[FS19] E3 CGI Trailer and more screenshots!

markare

Re: [FS19] E3 CGI Trailer and more screenshots!

Post by markare »

The licence for a brand is the rights to use the brand. The equipment that can be used from the brand depends solely on the brand not giants. Getting the JD licence doesn't give giants free reign on what they can use. Like every other licence it will only be certain models that are allowed
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

^^ exactly

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

being a simulator....I cant wait till everyone in game has to start taking there smart tractor on a flat bed to the dealer because you can't do self service or maintenance

Just remember when you drive a Deere...you don't own it..LOL

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Usually what happens with licenses like these is that in order to gain a license, the product (toy, game, clothing, whatever) is presented to the people at Deere who's job it is to do these things. Deere makes any comments and requests changes as they see necessary and it goes to re-approval (if necessary). Once it finally gains approval, a license is granted. The process is very professional. Giants very likely laid out their plan for the game in advance, noting that there are several brands and how they divide things somewhat equally to give all an opportunity. Deere likely requested a certain amount of involvement and very much likely requested that certain items, at minimum, would be added in. Giants probably also reviewed their equipment offering and had certain items in mind as well. Giants likely also has some free range to do some of the things they want as well, which would all be agreed upon before the license was given. As an example...in comparison to toys, a company like Ertl has to work closely with Deere on toys that reflect new products. Deere has their requirements that must be met and certain models they want...sometimes even to the point where they limit production runs of certain models. However, when it comes to toys of vintage tractors, Ertl pretty much has free range to do what they want as far as choosing models.

So many people have the impression that Deere was anti this or that in regards to licensing this game. They have their policy and it is what it is. Giants knew what it was and what it would take to acquire it. It would be no different than any other merchandise. If Deere gave Giants a discount, then they would likely have to the same for others and that creates an ethical dilemma. This world isn't as heavy handed as some would believe. I don't know a lot of details about how things work now, but years ago, competitive companies would actually come to the facility to discuss things...favors, exchanges, etc. They would get on the phone and order equipment from each other to break down designs and compare. I'm sure a lot of the things are still the same and some things have changed. I do know that as far as engineering goes, many of these guys know each other personally and belong to professional organizations and committees. Its not at all the cold war image that some portray it to be and licensing certainly isn't the hostage exchange/negotiation that it is made out to be either.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm being a simulator....I cant wait till everyone in game has to start taking there smart tractor on a flat bed to the dealer because you can't do self service or maintenance

What holds true for Deere, holds true for all other brands... CNH, AGCO, Ford, GM, Caterpillar, etc. It's all about the software. Deere is in the spotlight because they develop most of their own software and they are the biggest elephant in the room (regarding agriculture). Its like years ago when the whole Napster thing was going on. 99% of all music artists were against it but bands like Metallica took their lumps because they were out front with the push back. I don't necessarily agree with everything in regards to either side of the right to repair argument, but I do know both sides need to have a real understanding of what is really going on. OEM's need to abide by EPA regulations and protect copyrights. Equipment owners need to be able to fix their equipment (not necessarily change the programing) without being forced to go to a dealership.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

very true... I agree farmers should be able to maintain there own tractors and equipment if they so desire.. but current DMCA rules prevent this... a ruling for an exemption was upheld for cars...but sadly not for farm equipment....“Right to Repair” legislation has now been introduced in 17 states..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Cool trailer. Like the look of the fields. Hope that is what the new map roughly resembles. Here's hoping. Wonder what purpose the dog will have. Will he just follow you around or will he actually do something (what i have no clue). Maybe we can train him so he is a hired out worker Haha.
Go drive that combine boy...... Good boy.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Would be neat if the dog could herd sheep. Maybe a shearing task instead of automatic bales piling up? Just tossing an idea around. I think just having a dog that does nothing but follow us around could get annoying after a while.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm being a simulator....I cant wait till everyone in game has to start taking there smart tractor on a flat bed to the dealer because you can't do self service or maintenance

Ya, you dont own deere, you own a match :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

redglasses wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 am

Ya, you dont own deere, you own a match :lol:
You'd see more red tractors on fire if people actually bought them.
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

I love the details in the hopper bottom, all the way down to all the rivets and even the caution sticker. Although I've never seen wide tires on a hopper bottom before. I'm sure that's a Brent auger wagon as they were on FS17. I do hope that for sale sign is an indication that we can sell land and or they brought back the land auction. The obs Ford looks like the one in my driveway, grill guard and color.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:21 pm Doing some detective work this morning.... So I saw this Image

I did a quick search and found https://elmersmfg.com/haul-master-grain-cart/.

Obviously I'm doing A LOT of speculating here, but they make some really interesting things if they are the new brand.
I knew elmers made track systems, I know horsch and white use them on some of their equipment, did not know they had equipment of their own. That cart looks pretty sweet, thought it was a brent at first glance. Maybe we will see tracks as options on more equipment with the elmers transfer tracks? I wonder if they got a license for the grain hopper from timpte or wilson or if it is just going to be a lizard. Either way, it will sure be nice to have a vanilla hopper bottom.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Jballak9197 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:57 am Although I've never seen wide tires on a hopper bottom before.

The wide tires are lighter than duals and any truck or trailer can get them. The down side is if one blows you have to call road side service, with duals you may be able to coast it to a shop if the other tire didn't go too... Neither of which matters in farm sim though. As a trucker, I prefer the wide tires, gives me a lil more weight for cargo.
PC gamer.
Deek

Post by Deek »

Is there gonna be uses for the dog like commands or is it just going to be roaming about then farm yard ?
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

Beastbubba wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 am
Jballak9197 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:57 am Although I've never seen wide tires on a hopper bottom before.

The wide tires are lighter than duals and any truck or trailer can get them. The down side is if one blows you have to call road side service, with duals you may be able to coast it to a shop if the other tire didn't go too... Neither of which matters in farm sim though. As a trucker, I prefer the wide tires, gives me a lil more weight for cargo.
We have super slicks on most of our trucks and all of our trailers. I pull a 50ft Wilson walking floor with a third tag axle. All of our trucks are equipped with pusher axles. I just had never seen the mud style tire like in the screen shot... Although it is a sim game. That was just something I noticed. Personally I'd just prefer the duals as for no more you really save in weight to reliability. Although I've put close to 100k miles on the super singles and never blown one... I have had to have one patched. Tag axle tires I've blown a few. We are starting to transition to Wilkens belt trailers. Just got 3 of them in last week.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.