[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Peter Griffin

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by Peter Griffin »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:18 pm I mean, think about real life locations. They would never work with "build your own farm" logic.
It would if the map maker would make the farm and give you that block of land to start with. Then you could buy land and build a farm your way elsewhere or stick with the original
XBOX/ FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Robbh6 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:35 pmI don't know. I can see maps being very bland and boring set up with nothing on it. Especially compared with maps like Oakfield Farm and Lone Oak Farm. Considering the incredible amount of detail put into these maps.
I have my reservations, but New Farmer mode will allow you to keep existing farms.

My reservations revolve around how maps will be received by the community. If, for example, BulletBill remakes The West Coast for FS19, how will the community react if they can't remove hedges and various buildings? The clutter around farm yards on European maps (I assume elsewhere too) - will they have to be part of a building, so if a shed is removed the clutter around it is removed too? There's no use removing a shed if there is still a ghostly outline of tyres and old broken down vehicles!

If the system divides users (if maps are voted down because they don't offer as much flexibility or this or that) then I can't see it helping the modding community one bit - if it's done really poorly (and I can't for a minute believe that will be the case) then it could dissuade top-class mappers from releasing maps at all.

Rahkiin put most of my fears to rest when I chatted to him (to the extent I pre-ordered it straight after our chat), but until I see for myself how the system works and how players react it's in my nature to still have some reservations (comes from years of experience of not getting hopes up for all things in life!).

Ultimately I like the feature and if it's done well (and Giants don't tend to do things half-hearted) it should offer a lot of possibilities to both modders and users alike.

The graphics system looks better and better each time I see a screenshot. The new light-sources casting shadows look especially good, and I can't wait to see them come to life in some gameplay footage!
W1der

Post by W1der »

Map makers with a good imagination and high skill level will find ways to work with this ... I am sure!

We will probably see maps designed with "open sandbox" in mind ... but for maps based on realistic locations, most objects will probably not be possible to "sell", which is perfectly fine in that case!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

W1der wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 pm Map makers with a good imagination and high skill level will find ways to work with this ... I am sure!

We will probably see maps designed with "open sandbox" in mind ... but for maps based on realistic locations, most objects will probably not be possible to "sell", which is perfectly fine in that case!
Like I said though, it's not the maps themselves I'm worried about, mappers have many more tools at their disposal by the sounds of things to have even more detail, but the community reaction to them.

Mods below 4 stars are already a contentious issue (I think modders get half the rewards for 3.9* and below as they do for 4.0* or above) and if sudden falls happen like it appeared at times in FS17 (dozens of people voting for mods seconds after they've been released, and trends of down-voting based on what a mod-group or Youtuber says) then it's going to put a lot of mappers off. Many are already unhappy with the current system.
dimmub

Post by dimmub »

This building thing, are they the only things to play the game? Or are there complete playable maps also as in 17?
W1der

Post by W1der »

gav ...

This "issue" is a completely different thing ...

People are voting a mod down based on that it is "irrelevant" for them ... they probably never even used it ... :confusednew:
I do not think GIANTS will ever be able to keep idiots from having access to this game and the community will be "divided" no matter what you throw at them ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

guys....ive analyized bith photos and ive come to the conclusion that is is the same area taken from 2 diffrent angles....took me an hour to figure that out
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

It looks good! Question though, can I preorder it through the GIANTS website yet because if so I can't find it. And if you can does it include the mahindra UTV steam is offering as a DLC?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:18 pm I mean, think about real life locations. They would never work with "build your own farm" logic.
Why wouldn't it.... every farm was built to what the farmer wanted just like this farm a couple of miles up the road from us. everything was built by the farmer that still lives and farms it.. The more equipment he purchased the more shed/barns he built over time...

44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

It sounds so awesome. I have been hoping for this for along time. GIANTS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
Matthaiis91

Post by Matthaiis91 »

This sounds amazing. I cant wait to hear what else is in the game.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 am
Why wouldn't it.... every farm was built to what the farmer wanted just like this farm a couple of miles up the road from us. everything was built by the farmer that still lives and farms it.. The more equipment he purchased the more shed/barns he built over time...

RODHA but there's quite a few farmers who built buildings ect ect on there farms, like lefe1 said every farm was built to what the farmers wanted, I've even seen some demolished and a new building taking its place, so its way more common than you think, idk about where you live RODHA, but around here people customize there farms to what they have dreamed of.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Sounds like a great overhaul of the game, total new approach :)
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

If someone were to make those buildings with operating doors, it'll be awesome!