How a games forum made Farming Simulator real

parad0x177

Re: How a games forum made Farming Simulator real

Post by parad0x177 »

Very cool article. I had no idea how Farming Simulator came to be but, now, having read the article, I can totally see it. The story just makes sense and it verifies the vibe that I think really drew me into the game. Basically, it doesn’t take long to realize that (unlike other games that try to crank out a new version every year or two just for profit) this game really is about getting “better” all around, while always considering the players and genuinely listening. That dynamic is a big part of why I think the game is great and I think it is why so many talented modders are willing to invest so much time in it.

By the way, I’m one of those “hard-to-crack” US nuts. I am a “hardcore” simulator fan from way back, but so much of the genre seems to have died off (from what I remember in the 80’s and 90’s anyway) that I had basically given up. I had no idea FS existed until ‘13 happened to show up for free on XBox Games with Gold. I tried it on a whim one Sunday morning and the next thing I know, I’ve bought all the DLCs and I’m looking at getting it from Steam. At this point, I don’t know how many hundreds of hours I have on ‘13, ‘15, and ‘17. (I’ll be one of the first in line for ‘19, too.)

Oh, and the best part? My young son loves it, too. So it gives me something we can do together that also gives him a glimpse into what it was like for me, my Father, my Grandfather, and my Great Grandfather growing up and/or working on farms.

Anyway, I don’t mean to get too far off topic. Just wanted to relate how I got here and what the game means to me. Oh, and to say thanks! Keep it up!
W1der

Re: How a games forum made Farming Simulator real

Post by W1der »

How about giving the "community" some more attention for FS19 ... :)

I have made some nice friends through this game ...
Would it not be awesome with a "Multi Player Community" !?

Give us the tools to sign up for a MP profile with the possibility to bookmark our favorite servers and friends.
Let us see which games/servers our friends are hosting or currently playing on.
Stats that shows how many hours you have played on MP (even for each server) ... maybe add "reputation".
Things that would let us keep track of the "trolls" etc ... ;)
A "task manager" for the admin and easy over view of available jobs that needs to be done for the "guests" ...

The younger audience would probably like this, as they are used to it from other games!

For me, when I get bored of "Single Player" I turn to Multi Player ... but there are lots of attention needed for this.
I think that Multi Player could be a lot better experience if it gets a complete overhaul!

I am comparing with my experience from playing Battle Field ...
Ready to give up on the game when I had my first MP experience ... which made me buy the next game in the series and keep playing for years and years (until I discovered FS15).
Even if a MP game session in many ways are similar to SP, the "human factor" makes the MP experience different for infinity!

GIANTS ... if you have not already ... try to host an open MP game to learn what features are missing.
The possibilities to "troll" needs to be minimized ... :this:

... :hi:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5