[Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

[Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Post by Lisertan »

Welcome to our second devblog for Farming Simulator 19, due later this year. In this devblog we’ll be talking about the tweaks we’ve made to the missions system to help get you playing the way you want, faster.

First of all you no longer need to travel across the map to interact with mission givers. A new contracts menu lists every mission that’s currently available, detailing how much money you will get for completing it, as well as what you’ll be expected to do. This means less time spent going between missions, and more doing what you want to do - farming! There are also no longer time limits on missions and you can save while a mission is in progress, so you can work at your own pace.

We’ve also given you the option to complete missions without leasing the equipment. This has two benefits - first, you’ll get more money from the mission, as you won’t have to pay the lease. Second, it allows you to use your own equipment for missions, meaning as you build up a speciality and a garage you can take on more missions and make more money to expand your farm. Leasing is still available for the early game and those that might want to try out new vehicles before buying them.

We’ve also added a new mission type, hay and silage baling. This will involve every step of the process, from cutting the grass to turning it into bales and finally delivering it. Weeding missions are now their own category, rather than purely a part of the fertilization process, including using the new sprayer tool on more developed weeds.

Transport missions are also returning from Farming Simulator 15, asking you to deliver goods from one place to another throughout the map. Take a serene drive through the new landscapes of our upgraded game engine and make some money while you’re at it.

Finally, missions are being added to multiplayer, letting you complete them cooperatively. This gives you more things to do with other players than ever before, and ties into our larger improvements for multiplayer in Farming Simulator 19.

We hope you enjoy missions in Farming Simulator 19, either alone or with friends, when it releases later this year.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Farmer Foley

Re: [Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Post by Farmer Foley »

Amazing..i just cant wait...all this on console version too.?
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Farmer Foley wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 pm Amazing..i just cant wait...all this on console version too.?
Sure. It's the new system so it's like this on all platforms.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

thought so ..just checking..for those that might ask..
You keep a Troshin :hi:
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

UI looks better :shock:
Still currious to see if its still locked to 60 fps
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Sounds good guys!

Might I just do contractor work instead of operating an actual farm!? Wow!
MC, aka Master of Cereals
RambosNachbar

Post by RambosNachbar »

the menu bar looks like one can click on certain symbols. that would be a huge improvement to not have to cicle through everything
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

Will the mini-map be updated everytime we add something (like a barn or a silo)? For it to show on the top down view?
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RambosNachbar wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:14 pm the menu bar looks like one can click on certain symbols. that would be a huge improvement to not have to cicle through everything
You can, indeed.
Community Manager

RambosNachbar

Post by RambosNachbar »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm
You can, indeed.
I love you guys even more!
rptr777

Post by rptr777 »

Oh WOW! LOVE the new mission system! Really looking forward to it even more now!
jackcollins

Post by jackcollins »

hey Lisertan is crops still measured in litres? or is it bushes now as we saw it stated in the elmers grain cart it said " The 1300, 1600 and 2000 bushel models"?
crash

Post by crash »

A rounded field :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Interface looks good :hi:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
The Sim Station

Post by The Sim Station »

Are those prices listed on easy? Do they scale with difficulty? What would the comparative price be when playing on hard?

Also, why wouldn't the scale be shifted heavily the other way in terms of savings for using your own equipment? It feels like only losing a few thousand bucks for being able to harvest a big field like that with the biggest combine in the game isn't really a choice at all. Also unless the lifetime of vehicles changed for FS19 from FS17, with the rate vehicles depreciate in the base game, including fuel costs, I am betting you will lose a lot more than $2,217.

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm not trying to be overly critical. Myself (along with many others) have discovered we love playing the game competitive-cooperatively using MP-Manager mod on hard. With the new multiplayer options in FS19, playing on hard mode it seems like we could have a similar game without mods (aside from lack of seasons and MR), but these missions could be game breaking if the prices were too high. I do not wish to simply turn them off though, however, because it would add a lot of life to multiplayer and open up more options for contractors (who cannot normally make a living on our servers due to lack of work) with more options for jobs. I'm just wondering how it will work out in FS19 and thus my questions.
Last edited by The Sim Station on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W1der

Post by W1der »

New favorite word ... "cooperatively" ... :mrgreen:

And "transparency" is well noted! *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5