The new forum design is here

reider

Re: The new forum design is here

Post by reider »

I am not the type to complain, never done it once in here. But I seriously I need to go back to the old design and let's face it, it is built on the old one with a new look. No amount of getting used to it will work and I am spending less time here as a result. It's too big, too brash, too red, too many spaces. I am opening it then just closing it, it's like a sea of red or a wall of red and I just cannot see past it. I suffer short term memory and confusion due to severe pain medications for a damaged spine in an operation and this place now trips me out. I do not wish a darker version of this I just want out of this. I realise it may work for others but it does not do anything for me whatsoever. I will stop now rather than spoil it for the rest but I really need to go back to the old look.
markare

Post by markare »

Lis something else I just noticed using mobile. When you are scrolling through tabs and have a notification you see a number on the tab that it corresponds to. When you click on the tab with the notification they are not visible. The new layout has them hidden under your username at the very top with no indication. I found it by accident today and so far have missed 14 notifications since the new layout has been implemented. Is there any way the older version can still be selected as a theme. It was easier to navigate and the quote system was a lot cleaner than it is on this layout with mobile devices.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:15 am It's a generic design that fits our website style to be honest with you :D
The forum needs tagging
I wouldnt have to quote you anymore!!
I could @Lisertan instead!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

my biggest thing with new design is that on a tablet there is no go to latest posts button visible anywhere
have to try and hit the latest page number, highly annoying
MC, aka Master of Cereals
markare

Post by markare »

Wild Berry just click on the last post time and it will take you right to it, easier to scroll back than it is forward. To get the newest posts like before click the three lines at the top of the forum that gives you further options, new posts is in there
Xb1
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

On my tablet if you click quick links the drop down has a new posts button
You keep a Troshin :hi:
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

thanks guys, but I should've been more clear, I meant last/newest post of a thread. On regular browser it shows an arrow next to name of last poster of a thread, but that's not there on tablet (ipad safari ios11.whatever)
markare

Post by markare »

It shows in the post list the last time and who it was, just click on the time of the last post then. That's how I do it on android
Xb1
Guil

Post by Guil »

wildberry wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 pm thanks guys, but I should've been more clear, I meant last/newest post of a thread. On regular browser it shows an arrow next to name of last poster of a thread, but that's not there on tablet (ipad safari ios11.whatever)
Tap the red icon to the left of the thread/topic name and that will take you to the the first post since you last viewed the thread.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

markare wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:49 pm It shows in the post list the last time and who it was, just click on the time of the last post then. That's how I do it on android
that works thx markare (still would be nice if it had an icon or so :gamer: )
Guil wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:52 pmTap the red icon to the left of the thread/topic name and that will take you to the the first post since you last viewed the thread.
thanks Guil but safari brings me to the very first post of the thread when i do that :gamer:
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

i just noticed there is a teeny tiny << icon after last poster username that links to the post
it is really tiny though
Guil

Post by Guil »

Something wrong with safari then if that's the case, just to be sure though, it's the red icon with a flame in the middle.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

wildberry wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:14 pm i just noticed there is a teeny tiny << icon after last poster username that links to the post
it is really tiny though
Hey,
fixed that... kinda... You can now also click the last post date to get to the last post (like when using a smartphone). Should be a little bit easier to hit properly than that (indeed) little icon :smileynew:
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Guil wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:50 pm Something wrong with safari then if that's the case, just to be sure though
What isn't going wrong with apple stuff these days? My iPhone and iPad are both the last I ever buy of them *thumbsup*
bassaddict wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:49 am
wildberry wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:14 pm i just noticed there is a teeny tiny << icon after last poster username that links to the post
it is really tiny though
Hey,
fixed that... kinda... You can now also click the last post date to get to the last post (like when using a smartphone). Should be a little bit easier to hit properly than that (indeed) little icon :smileynew:
yes, works *thumbsup* thanks :hi:
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

The title bar has:
(1)
before the "Giants Software". So I assume I've been quoted somewhere.

The notifications used to be at top right with a small red number.
It was easy to catch the eye.
Now its hidden in a menu. :(

Please bring back the OLD layout!
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)