[Dev-Blog] New Mission System

GothicKing13

Re: [Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Post by GothicKing13 »

^^^ Best comment ever. I laughed harder than I should have, Taco. But, you said it though. Still a taco. :D
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

This all sounds great! i never bother with missions in previous fs versions as it just seems pointless. The reward isn't there and the whole thing is like playing an arcade game! Really happy its being transformed for fs19!

One thing that I think would be awesome.. not sure if this could be a patch or a mod in the future but it would be good if you could either lease another farmers land and work it yourself or take out a contract which would mean you contract work for that farmer and all his/her fields for a season. If you do a good job, you keep the contract, if you screw up it goes away.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

muzickmage wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm I agree with those who suggest the pricing scheme for the missions need to be adjusted. If I am only going to earn maybe 2500 or so for using my own equipment then i'm thinking I will always lease. Depending on how many vehicles I may need for the mission - that could cost me in vehicle usage/depreciation expense/... plus fuel usage. Just how much of that 2500 will be actual profit? Add to that hired workers expense and well... you do that math lol.

So far i'm thinking.... lease the equipment and just do the work myself.

The hired workers reminds me of that 1 person at each company everyone knows doesn't care about his/her job. Just shows up from one paycheque to another mastering the art of looking busy in between lol. I wish I could fire some of the hired workers promising myself to never hire them again..... ever. But unfortunately we can only click the "H" button and the FS employment office sends over whoever the !@#!@# they want. lol.
Why you would expect a big pay-cheque for bringing your own equipment and just pressing 'H' I don't know. This isn't Farming Management Simulator. The reward is for putting in effort, and naturally you'll get less of a reward (in a round-about kind or way) if you don't put in as much effort.

If you do several missions each in-game day you'll still make a fair bit even using hired-helpers.

Using FS17 as an example, for field 17 on Goldcrest Valley there is a job for cutting corn with the Massey Ferguson 7347 combine and Diamant HS8 header. In FS17 I would get £6,272 plus a time bonus for that mission. If I bring my own (new) MF 7346 and HS8 the hired worker cost just £300 and I only used 21L of fuel getting it there, cutting it and getting it back.

Hired helper costs: £300
Fuel costs: £41
Daily maintenance costs: £896
Reward: £6,272 (I've not included time bonus, as there's no time bonus for missions in FS19)
End result: £5,035 in profit.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 pm
wildberry wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm

What? I thought this was the tacos discussion board!!
Now i know why noone else talks about tacos.
Tacos? Fajitas are much better! Nuff sed :lol:
Fajita=over rated softshell taco with sauce on it instead of in it
That's an enchilada not fajita
XBOX/ FS22
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pmUsing FS17 as an example
it has already been oficially confirmed hiring helpers in fs19 missions is going to be way more expensive than regular hired help on your own land
MC, aka Master of Cereals
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Peter Griffin wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 pm
wildberry wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 am
Tacos? Fajitas are much better! Nuff sed :lol:
Fajita=over rated softshell taco with sauce on it instead of in it
That's an enchilada not fajita
true
a fajita is just a spanish word for soft shell taco

A fajita (/fəˈhiːtə/; Spanish: [faˈxita] (About this sound listen)) in Tex-Mex cuisine is any grilled meat that is served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.

its all tacos!!!
tacos rule!!!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
etmorcom

Post by etmorcom »

Will you be able to play split screen on console that would really improve the game more.
Also will there be trucks that can tow heavier equipment and gooseneck trailers?
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pm
muzickmage wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm I agree with those who suggest the pricing scheme for the missions need to be adjusted. If I am only going to earn maybe 2500 or so for using my own equipment then i'm thinking I will always lease. Depending on how many vehicles I may need for the mission - that could cost me in vehicle usage/depreciation expense/... plus fuel usage. Just how much of that 2500 will be actual profit? Add to that hired workers expense and well... you do that math lol.

So far i'm thinking.... lease the equipment and just do the work myself.

The hired workers reminds me of that 1 person at each company everyone knows doesn't care about his/her job. Just shows up from one paycheque to another mastering the art of looking busy in between lol. I wish I could fire some of the hired workers promising myself to never hire them again..... ever. But unfortunately we can only click the "H" button and the FS employment office sends over whoever the !@#!@# they want. lol.
Why you would expect a big pay-cheque for bringing your own equipment and just pressing 'H' I don't know. This isn't Farming Management Simulator. The reward is for putting in effort, and naturally you'll get less of a reward (in a round-about kind or way) if you don't put in as much effort.

If you do several missions each in-game day you'll still make a fair bit even using hired-helpers.

Using FS17 as an example, for field 17 on Goldcrest Valley there is a job for cutting corn with the Massey Ferguson 7347 combine and Diamant HS8 header. In FS17 I would get £6,272 plus a time bonus for that mission. If I bring my own (new) MF 7346 and HS8 the hired worker cost just £300 and I only used 21L of fuel getting it there, cutting it and getting it back.

Hired helper costs: £300
Fuel costs: £41
Daily maintenance costs: £896
Reward: £6,272 (I've not included time bonus, as there's no time bonus for missions in FS19)
End result: £5,035 in profit.
How the hell did you get 5,035 in profit when it's only 2,717 difference between leasing and not leasing. So i'll get an extra 2,717 for using my own vehicles minus all the cost you just shared = not worth using my own vehicles.

And don't forget. The daily maintenance cost increases as you use vehicles. So how much more will the daily cost be after using my vehicles just to earn an extra 2,717?

I'm not expecting to get rich quick. But I do want it worth dragging 2-4 vehicles up the road for the job.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

muzickmage wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 am How the hell did you get 5,035 in profit when it's only 2,717 difference between leasing and not leasing. So i'll get an extra 2,717 for using my own vehicles minus all the cost you just shared = not worth using my own vehicles.

And don't forget. The daily maintenance cost increases as you use vehicles. So how much more will the daily cost be after using my vehicles just to earn an extra 2,717?

I'm not expecting to get rich quick. But I do want it worth dragging 2-4 vehicles up the road for the job.
Because that was just using FS17 as an example. We don't know how the economy changes in FS19 (the whole think could be completely overhauled for all we know) so it's hard to come up with some concrete numbers and how they impact the rest of the game.

Remember whatever the number is you're just applying it to one mission, which might only take 10-20 minutes. Chances are you'll be mixing it with other missions while you're at it, and the more you do the more you'll earn, obviously.

I did factor in the maintenance cost increase, but removed it from the post as it was already pretty long - it went from £896 to £19xx (can't remember the exact number) for daily maintenance for a machines with 21 hours of use.

Remember why you get the choice though - it's to allow you to simulate contracting work if you wish, both in multiplayer (roleplay perhaps) or single player. If there isn't much money in bringing your own equipment then don't do it. Simple - that's why there's a choice.

I might run some numbers properly when FS19 is released.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Theres a big difference between assuming and the actual results, like gav said, we dont know how the new missions systems will pay out, and especially the economy, from fs15 to 17, it has changed a quite a bit, some crop types might be the same price range, if not a tad higher. But gav made a excellent point.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I'm simply going by the OP posted image. It says (what looks like) 2,717 more for using own vehicles. That's where i'm getting my info (assumption).
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

It was stated earlier that one should not take the amounts shown as "final", they were very much an element that remains WIP.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:38 pm It was stated earlier that one should not take the amounts shown as "final", they were very much an element that remains WIP.
I'm not taking anything as final. I'm just saying the current idea presented isn't something I will be interested in.... and simply stated that those numbers would need to be tweaked to be more worth using own vehicles.

That's what "I" suggested earlier, which is also subject to change later if I see first a change from Giants.

Again, just offering my opinion.
cyberus

Post by cyberus »

This is very excellent news.... was thinking a while ago proposing same ( use of own machines ) in missions and now it’s just added in game. Can’t wait till it’s comes out.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

made the suggestion when missions came out in fs17 that it would be interesting to have the contractor do the hauling and delivery of the grain. I am glad that has now happened. I always play in hard mode and it looks like I will be doing a lot of contracting to get enough money to finally buy a plot of ground to start my farm. fantastic. and hopefully the missions won't pay as much as original fs17. I liked doing the missions in seasons which were a lot less money coming in but when I factored the decrease in cost of the property it made it worth it. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode