The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

BC144601

Re: The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Post by BC144601 »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 am I don't normally post on issues like this but, on this occasion I do have the upmost sympathy for the console players. Looking back I can't see any mention until yesterday, when it was released, that it wouldn't be coming to console.
In all honesty I thought this particular DLC was aimed at the console players mainly due to the fact it would give them some modern classics to use. We on PC are suitably finished with modern classics so this DLC is of limited interest really. I have only bought it for the Loadall and the Fastrac as I used to drive these in my youth. I already have mods of the TX and the Case and of course we've already got Peter J's 300 series pack. If the two JCB's hadn't been of personal interest I wouldn't have purchased.
I don't normally slate GIANTS but in this instance I think this has been poorly managed. Especially as they must have seen that a lot of interest in the pack was coming from the console players.
If it is a brand licensing issue it doesn't take to much guessing which one it is as we already have classic NH, MF and Case IH in game.
As I said I play on PC and on this occasion and can see why the console players are slightly miffed.
Well said, Thank you.

cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

listen... consolers were "led" to believe this DLC would be for all...and it isn't...and it isn't going to be... so best to forget about it...just throw this on top of the rest of the FS17 disappointments pile and move on...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:30 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am All we needed was to be informed properly from the begining instead of getting the bad news like it is nothing.
We can blame this on our CMs time spent with EA.
That was harsh :smileynew:
I don't think that was Lisertan's call.
He has always been honest and sincere since we met him.
So, I assume this was out of his hand.
Obviously it was known by Giants that console players were also waiting for these 2 DLCs.
After things went south somebody had to make the call I guess but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Lisertan.
I'm not going after who, why, how after that point. I just don't want this to happen ever again. Thats it.
It was a joke about EA.

I know its not Listerans fault.
@Listeran,my apologies for a bad joke.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

@TacoFarmer I thought it was funny. :-P
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Just looked on the whats next. It does not mention console anywhere on that, just DLC. So somewhere down the words have been changed by some of us
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Been searchin/head scratchin all night about why i would have thought it would come to consoles like many others. Best i can come up with is Official DLC. It sounded like giants would be working WITH modder. I didnt think Giants could Officially release something unlicensed to be in the game as a dlc. So if item was to be licensed and ifficial there would be no reason it couldnt come to consoles. Another thing was money. There was to be money changing hands. It wasn't going to be a mod that was free to download. No this had money involved which meant cross every T and dot, in my mind nothing unlicensed where the brand had a money trail to follow should legality come into play. Once again no reason then it couldnt come to consoles.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Could of swore I remember them saying something about it being for consoles too in the presentation video. Might have to watch it again when I have more time.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 pmIt was a joke about EA.
Sorry Taco :sadnew:
PS5 / FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Princeguardian wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:22 pm Been searchin/head scratchin all night about why i would have thought it would come to consoles like many others. Best i can come up with is Official DLC. It sounded like giants would be working WITH modder. I didnt think Giants could Officially release something unlicensed to be in the game as a dlc. So if item was to be licensed and ifficial there would be no reason it couldnt come to consoles. Another thing was money. There was to be money changing hands. It wasn't going to be a mod that was free to download. No this had money involved which meant cross every T and dot, in my mind nothing unlicensed where the brand had a money trail to follow should legality come into play. Once again no reason then it couldnt come to consoles.
I'd be staggered if all of their contracts with larger manufacturers allow Giants to go out and make any model they want, let alone a third-party modder, DLC or not. Most manufacturers will want certain pieces of equipment in the game, and while I'm sure Giants can request this and that, ultimately it will be down to the manufacturer whether that happens.

Clearly CNH allowed some of their older models in FS17, and someone said earlier that rules them out, but they might not be happy with a third-party modder making their models for a commercial DLC. For all we know there could be licensing issues with everything but the Lizard trailer!

Hopefully Giants will find a way to get the DLC on consoles somehow, but even if you take the brand issue out there were still other undisclosed issues to sort out too - and who knows how serious those issues are.

I get the impression Giants have used FS17 to trial a few ways to allow certain modders/modding teams to be rewarded for their work. We saw that with the ModHub reward system, the usual Mod Contest, the Horsch mod pack the DLC proposals winning entries and (for the first time since FS2011 or FS2013) they allowed an unofficial DLC, the Straw Addon DLC. With so many different ways of allowing modders to be rewarded there are always going to be unforeseen issues, but hopefully they'll learn from them and in upcoming editions we'll see more streamlined ways of getting mods and third-party DLCs to players - all players.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

When SCS was getting licenses for American Truck Simulator, they wanted to include one company's vintage truck. But the company said no, because they wanted their brand new trucks showcased in the game. Licensing is a strange thing, it isn't necessarily going to make sense.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

My theory is at least one of those brands in the DLC wants some more chedda ($$$) to be available for consoles. Its probably in their license agreement that if a paid DLC is released they must be compensated.

Again just my theory but seems pretty reasonable.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Isnt illegal illegal? I understand that on mod hub they csn mirror to get illegal mods to pc but now that money is involved i would think it would be different. Yes? No?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

There are no illegal mods, mods are just user-made content, where some are shared between players. The only exception would be, if the uploader of a mod earns money with it in one way or another, yet no one cares about that either.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:05 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 pmIt was a joke about EA.
Sorry Taco :sadnew:
No need for you to be bud. It was my fault .
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

juf.de wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm There are no illegal mods, mods are just user-made content, where some are shared between players. The only exception would be, if the uploader of a mod earns money with it in one way or another, yet no one cares about that either.
Lol. Obviously somebody cares otherwise it would be on consoles. Thats kinda the point with this whole topic. Giants cant legally put it on consoles, how then n they legally put it in pc? When its a 'mod' its person to person, donation only money, and guants can 'mirror' domain name and have person download it technically from a different site. 'Dlc' is a whole different cat. And this time a person HAS to pay. Wht is it legal then on pc?