The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

juf.de

Re: The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Post by juf.de »

You mix up DLC/addon and mod, a mod is user-made content which no money involved and therefor not illegal. This here is a DLC where money is involved and therefor the license issue has to be solved, as well as some other things.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

yea like Princeguardian said. if there is a license issue how can they even sell it on pc if there is a license issue. I could see if it was free but it's not. so if there is a lincense issue they couldn't sell it on any platforms until they solve the license issue.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Just stop this useless speculating. No one here knows why and no one from Giants will give any specific reasons.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Alagos wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm Just stop this useless speculating. No one here knows why and no one from Giants will give any specific reasons.
NO and don't tell us what to do. if you do don't like it go somewhere else and don't read this thread
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Dogface wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:35 pm When SCS was getting licenses for American Truck Simulator, they wanted to include one company's vintage truck. But the company said no, because they wanted their brand new trucks showcased in the game. Licensing is a strange thing, it isn't necessarily going to make sense.
I think this may be a key piece that is getting overlooked. Manufacturers can be protective of their brands, and just because they may have less influence/control on one platform (PC), may not mean they will forsake their influence/control on the other (consoles). Just look at the myriad of racing games on consoles, in many cases, it is only the latest/greatest the manufacturers have to offer, and it some cases (GT5?) dirt/damage wasn't even an option! Just because a brand is already present on the platform does not mean the manufacturer has granted Giants an unlimited license to their brand.

I wonder what form/tone a thread would take if Giants were no longer allowed to show any in-game objects (other than their own Lizard-brand) with dirt/mud, imposed due to such license-imposed limitations?

P.S. I am also a big believer that if platform zealots would stop trying to hitch their bandwagon to each and every opportunity that came along to further their own agenda, we would have more wheat, and significantly less chaff, ultimately leading to more constructive discussion

P.P.S. I play both PS4 and PC, and while I believe both have their pros/cons, I am also of the mindset that as this series originated as a PC-only game, it stands to reason that this platform would be host to increased features/functionalities over the relatively new branch into consoles. Nevermind all the additional publication implications brought about with the involvement of Sony and Microsoft. I guess if I was feeling really chaotic, I could propose that mods could be console-specific, such that PS4 could have mods that XB could not (and v/v), depending on the independent negotiations between Giants and Sony/Microsoft...
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

lefe1 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:42 pm NO and don't tell us what to do. if you do don't like it go somewhere else and don't read this thread
Guess I'll be starting a whining thread about the 1000 fendt not being on modhub for PC...
Apparently no one will mind...
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Why is it when anyone asks a question of why something is, other people think they are whining. I have seen some whuning moments on here but for the most part its people asking questions.

And sure if you want to ask about the 1000 fendt knock yourself out. Id like to know too. Even though its not a concern on my platform. This section though is about the modern clasics dlc.
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

I heard JD is going to be in fs19
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

^^^^^^yeah what Princeguardian said^^^^^^^^
And I guess some people didn't read my cookie baking post HAHA. my point is when you receive all the cookies why would you care what the one's say that don't get all the cookies. just eat your cookies and smile. If I had a PC which I did until it blew up. I wouldn't care what console people where saying because you have access to all mods on PC, so why would you even care and comment on what any console player says. just go download all the mods that you can get from multiple website and have fun playing with all them mods on PC. and if the console players want to whine, let them. why would you care because you have access to all mods on PC. So just let them be. until you start to not get all the cookies you can't say anything about what the console players are saying. So go enjoy all access mods on PC and let us console players alone.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Dogface wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:35 pm When SCS was getting licenses for American Truck Simulator, they wanted to include one company's vintage truck. But the company said no, because they wanted their brand new trucks showcased in the game. Licensing is a strange thing, it isn't necessarily going to make sense.
This concept makes sense. It's perfectly acceptable to want the newest and best a company has to offer - I mean, that's kinda common sense to a degree?

However, what I am failing to understand (and I'm not alone) is as to why it can be sold on PC under the same licencing agreement, but not consoles.

Now, to put it out there, I was disappointed when I learnt the issue. Now, I've thought about it and understand the issue (somewhat) and I've thought that we originally weren't meant to get Seasons or Horsch, but it was made to be. So I still have my hopes.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Jaidan

Post by Jaidan »

Anyone know if it will be coming to consoles?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Jaidan wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm Anyone know if it will be coming to consoles?
Tell me youre joking. LOL.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Jaidan wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm Anyone know if it will be coming to consoles?
Probably not. The modder and Giants tried to get it to consoles but ran into difficulty.
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Modern Classics is coming to Nintendo 64
Mahnew70

Post by Mahnew70 »

Why haven't we seen any AC's yet on consoles?? Can't tell me its no licensing, because technically you have the license..
A.K.A. Farmer Mahnew, Farmer Mahnew Mods