joy comes from both farming itself and using different machines. Like Ropa and Holmer. Why would I keep looking at the same red machine since I can use a new one? At the end of the day, they both do the same thing but I feel the difference. Don't get me wrong this is absolutely not a criticism or anything like that. I just wondered the reason and your explanation was quite clear :hi:
PS5 / FS22
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:48 pm Maybe its the engineer and estimator in me... but no... I look at what the task is and what equipment will do what I need it to do at the lowest operating cost. Since seasons came to console I lease most of what I need... if FS was all Lizard equipment I wouldn't care. Sure I like the look of some equipment... I think the Fendts and CLAAS are remarkable in their looks...but I am not going out of my way just to be brand loyal.
This all depends in the individual and their background. Stating your profession may dictate your mindset but if that was the general mindset, there wouldn't be a need for any brands.

That said, individuals who come from an agricultural background will say price point in real equipment matters as well...but its not just about horsepower per dollar. Those same individuals will also agree (to an extent) that across the board, Deere tends to be higher prices than most. However, that hasn't prevented them from being the largest ag manufacturer by a wide margin.

In the reality, in game or not, brand loyalty does exist for nearly every marketable product. In FS it has been diminished because the features that normally separate brands don't exist.

The basis of this or any game is entertainment. The entertainment value to each individual is different. While brands may not matter to you and a few others, it would be foolish to assume that it doesn't matter at all. The fact that it has been such a hot topic for years should be proof enough. The truth is, brands do add to the entertainment value for a lot of people.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I try to get my farm as close as I can to how the farms are in my area, so not only brands but also types of equipment are very important to me and so far I must say fs has still not even come close to having all the brands and types of implements i would really like to have to farm the way I would like. Really hoping that fs19 can get me a little closer to how I would really like to farm. Not only the way I want to grow my crops, but also having at least a few of the types and brands of equipment I am familiar with to use on my farm.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

A brand of tractor isen't just about the paint job or cost. Most people develop a brand loyality due to having positive experiances with them.

As a trucker i can tell you:
International: The Maxx force engine is a POS, the trucks are light and have a good quality interior, but they are not good trucks and have eletrical issues.

Volvo: The Volvo engine is slightly better than Maxx Pro, but still has very low power on hills. The trucks themselves breakdown alot and are heavy.

Mack: Great engines, interior could be better, but the trucks are reliable. Not as heavy as a Volvo, but not as light as International either...

Never been in a Pete or KW, and dont have enough stick time with a Freightshaker to really comment.

So if I was gonna buy my own truck it would be a Mack, no questions. I've had nothing but good experiances with them.
PC gamer.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am Farming Simulator 19 will be released late 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. While we are currently working on assembling the game's first visual pieces, we bring you today the very first in-game image, as a taste of everything Farming Simulator 19 will have in store when it releases!

We've confirmed the AGCO IDEAL earlier, now it's time to have a first look at it.

Nice screenshot! I understand this is alpha, could you tell me what resolution this is taken at? 4K maybe!
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

It's a 1080p Screenshot as far as I know.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon