Engine updates in FS19. Direct comparison FS17 / FS19

markare

Re: Engine updates in FS19. Direct comparison FS17 / FS19

Post by markare »

I'm in Scotland. I googled prices and there are 4k tvs going for 300. You do realise the price you paid you could haggle. You've got every right to. Never pay full price tag on electrical goods, tell them to make you an offer or your going elsewhere they will Rattle the price down cos they want your ££££
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

I expect a nice graphic even on standard consoles, 70% of console games have a graphic equal or higher than the screens shown in the forum yesterday.
Only one thing is needed, optimization.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Do not get me wrong these images are very nice. There is a huge difference in the look. But im just a little sad about two things in the ideal picture. 1 the headers are still not harvesting the entire width of the headers. Look in both pictures and it seems like its not harvesting that last 6-8 inches of the header. Like the sizing isnt right. 2 there really isnt much ground deformation. I do like that you can see the ridges better but the tires aren't leaving any trail. Both the ground and stuble should be showing that a combine has just passed.
I am very excited to see more though. Giants you guys get better each installment!
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Well. That seals it. I’m gonna have to start spec’ing a new machine because I must be able to max out the settings on FS19....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Princeguardian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am Do not get me wrong these images are very nice. There is a huge difference in the look. But im just a little sad about two things in the ideal picture. 1 the headers are still not harvesting the entire width of the headers. Look in both pictures and it seems like its not harvesting that last 6-8 inches of the header. Like the sizing isnt right. 2 there really isnt much ground deformation. I do like that you can see the ridges better but the tires aren't leaving any trail. Both the ground and stuble should be showing that a combine has just passed.
I am very excited to see more though. Giants you guys get better each installment!
It's the alpha version so it may not be what you say it is, there's still a lot of work to be done
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Princeguardian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am Do not get me wrong these images are very nice. There is a huge difference in the look. But im just a little sad about two things in the ideal picture. 1 the headers are still not harvesting the entire width of the headers. Look in both pictures and it seems like its not harvesting that last 6-8 inches of the header. Like the sizing isnt right. 2 there really isnt much ground deformation. I do like that you can see the ridges better but the tires aren't leaving any trail. Both the ground and stuble should be showing that a combine has just passed.
I get what you are saying, but I have two words for you, “Alpha Content”.

The width issue is probably a detail that can tuned fairly easily between now and release. (And in the end, it really is pretty minor in my book.) As for soil deformation, that could easily be something still in development. So either it isn’t enabled yet or they aren’t prepared to tip their hand so early. It may be a little of both.

After all, I can think of at least one other similar game that has touted that feature, but hasn’t seemed to (so far) really deliver on the promises...
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 pm It will be able to, no worries :)
thanks for the response. it looks stunning. I saw in the shots what appeared to be 2d ground. is this due to change as the game gets closer to realese?
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

W1der wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm I have always found it hard to be able to tell the "depth of perception" when handling logs etc ...
Hopefully these improvements will change this ... *thumbsup*
I don't think that would change until a 3D or a VR version comes out because depth of perception comes from 3D visualisation. If you don't have the 3rd dimension you don't get the depth of perception. This is probably the only thing I would really pay any price tag in FS because it would change the game at least 100 times more than seasons changed it.
PS5 / FS22
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

The header issue runs all the way back to 2008. And i know these pics are just the beginning and alpha content. Was just hoping to see a little glimpse of ground deformation. There have been several games out recently that have blown me away when it comes to that so i was just hoping to see a bit more here. But no these images are just awesome. Go back and look at 2008 game and then check out that ideal combine. WOW!
W1der

Post by W1der »

RODHA wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:07 am
W1der wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm I have always found it hard to be able to tell the "depth of perception" when handling logs etc ...
Hopefully these improvements will change this ... *thumbsup*
I don't think that would change until a 3D or a VR version comes out because depth of perception comes from 3D visualisation. If you don't have the 3rd dimension you don't get the depth of perception. This is probably the only thing I would really pay any price tag in FS because it would change the game at least 100 times more than seasons changed it.
I guess this depends on what you mean by "depth of perception".
Playing this game on a 2D screen I can tell that some objects are further away and others are close.
Lighting / shades adds a lot to this.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

True. I just evaluated the situation as on or off. 3D or not.
Without 3D some elements can suffice for the lack of depth but still I don't think it would be enough for lets say playing the game always in cab view.
PS5 / FS22
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

The photos are very nice! A couple of things that I wanted to acknowledge about. I understand this is still alpha. The ground does look better. But I don't see that tire imprint I was hoping for. Giants competitor has a true imprint. Hope this will change.

The other thing is in those photos, it looks as if Giants has used a shader mod and added more bloom. I use a custom shader in FS17 and the graphics are just awesome compared to the vanilla graphics. Until we get that first in game video we will have to wait and see.
crash

Post by crash »

Just looked at sony 55" 9005 4k tv + ps4 pro in norway, 17000NOk or 2200usd. Suddenly the 1080 8G isent thath expensive.. Upgrading the 1060 6gb to a 1080 is half the price rougly.. But i most likely will be happy with what i got at 1080 resulotion. Got some hot titles coming before fs19, starting Next weekend With far cry 5, and one week of work for easter :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

Looks awesome and all :search: , but are we still locked at 60 fps? :hmm:
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

DukaSoft wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 pm Looks awesome and all :search: , but are we still locked at 60 fps? :hmm:
If you're on PC you're not locked. Follow this video to unlock them:

Then press F2 to see the framerate and F3 to unlock the framerate (though I think you need to disable vsync in the game options).