[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

wildberry

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by wildberry »

Berserkir92 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:53 amThat sheep require straw for bedding and you get at least manure for it/ maybe slurry to.
manure and slurry from sheep? :lol: :lol: :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Slurry no but, manure yes. When I was at Agricultral college back in 1989 I did a work placement on a farm with a 500 ewe flock. As they lambed early in February they were brought inside into a large shed. They were bedded down in Straw so come April when they were put back out to grass there was indeed manure that had to be cleared out. Spent a good couple of days mucking out with a JCB loadall and carting it away with a Ford Tw20 and AS Marston 10 tonne trailer.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

According to the USDA, sheep manure contains more nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash than both horse and cow manure. And one of the best things about it? It doesn't stink!
Because sheep make use of ingested sulfur compounds to produce wool, their manure does not have the unpleasant-smelling sulfides found in cow manure.
And unlike cow and chicken manure, sheep manure isn't 'hot,' which means it doesn't need aging,
And sheep manure is one of the best types of fertilizer.
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Yea , I keep my sheep on steel mesh floor frames over the slurry pit . Come spring mix it with a tanker full of water then spread over fields. Unreal grass growth afterwards. I only use barley straw for bedding the lambing pens , wheat straw as feed. Wheat breaks up easier if they pull it in so the mesh doesn't get blocked up
Playing on Ps4
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

I have never seen anyone here in Europe keep sheep indoors. Sheep are out there all day. As such no manure or slurry or whatever. Not impressed with the USDA quotes. :p
MC, aka Master of Cereals
crash

Post by crash »

Come to norway, or Scandinavia for that matter, and you will see sheep indoors. Usally from the time the grass freezes in early november and to the spring, and the lambs have gotten big enogh. They the use the grass Field to the Mountains have enogh grass on them. And 2 1/2 feet of sheep manure smeels baaad :O
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Yea Ireland is the same. When it's too cold or wet round November they go in until lambs are strong enough to survive outside, and know their mothers. Less hassle when they're lambing too
Playing on Ps4
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

having watched the game play vids on youtube from LSinfo.. when placing the barn i see the ground alters slightly but it looks like it isn't a level base. There's a bit of a hump in there. Also, its got a dirt floor. I assume that you can select what material you have as a base?
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Idk about inside a building but I know lis said I think it was on the second or third page of this thread that we’ll be able to place squares of say grass or sand to change the ground textures
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am and cutting down the trees for lumber.
Mr. Tan
Your post says "and cutting down trees for lumber."
Does this mean that we will actually be using the trees to build things?
Thanks.
And when will when we know more about hiring our canine friend?
Again thanks.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yes, i would like to know about the woof woof too.
Mavisacres

Post by Mavisacres »

Land tax a thing?

Also.. maintenance cost on buildings. Repairing your farm house from time to time or upgrading the buildings or placing usable additions is something that could be considered. Ie ... in order to build section c of your barn/house u need section b completed... could also utilize the forestry job as shown in other sneak peaks. Hands on preservation of your farm would be interesting
Mavisacres

Post by Mavisacres »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:22 pm According to the USDA, sheep manure contains more nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash than both horse and cow manure. And one of the best things about it? It doesn't stink!
Because sheep make use of ingested sulfur compounds to produce wool, their manure does not have the unpleasant-smelling sulfides found in cow manure.
And unlike cow and chicken manure, sheep manure isn't 'hot,' which means it doesn't need aging,
And sheep manure is one of the best types of fertilizer.
Excellent point. I use this all the time...
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I uhh, had no idea it was stuff on the fields, i thought manure was just manure.
Mavisacres

Post by Mavisacres »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:45 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:15 pm WTF are sand squares??
Well.. squares of.. sand?