[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

drb

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by drb »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am
The central pillar of these new systems is a change to how owning land works. Rather than purchasing single fields, you now buy tracts of land that include fields, forests, and space for buildings. This is now yours to do with as you wish: Creating new fields, placing silos for storage, placing pastures, and cutting down the trees for lumber.
Lisertan, I have a question - apologies if it has been asked and answered: With customization of the map and land ownership becoming an important part of the game, how will the creation of new fields work in the game? By this I don't just mean how will it be done - I assume by plowing as in previous games - but will newly created fields be displayed on the in-game map and minimap, and assigned a field number?

Previously any new fields could only been seen on the map by displaying the growth state, soil composition or fruit type sown, but the map did not reflect the change from say, green grass to a brown soil field. Since the minimap does not display the crop information, there was no sign of a new field displayed there, and no field number assigned.

I see also that ground texture squares will be a part of the game for things like building dirt pathways between our fields or through forests. Will these changes also be reflected on the map and minimap?

Thanks!
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there

I have questions as well

1 how many placeables can we have on a map?
2 if lets say you have a all most blank map
fields added
sell points added
roads added
bga added
3 can the rest be placeables on the map
4 it gives a console player the freedom to make a map how they like it (well thats a long the lines im thinking)
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

The biggest question that someone asked along those lines is what's the slot count for console and how does the new system effect it? Will there be more slots if your starting from scratch? Lots of question on this but we'll know soon enough I suppose.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That question has been asked zibillion times and has not been answered properly.
But judging by the fact that the new graphics engine allows objects to occupy less space in RAM, there is a strong possibility that we can have more slot count unless those gainings from a more efficient graphics engine are not used to compensate more detailed graphics. Even so, we would probably have the same amount of slot count.
PS5 / FS22
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Well bigger slot count or more efficient use.
Either one is fine. Its a curiosity thing for me. We'll get our answer in a month I guess. But really is perfection in the face of impossibility to much to ask? ;)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
mdradek

Post by mdradek »

What about differences between difficulty modes? Let's say I want start from scratch - what prices I get comparing to "Farm manager" mode? I don't want situation from FS 17, where setting hard difficulty was just differences in prices - for me there's no point sowing the same field three times instead one time to get the same amount of money. I'd like to build my farm from zero, but I don't want to stick with one tractor and one plow for like a hundred hours.
W1der

Post by W1der »

mdradek wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:02 pm What about differences between difficulty modes? Let's say I want start from scratch - what prices I get comparing to "Farm manager" mode? I don't want situation from FS 17, where setting hard difficulty was just differences in prices - for me there's no point sowing the same field three times instead one time to get the same amount of money. I'd like to build my farm from zero, but I don't want to stick with one tractor and one plow for like a hundred hours.
BUMP
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

W1der wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm
mdradek wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:02 pm What about differences between difficulty modes? Let's say I want start from scratch - what prices I get comparing to "Farm manager" mode? I don't want situation from FS 17, where setting hard difficulty was just differences in prices - for me there's no point sowing the same field three times instead one time to get the same amount of money. I'd like to build my farm from zero, but I don't want to stick with one tractor and one plow for like a hundred hours.
BUMP
Umm...what do you mean by “BUMP”? Am I missing something or did you mean bummer? I agree with the statement of not wanting to do the same process for a century to be able to upgrade to something that breaks down just a bit less...I don’t know why such a game mode would exist. If there is such a game mode, it would be helpful to know of it so I and others could gauge which game mode would be best for us.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

hey Cowboy....bumping a topic makes it active again and moves it to the top so that people see it and it isn't forgotten...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
W1der

Post by W1der »

I basically agreed with what he said ... (BUMP)

If you want to avoid this ... play on easy (you can still change all the other setting according to your own liking) ... but starting the savegame on "easy" gives you the fastest progress in the game (more money to play with).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mdradek

Post by mdradek »

W1der wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 pm
If you want to avoid this ... play on easy (you can still change all the other setting according to your own liking) ... but starting the savegame on "easy" gives you the fastest progress in the game (more money to play with).
Yes, I been playing like that in 17 - more money for crops, but withering, fertilizing, manual start etc. on... So, I guess "Farm Manager" will be good for me. Ain't got that much time for being real hardcore simulation player:)
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Oh that’s what it means, got it.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
drb

Post by drb »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:39 am I uhh, had no idea it was stuff on the fields, i thought manure was just manure.
Manure is manure, what did you think it was?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Evidently some animals manure isn't good for fields. And i thought any type of manure would work good in the fields.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

when you use manure to fertilize it always brings in strange weeds. excpecially chicken poop. thats my experience in the garden. go big red chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode