[Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Scuba steve

Re: [Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Post by Scuba steve »

Im also hoping for better crop and ground textures as them screen shots do look identical to fs17, I understand the game is still months away from being released but to be honest, I was hoping for more of a dynamic ground, not anything near spintires of course but something more than we have now, it's just too darn plain when driving around, it rains and you drive through a field at top speed ugh, also just if things like physics of the game will be improved, like when I grab a log with a log fork, is it still going to shake and throw my tractor around? Other than that, I'm very excited for fs19
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

This mission system looks pretty damn good, plenty of options & variants.
Will be helpful addition to earn money at start of the game.
More great work, Giants!! :mrgreen:

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:06 pm
Farmer Foley wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 pm Amazing..i just cant wait...all this on console version too.?
Sure. It's the new system so it's like this on all platforms.
Tell you and your team thanks for the DevBlogs.
Transporting missions are back!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Wonder if you chose to use your own equipment will you have to drive it piece by piece across the map or will it be magically transported there...or maybe a console friendly follow me??
Think about doing a silage wrapping mission how much stuff youd need for that.It would take 45 minutes getting it all there.

And what about saving during missions?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
elevenfourteen

Post by elevenfourteen »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:40 pm Wonder if you chose to use your own equipment will you have to drive it piece by piece across the map or will it be magically transported there...or maybe a console friendly follow me??
Think about doing a silage wrapping mission how much stuff youd need for that.It would take 45 minutes getting it all there.

And what about saving during missions?

Somewhere was stated, that saving is possible iirc. I am very sure, you have to move your stuff by yourself. There is no time limit during a mission anymore. So you have all the time you need.
David1991

Post by David1991 »

On aura les gyrophares réaliste sur console aussi ?
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

David1991 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pm On aura les gyrophares réaliste sur console aussi ?
I thought the consoles could not handle realistic beacons?
MC, aka Master of Cereals
xDrBRUCEBANNERx

Post by xDrBRUCEBANNERx »

So excited for FS19. Looking at becoming a streamer for the game and can’t wait to see what the community does for the game.
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

Scuba steve wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:02 pm Im also hoping for better crop and ground textures as them screen shots do look identical to fs17, I understand the game is still months away from being released but to be honest, I was hoping for more of a dynamic ground, not anything near spintires of course but something more than we have now, it's just too darn plain when driving around, it rains and you drive through a field at top speed ugh, also just if things like physics of the game will be improved, like when I grab a log with a log fork, is it still going to shake and throw my tractor around? Other than that, I'm very excited for fs19
They have already said months ago that there is no dynamic terrain. Spintires is based only on that feature and also made bad. I have not seen a videogame of high level in these years with dynamic terrain. Even the triple A videogames have as their weak point the texture of the ground and its static nature. We are asking the team to do something impossible according to me......... this:

wildberry wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:29 pm
David1991 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pm On aura les gyrophares réaliste sur console aussi ?
On the console there are games with lots of light effects, even more complex, is the graphics engine that is old and heavy.
W1der

Post by W1der »

If you think hauling equipment across the map is a drag ... maybe using your own equipment wont be your first choice ...

Personally ... I like this ... especially for MP.
Hopefully the owner/moderator is the only one that can initiate a mission.

Follow up question ... can you do multiple missions at the same time?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Mirk93 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 pm
wildberry wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:29 pm
David1991 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pmOn aura les gyrophares réaliste sur console aussi ?
On the console there are games with lots of light effects, even more complex, is the graphics engine that is old and heavy.
ah, thanks for claring that up *thumbsup*
W1der wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:13 pmIf you think hauling equipment across the map is a drag ... maybe using your own equipment wont be your first choice ..
I'm all for having to pickup leased equipment at the dealership :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

including using the new sprayer tool on more developed weeds.
Anyone else notice this little tidbit? Very excited to see what other developments they have awaiting us! Fingers crossed for some improvements to logging too!
bossev

Post by bossev »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm
RambosNachbar wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:14 pm the menu bar looks like one can click on certain symbols. that would be a huge improvement to not have to cicle through everything
You can, indeed.

Well, probably not on the consoles, but still, the new interface looks awesome!
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

The Sim Station wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:32 pm Are those prices listed on easy? Do they scale with difficulty? What would the comparative price be when playing on hard?
I’m with Sim on this one, again looks amazing and good work Giants. But . .

Shouldent the price paid to the contractor be a percentage of the selling price of the crop? Or a set hourly rate etc.
Maybe even when you deliver the crop you can choose the sell point and get a percentage of the sale price?

By all means have some super highly paid contractor in easy mode but if we gat paid more to harvest someone else’s field why would we grow our own crops?

And yes I know this is a pre release screen shot and things can still change & that this is a game so needs to be fun. But the mission rewards have always seemed a bit high to me.

Fantastic news that these work in multiplayer and that the farm doesn’t stop while you are doing them.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
FernandoGeus

Post by FernandoGeus »

Guys, have you noticed the repair marker in the opposite side of fuel gauge in the screenshot? The one with the John Deere tractor and the ideal combine... that’s hot be interesting