Engine updates in FS19. Direct comparison FS17 / FS19

Pedriko

Re: Engine updates in FS19. Direct comparison FS17 / FS19

Post by Pedriko »

32 bits?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 pm It will be able to, no worries :)
All for graphics, but it is not a game breaker for me. More interested in game play and the like....

I play ETS2 and ATS and the graphics do well, because the game play like FS17 is fantastic.

Looking good mind you.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmingRemasterd wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 pm yeah, same. incredible diffrence in graphics. I wonder if the XBOX 1s will be able to handle this game. Im genuinely concerned. LOL
I have the same concern for PS4. Obviously the game will be on consoles but what I really wonder is, will the graphics match the pc counter part (like in these ss) or a bit de-tuned to make the console hardware cope up with it?

Btw, the change and advancement looks truly epic. It was hard to wait before, now it is next to impossible to wait. I just want to ff 5 months.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 am
FarmingRemasterd wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 pm yeah, same. incredible diffrence in graphics. I wonder if the XBOX 1s will be able to handle this game. Im genuinely concerned. LOL
I have the same concern for PS4. Obviously the game will be on consoles but what I really wonder is, will the graphics match the pc counter part (like in these ss) or a bit de-tuned to make the console hardware cope up with it?
Keep in mind I'm not a dev, so my answer might not be 100% accurate here. As far as I understand, most of the changes are simply how the engine processes things, so most of them will not require more power than before. That being said, I'm sure some of them (like light scattering) will need some power. So overall it should not be too bad (again, I#m no expert. I'm sure our experts will have a better answer further down the line).
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan thanks for the answer :hi: but I would like to clarify one thing. One thing that is really important to me.

Can the devs comment on that if I upgrade my regular PS4 to a PS4 pro will that give me a better experience in FS19 on 1080P only or will PS4 and PS4 pro have exactly the same performance with the same graphic settings in both devices?

If PS4 pro will give me that small bit of extra juice for a better experience in FS19 I'll upgrade, if not I won't bother.

A sincere answer (business might prevent that) would really be much appreciated.

I'm asking this because in terms of FS17, PS4 and PS4 pro doesn't seem to be too apart from each other.
A lot of people with FS17 experience on both devices said the same thing that it is not worthed.
But may be this is a different stroy with FS19. That is what I'm after.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:02 am I'm asking this because in terms of FS17, PS4 and PS4 pro doesn't seem to be too apart from each other.
Not entirely true. PS4 pro has higher settings and better graphics. It might not be considered 'worth' for everyone and I see that, but you'll already get a better game experience with the PS4 PRO in FS17. The same is true for FS19. It's better hardware after all.

I can't tell if it's worth it, but that's a matter of taste for me. I already like the PS4 PRO version of a lot of games better than the normal PS4 version, however, some of my friends tell me I'm an *$#%§* and the differnces are not that big. I expect this to happen with FS19 as well
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Jeez.... :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Still in the middle of nowhere.
Thanks for the answer though :hi: Much appreciated.
FS17 addict part of me is trying to convince my logical part to upgrade to PS4 pro.
Thus there is an ongoing battle in me that needs to come to an end before I end up buying a PC :lol:
PS5 / FS22
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 am Jeez.... :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Still in the middle of nowhere.
FS17 addict part of me is trying to convince my logical part to upgrade to PS4 pro.
Thus there is an ongoing battle in me that needs to come to an end before I end up buying a PC :lol:
Rodha my advice would be to have a PC built rather than an upgrade of console. Plenty of second hand gaming Pc`s for sale at reasonable prices.

The lighting and HDR make a huge difference to picture quality and on a high quality 4k tv its a beautiful game.

Option 1 upgrade to a ps4 pro and 4k tv - maybe 2000 dollars
option 2 upgrade to a ps4 -200 dollars
option 3 change to pc- 800 dollars
option 4 change to pc and 4k tv - 3000 dollars

The Tv is the one thing that makes a huge difference, luckily I have an LG so I have seen the huge difference in gaming.
markare

Post by markare »

3 grand for a pc and 4k TV. You got robbed with that. Can pick up a custom build pc and a 4k TV for less than half of that
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 am Jeez.... :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Still in the middle of nowhere.
I treated myself to a PS4 Pro when I got my new 4K TV last year. I never regretted it. People who say the Pro isn't worth the money haven't really used one, in my opinion. FS17 looks gorgeous in 4K and there is a noticeable improvement in some textures, particularly on the vehicles. If you don't own a 4K TV then I'm not sure what the benefit of the Pro is. FS-17 already has decent FPS on the base PS4. I'm not sure the draw distance is much improved in the Pro version.

If you really love playing FS and devote a lot of time to it then the obvious answer is to get a decent PC. Thats what I did at the start of this year. In terms of the over all game experience I suspect the gap between the PC and console versions of the game will narrow with FS-19, but that gap will always be there to some degree. Vehicle licensing and outside scripting issues will always mean the consoles won't ever get the full experience of the PC version. On PC the game is such a different experience.

FS-19 on a high end PC will look mind blowing I think.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

saltire266 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 amRodha my advice would be to have a PC built rather than an upgrade of console.
Thanks for the advice :hi: I get that a lot and tbh at some point I was pretty close to buying a PC.
But PS4 suits more to my life atm. What I really need is a simple device.
I'm really fed up with computer stuff at the office.
PS4 gives me that. Simplicity. Turn it on and play.
Besides, game developers take console optimizations more seriously than pc.
Giants for one, yes we get less mods but what we get is trouble free %99 of the time.
Look at FS19. Obviously they made serious improvements on optimization to make those graphics work on older PS4 hardware.
Things like that makes me continue with my PS4.
If I'm going to be doing anything, it will be upgrading to a PS4 pro.
Mobias wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 amIf you really love playing FS and devote a lot of time to it then the obvious answer is to get a decent PC. Thats what I did at the start of this year. In terms of the over all game experience I suspect the gap between the PC and console versions of the game will narrow with FS-19, but that gap will always be there to some degree. Vehicle licensing and outside scripting issues will always mean the consoles won't ever get the full experience of the PC version. On PC the game is such a different experience.
The time I put on FS17 is simply the whole time when I'm at home. I do literally nothing other than playing FS17 and eating (when required :biggrin2: ).
I don't use a TV. I prefer a 23" monitor close to my eye sight. 1080P is pretty good atm. But I wouldn't say no to a 4K monitor.
The comparison I always get from people between PS4 and PS4 pro was based on 1080P.
I'm sure in 4K the difference should be much worthed for an upgrade.
But that means a PS4 pro and 4K monitor. I don't have enough money for both atm.
I want to make this happen but may be with the release of FS19.
I was hoping PS5 to come out before FS19 so that I can get away with only one upgrade.
Obviosuly FS21 will come to PS5.
Now, I think a PS4 pro will be a requirement with FS19 for the best experience.
PS5 / FS22
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Bravo, Giants! Eagerly looking forward to FS19, and happily enjoying FS17 along the way :)
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have always found it hard to be able to tell the "depth of perception" when handling logs etc ...
Hopefully these improvements will change this ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Stoned Hippy

Post by Stoned Hippy »

When could we expect to pre-order Farming Simulator 19 for pc? I've only seen and read new features and already itching to buy it lol.
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

markare wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:21 am 3 grand for a pc and 4k TV. You got robbed with that. Can pick up a custom build pc and a 4k TV for less than half of that
Not in Scotland I wasn't. 65 inch LG was 3.5 last year
PC was 1000 plus 700 for an EVGA GTX1080 FTW

Quality cost money especially with the SNP running stuff ;-)