The Farming Simulator series turns 10 today

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

The Farming Simulator series turns 10 today

Post by Lisertan »

Exactly 10 years ago, on the 14th of April 2008, the success story of the Farming Simulator series began. Right from the beginning, the first game of the series met the taste of the players and thus became a hit almost overnight.

We would like to thank all our players for their loyalty. Ten years of Farming Simulator would never have been possible without you all, because no game lives without its community. Our modders and players, our fans and streamers/youtubers, will always be part of the family of the Farming Simulator.

This is to the next 10 years and we promise: We will not rest, we will continue to evolve and we will look into a bright and exciting future where our next game is about to show you how to farm like never before.

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Dogface

Re: The Farming Simulator series turns 10 today

Post by Dogface »

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations to GIANTS at this milestone, and wishing continued success in the next ten years!

Frohes Jubiläum! Wir gratulieren GIANTS zu diesem Meilenstein und wünschen weiterhin viel Erfolg in den nächsten zehn Jahren!

JohnDeere1952

Post by JohnDeere1952 »

Happy anniversary Giants. Hope to see many more years to come.
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

For the longest time I wondered why this game was seemingly popular. Than I decided to give it a try when it was on sale during the winter Xbox sale. I now fully understand why this series has become popular and has lasted this long and I'm now fully looking forward to FS19 just as much as other big titles that will be releasing this Fall.

Congrats on 10 years!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I saw the demo for FS2011, laughed quite a bit and downloaded to laugh more. Not 15 minutes later the laughter had all gone and I'd bought the full game. What I fully expected to be a joke game turned out to be something that's taken up far too much of my life!

I skipped the initial release of FS2013 (no idea why) but bought the Titanium Edition. FS15 was the first I pre-ordered and I got into mods for the first time (Coldborough Park Farm continues to be my favourite map and I dread to think how many hours I've played it for across FS15 and FS17). FS17 has been great and FS19 looks fantastic from the snippets we've seen.

Thank you Giants, especially your openness and support for modders, congratulations on a great franchise and I wish you every success for the next 10 years and more beyond.
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

So, who found the easteregg without looking in Discord? :D
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Congrats Giants on making a game series for ten years today it’s rare that games can continue this long without growing stale and boring for gamers but because of the hard work and dedication you guys put in this game never gets old, this game also is dear to me because I grew up around a farm but not on it and I’m a farm boy at heart so this game allows me to enjoy that passion anytime of the years thanks again guys
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

That was an awesome video. I really enjoyed it. What was the easteregg? I couldn’t find it. I kept looking for hints at FS19 :)
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:24 pm So, who found the easteregg without looking in Discord? :D
After reading your post, watched it again and again but still nothing :confusednew: what is it? :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

One thing that caught my eye was the
birds at the end (2.59)
... But probably nothing and not the easter egg.

Anyway! A VERY happy birthday to the franchise. I can't begin to describe what the game means to me on the whole. And I have no doubt you will never cease to impress us with future versions.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Iwould have thought it was the birds as well... i did not see anything out of the ordanary
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Guitarman wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 pm One thing that caught my eye was the
birds at the end (2.59)
... But probably nothing and not the easter egg.
That's the one ;) First time we show the upcoming game in action (even if only for a second) that, indeed is our easteregg...and it's recorded ingame in FS19 :D
Community Manager

Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

That's awesome!! That'll make the world feel so much more alive! With everything we've heard so far I can barely imagine how good it's going to be. Thank you for confirming as well. I was reading the forums back in the hype for fs15, I'm glad I'm taking part this time around ;)
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Congrats Giants!! I started playing the series on an iPad with FS14 and was immediately hooked. Thanks for all you guys do! Looking forward to FS19 and the future of the franchise.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Congratulation Giants Team and all the best for the next 10 Yrs!
Thx for the Effort and Time you put into the Game!

And also thx to all Modders, for making a great Game even greater!
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]: