[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

sarahy

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by sarahy »

This looks awesome! I hope we will be able to make mountain top farms overlooking the land below.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Lol, everything is just on a 20% grade :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

one thing that got to my mind is the Game economy. i guess FS19 is in final stages, thus it would be possible to add some?
my thought and wish, is that the economy prices etc are more real, and changes more realistic, also machine repairs are not on the previous FS real.
i work with farming in Real life, and i often compare things to FS vs Real life, on the JD 6630 is a small part that broke, and it costed about 4000eur to repair.

Also, maps and fields in game are to often too flat and square... Real life not so flat nor square, at least not around where i live.
And get a collection of the Old maps and machines from previous FS series,
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Rick76 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:55 pm one thing that got to my mind is the Game economy. i guess FS19 is in final stages, thus it would be possible to add some?
my thought and wish, is that the economy prices etc are more real, and changes more realistic, also machine repairs are not on the previous FS real.
i work with farming in Real life, and i often compare things to FS vs Real life, on the JD 6630 is a small part that broke, and it costed about 4000eur to repair.

Also, maps and fields in game are to often too flat and square... Real life not so flat nor square, at least not around where i live.
And get a collection of the Old maps and machines from previous FS series,
I agree I'd love the economy to get spruced up but don't have any good ideas on how to do it. A lot people like to hire out most jobs so giants usually puts in helper friendly fields. But your gonna get a lot of mod maps with realistic field shapes so there's nothing to worry about there I don't think. I'm one who appreciates hiring things out as I like to run bigger operations in my games. It sounds like vehicle wear is more of a factor I'm excited about that. Would love to see some breakdowns as machines wear out but not expecting it.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I think it’d be nice to have to reinflate tires and change oil, as part of a maintenance thing. Like if after so many hours, you would have to change the oil. That’d be cool and probably not hard to put in, it’d just be another couple of bars that would take up some space but could take the place of the maintenance bar on the side of the hud.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Hungryfarmer

Post by Hungryfarmer »

So I purchased FS19 and so far it’s a pretty good game. I do have one question. I am able to buy land, however since I am buying land I want to clear the land and expand the usable land, How do you get rid of the shrubbery and the placed items on the property? I’d like to be able to alter my land as I see fit. Any help would be great
Thanks
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

In one of Daggerwins streams he was able to remove shrubs with a plow using the create field option. You could then delete the created field with a roller if you want.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Is this really the process for 19? Plow a new field over a shrub, then delete the field? Please tell me this is just a joke.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's just a joke, happy now? :lol:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am not really sure why you are not able to place objects on some parts of the land.
Do you really need to remove shrubs before placing an object or is it due to the terrain not being flat enough?

Going over the ground with the "roller" just leaves a green patch with no grass growing ... placing an object and removing it leaves the base of the object behind ones removed.

This needs a lot of testing before I get a grip of how it works ... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

W1der wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:03 pm I am not really sure why you are not able to place objects on some parts of the land.
Do you really need to remove shrubs before placing an object or is it due to the terrain not being flat enough?

Going over the ground with the "roller" just leaves a green patch with no grass growing ... placing an object and removing it leaves the base of the object behind ones removed.

Agreed. I did place a horse pasture that looks good but I'm not doing much else atm and when I do it will be with auto save off lol.
thumbwiz wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:46 pm Is this really the process for 19? Plow a new field over a shrub, then delete the field? Please tell me this is just a joke.
Well its not a joke but as of right now that's the only way I've seen to delete a shrub. We couldn't do it at all in 17.
Guil

Post by Guil »

W1der wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:03 pm I am not really sure why you are not able to place objects on some parts of the land.

Thanks, you gave me an idea to do that on a test save as I'm intrigued too.
GSD84

Post by GSD84 »

I see a problem whit this. It makes ginet up hill and dont flat out the ground, but over all it KS godd
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:45 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:15 pm WTF are sand squares??
Well.. squares of.. sand?
What happened to the underground placeables? Sand squares and whatnot.
Is this the landscaping tool?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Yes, there are brushes: square and round.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR