The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

redglasses

Re: The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Post by redglasses »

So companies dont want free advertisement
Actually its more then free, giants are paying for the license :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:15 pm
Farmerfox2001 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm Sometimes I think giants don't care about console players I haven't played the game in ages I have been waiting for the dlc I am very disappointed
I disagree They got us Seasons the Horsch pack the Fendt 1050 and a lot more mods.FREE. Plus they always communicate with us. It might not be the answer you want but its better than silence. You think they would legitimately not want consoles to get this and lose their cut of the pie?
Couldn't be explained better Taco *thumbsup*
Personally, my complaint isn't based on "why we didn't get it". Because I'm aware "mods on consoles" issue in general is still on its baby steps. It is growing everyday on a lot of different games. But there is still a lot of ground to be covered before making the mod availability identical for PC and consoles.
What I'm complaining is the path Giants took in terms of informing us correctly.
That was a real and disappointing mistake. I wouldn't have expected that from Giants.
All we needed was to be informed properly from the begining instead of getting the bad news like it is nothing.
Giants do care about the console market hell of a lot more than anyone of us could imagine and they are making their best to level the ground.
But in terms of informing the community on what can be done or not, they seem to be a bit under caring.
Thats what really disappoints me.
PS5 / FS22
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

I don't normally post on issues like this but, on this occasion I do have the upmost sympathy for the console players. Looking back I can't see any mention until yesterday, when it was released, that it wouldn't be coming to console.
In all honesty I thought this particular DLC was aimed at the console players mainly due to the fact it would give them some modern classics to use. We on PC are suitably finished with modern classics so this DLC is of limited interest really. I have only bought it for the Loadall and the Fastrac as I used to drive these in my youth. I already have mods of the TX and the Case and of course we've already got Peter J's 300 series pack. If the two JCB's hadn't been of personal interest I wouldn't have purchased.
I don't normally slate GIANTS but in this instance I think this has been poorly managed. Especially as they must have seen that a lot of interest in the pack was coming from the console players.
If it is a brand licensing issue it doesn't take to much guessing which one it is as we already have classic NH, MF and Case IH in game.
As I said I play on PC and on this occasion and can see why the console players are slightly miffed.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

All the brands in this DLC are already in game. So there is still no clue which brand(s) might be blocking this.
And besides, Giants wouldn't have implied this coming to consoles if they were aware of these issues from the start.
There is a huge difference between consoles and pc, it has always been there. Stop the constant complaining. It's the way it is. Why would a game developer screw with certain players on purpose? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

Anyway, thanks for the DLC!
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Read my post again. Yes all brands are in game but only NH, Case IH, MF have modern classics in game. So work out which brand hasn't got a modern classic in game already.
Nobody's saying they screwed with certain players on purpose.
Perhaps some home work first would have stopped people being disappointed.
As I said I am on PC so makes no difference to me.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm
Bungle wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Mattharv wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:36 pm what a let down pc only if I knew that I wouldnt of voted
Think this may be the bone in the console players throat. Had we known.......... maybe we would have not voted. I know I wouldn’t have!!
This sounds like it's aimed at the Mattxjs. Remember he has no control over this - it sounds like there a few issues, but I reiterate, the DLC doesn't have any non-standard scripts and in theory (with the usual compatibility caveats) would be fully compatible with consoles. I know he expected it to be on consoles as did Giants, but if it's not to be it's not to be.

Other than the fictional map proposals (where no real brands are necessary of course) any of the other proposals could and maybe would have these same issues with the same outcome. We'll only know if the Grimme pack has such issues when it is ready, but as it only features one brand it is less likely to fail on that regard.

It's a shame this thread has turned into another console complaining thread. We know one of several reasons why this has failed to appear on consoles. It's a shame it's not possible, and I'm sure Giants will have looked at or are looking into all possible ways to avoid this, but that's the way it is - they're not going to potentially damage their relationships with brands by going against their wishes or circumnavigate their agreements, and if Sony or Microsoft are involved they won't be going around those either (or you might find you wouldn't have FS19 to play on your consoles (and potentially have FS17 removed from your consoles!)).

Remember Giants will hope to make money on this DLC too, so it's not like they would have kept it from consoles for some silly, inconsequential reasons.
I’ve read the replies from Giants and apologise for my comment. At the time it looked as if it was not supposed to be EVER released for console. But as we’ve seen with “seasons” anything is possible. I feel maybe a comment from Giants when the new dlc was released explaining WHY it didn’t come to console would have saved a lot of animosity.
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 am I don't normally post on issues like this but, on this occasion I do have the upmost sympathy for the console players. Looking back I can't see any mention until yesterday, when it was released, that it wouldn't be coming to console.
In all honesty I thought this particular DLC was aimed at the console players mainly due to the fact it would give them some modern classics to use. We on PC are suitably finished with modern classics so this DLC is of limited interest really. I have only bought it for the Loadall and the Fastrac as I used to drive these in my youth. I already have mods of the TX and the Case and of course we've already got Peter J's 300 series pack. If the two JCB's hadn't been of personal interest I wouldn't have purchased.
I don't normally slate GIANTS but in this instance I think this has been poorly managed. Especially as they must have seen that a lot of interest in the pack was coming from the console players.
If it is a brand licensing issue it doesn't take to much guessing which one it is as we already have classic NH, MF and Case IH in game.
As I said I play on PC and on this occasion and can see why the console players are slightly miffed.
Thank you for the empathy *thumbsup* As we usually get the exact opposite of this, it is really appreciated :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

No problem at all Rhoda. At the end of the day we're all just farming no mater what platform we're on.
You'll never get any PC snobbery from me.
Take care mate.
Sencar

Post by Sencar »

Is it coming to steam?😉😯
Trax

Post by Trax »

Lisertan wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:06 pm
Lost1nSpace wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pmWill it be availabe on steam store?
No, but our version works with the Steam version :)
Wenn alle anderen sagen,: "Das geht nicht", dann muss es gehen... Michael Horsch
garyst

Post by garyst »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 am Read my post again. Yes all brands are in game but only NH, Case IH, MF have modern classics in game. So work out which brand hasn't got a modern classic in game already.
Nobody's saying they screwed with certain players on purpose.
Perhaps some home work first would have stopped people being disappointed.
As I said I am on PC so makes no difference to me.

I would still buy the pack if they removed the jcb's, heck I would pay the $5 for just the case ih tractor.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

So where FS15 mod DLC pack and FS13s 3 mod DLC packs we got on consoles this troublesome? Looking at release dates, its almost predictable when next thing was coming. After FS17s kuhn and big bud, i believed something was coming in august, which nothing came, but in august i believed November was next possible release for something and we got platinum in November
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am All we needed was to be informed properly from the begining instead of getting the bad news like it is nothing.
We can blame this on our CMs time spent with EA.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Why y’all getting so butthurt over some old tractors anyways?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:30 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am All we needed was to be informed properly from the begining instead of getting the bad news like it is nothing.
We can blame this on our CMs time spent with EA.
That was harsh :smileynew:
I don't think that was Lisertan's call.
He has always been honest and sincere since we met him.
So, I assume this was out of his hand.
Obviously it was known by Giants that console players were also waiting for these 2 DLCs.
After things went south somebody had to make the call I guess but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Lisertan.
I'm not going after who, why, how after that point. I just don't want this to happen ever again. Thats it.
PS5 / FS22