[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

eric21

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by eric21 »

Yes there is more equipment now, but i think they are going to choose which ones to do factsheets to do. I can think of 4 already
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Do we have some sort of "list" as to what were getting?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 am Do we have some sort of "list" as to what were getting?
Not yet. Even in FS17, there was a lot of equipment that really wasn't known until release, or shortly before.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Ahh alright.
kewldude_001

Post by kewldude_001 »

Now they are really reaching for the RPG experience, placing, moving, upgrading all as the player sees fit. We will really see some unique maps and farms that will please every person out there. I can't wait for November now, I'm preordering this weekend and I turned in my Vacation time at work for that week. Excuse for the boss, I'm going too be farming. Should of saw the look I got it was priceless. HAHA So two things to look forward to turkey and farming.
W1der

Post by W1der »

kewldude_001

My dedication is slightly bigger than yours I guess ... as I am currently in the progress of leaving my family and getting a nice 1 room apartment with just enough room for me and my PC, well in time for the release date of FS19 ... :frown: :lol: :blushnew: *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 pm I have specifically waited for the comments to pile up before I write this.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this concept? I mean really dislike it.

I'm of course not against it. At the end of the day almost the entire community seems to be trilled by it. But I just don't like it.

Because I really don't have that much imagination for creating things. I'm much of a preset gamer. Like to play on preset ground with preset rules.

What I wonder is if I'm alone?
Don't be scared, as it said previous in this thread, there are three playing modes, including one of a pre-made farm, just embrace the great things to come!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I am so looking forward to this new life (not a game :mrgreen: )

I have an Xbox, but even now change all my farms as much as I can, the one thing I would like is roads and tracks and hedges etc. so that we can make our new fields even more realistic, I also like the idea that we can grow the farm as we get bigger,

My question is, if we buy a second area of land to extend our farm, would we be able to change the building area to a field, rather than having two farm yards, or even visa versa, to make our existing farmyard area bigger?

Sorry if I missed this in the string, I tried to read it all lol
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Farming Girl wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:57 pm ... My question is, if we buy a second area of land to extend our farm, would we be able to change the building area to a field, rather than having two farm yards, or even visa versa, to make our existing farmyard area bigger? ...
Time to implement "Demolition Company" !
https://www.demolitioncompany-thegame.com/

:biggrin2:
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I think it depends on how the map is set up initially. It is possible for the map maker to make objects sellable/deletable but equally they can fix items on the map so they can't be deleted. It's likely that maps based on real life locations will have the main farm and buildings fixed but again I think it comes down to how the map is set up, time will tell.
Geneborg

Post by Geneborg »

I have to say, this feature gets me more and more interested. Depending on how "open" it really is, on how it interacts with the terrain and how well we can adapt assets and the map to these objects this could be the first step to a fully interactive map.

At some point, we may even change terrain geometry ourselves ingame, so everyone could do it. I hope we get to see this at Gamescom, 3 weeks to go.
LS nur mit Mods
Qualität statt Quantität
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:42 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:26 am I mean whats the point of real farm recreations if we are going to change them?
Because it's a video game and we can (or can't, depending on what we like and how the map creator sets it up). Shoot, right now on Lone Oak Farm which is in Oregon, USA, I'm using a European MAN semi and a Midwest US seasons geo. :shock: If I could change it, I'd take out the cow area completely and just be an arable farmer. I'd move the cows to where the pigs are and get rid of pigs and sheep altogether.

RODHA, you really are overthinking things. It's going to be great. Hop on board the hype train with the rest of us! :lol:
Wouldn't it be great to build a new cow shed on lone oak were its actually easy to get into... that's what FS19 is all about, Yay
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Farming Girl wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:57 pm I am so looking forward to this new life (not a game :mrgreen: )

I have an Xbox, but even now change all my farms as much as I can, the one thing I would like is roads and tracks and hedges etc. so that we can make our new fields even more realistic, I also like the idea that we can grow the farm as we get bigger,

My question is, if we buy a second area of land to extend our farm, would we be able to change the building area to a field, rather than having two farm yards, or even visa versa, to make our existing farmyard area bigger?

Sorry if I missed this in the string, I tried to read it all lol
Glad it's not just me who gets frustrated at the limitations of console- hate seeing those PC players creating their own roads and editing map features !!!

And I won't mention follow me...
FS17 on XBone
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

It seems to me, that there is a faction on here who are not so happy about the changes made to FS19, I guess they would also be the first to complain if FS19 was just FS17 with new buildings and equipment, you might as well just keep FS17 and download some mods.

For me, FS19 is sounding like a massive improvement, I hope there is some more detailed animal husbandry, maybe different breeds, so you can choose which to buy, and maybe try to crossbreed cattle yourself. Maybe an idea for a future upgrade if not in FS19.

I say make it as realistic as possible, change what you want, FS17 is one of the best games I have ever played, so FS19 can only be better!!!

Thank you everyone at Giants for all your hard work!!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Im sure it will take a bit of ajustment for most of us but im looking forward to seeing the new system.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC