[FS19]Fact Sheet Friday

Guil

Re: [FS19]Fact Sheet Friday

Post by Guil »

Sandhill wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:07 pm Sure, but "too far into the development cycle " implies that it could not be done, when really, for whatever (probably legitimate) reason, Giants chose not to add it. But obviously they could have. Would it have delayed release? Hampered development of the horse? But it was a decision that Giants made. :biggrin2:
Think what you like but you are wrong, the game has changed far too much to just lob seasons at it. The two are incompatible as it stands.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just want to point out that complicated and complex is not the same thing ... :this:

Enough about this ... we will see what happens (as per usual) ... :smileynew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Due to work (truck driving) been away from here for a bit. But for the week before last's fact sheets ... LOVING that we're getting the new Manitou forklift in the game in addition to the current design. The one they are bringing to us is perfect for keeping at the shop and loading pallets onto trucks and moving stuff around right after purchase.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Case1370 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 pm
drb wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 am
Case1370 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:34 am
and how Giants added it to there base game that surely FS19 would be even more realistic and they would build on it.
You realize Seasons isn't included in FS17, right? It's never been part of the base game.

Yeah, I knew that. I just thought since Giants took the Season mod script and added it into the base game maps, and for those on the consoles, that when FS19 would come out, we would have a much more realistic and improved farm simulator right out of the box on the base game. Because Giants didnt have to go to all that work to add the script to the console game. I thought by them doing that, and how well liked the Season mod was by so many, that 19 would not only have seasons incorporated into 19, but also be improved upon, like for instance, having the weather effect crop yields, like us farmers IRL go thru.
I like how they have added weeds, and how they have set up buying tracts of land instead of individual fields. Plus the addition to what is farmers call it IRL Custom Farming, instead of this timed mission stuff, like they had in 17.

So I dont want people to get the wrong idead that Im bashing Giants in anyway, as I do like the improvements that I have heard about, Im just disappointed they didnt make Seasons a part of the game, after them actually going the extra length to add the seasons mod to not just the consoles, but making the base game maps compatible on both the PC and console base game.

Maybe they just ran out of time, and there will be a update by them, with the additional seasons mod, as a free DLC, or I would hope it would be free, instead of trying to stiff people out of more money, for something that really should be part of the game already,lol.

I do know, in time, even if Giants dont do it, there will likely be a modder that adds seasons to the game. Maybe the rest of the guys at Realismus modding will convert it over the 19 in time.

I hope 1 way or another there are improvements in way of modding scripts, to add realism to FS, because I really do like what I have heard with what the devs did add, to 19. So I will wait and see, no reason to spend money on 19 when it will be less realistic out of the box than FS17 currently is with seasons mod.

I know this is a different subject and I dont want to get this thread off track, but I noticed some other farming simulators out on both the PC and console. I think 1 was called PF, and the other pure farming maybe. Does anyone know how realistic either of those games are, and are they geared more to how us real farmers actually go thru, rather than a sandbox style game like Farm Simulator's base game has been thru the yrs?
I remember a few yrs ago there was some other farming game, but it was junk and full of bugs, and didnt come close to Giants game, so just wondering if any of these other ones happen to be good. That is the 1 thing I have always liked about Giants, with FS, there base game thru the yrs hasnt been very good on realism, but the game itself is done well, and isnt full of glitches and game breaking issues. They tend to improve each game they put out, and while they dont make great leaps in improvements, I will take that over trying to add to much, and the game be a broken mess, like you see in some game companies. So I respect Giants for that reason, and why I try to support there game.
It was RM who did the work to make Seasons play on consoles. The Giants guys gave support in terms of technical info and other resources.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

BigC92 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:49 am Seasons isnt difficult to understand, its just when it comes to winter time, theres nothing to do, it would be cool if the added missions for winter, plowing snow, maybe cut wood for someone, get a pickup truck with a trailer, go and cut down trees, and cut them up, load them up, and take it to its destination.
You can do all of that in the winter. Why do you need specific missions to do it?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Make some money.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

theSeb wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 pm
Case1370 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 pm
drb wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 am

You realize Seasons isn't included in FS17, right? It's never been part of the base game.

Yeah, I knew that. I just thought since Giants took the Season mod script and added it into the base game maps, and for those on the consoles, that when FS19 would come out, we would have a much more realistic and improved farm simulator right out of the box on the base game. Because Giants didnt have to go to all that work to add the script to the console game. I thought by them doing that, and how well liked the Season mod was by so many, that 19 would not only have seasons incorporated into 19, but also be improved upon, like for instance, having the weather effect crop yields, like us farmers IRL go thru.
I like how they have added weeds, and how they have set up buying tracts of land instead of individual fields. Plus the addition to what is farmers call it IRL Custom Farming, instead of this timed mission stuff, like they had in 17.

So I dont want people to get the wrong idead that Im bashing Giants in anyway, as I do like the improvements that I have heard about, Im just disappointed they didnt make Seasons a part of the game, after them actually going the extra length to add the seasons mod to not just the consoles, but making the base game maps compatible on both the PC and console base game.

Maybe they just ran out of time, and there will be a update by them, with the additional seasons mod, as a free DLC, or I would hope it would be free, instead of trying to stiff people out of more money, for something that really should be part of the game already,lol.

I do know, in time, even if Giants dont do it, there will likely be a modder that adds seasons to the game. Maybe the rest of the guys at Realismus modding will convert it over the 19 in time.

I hope 1 way or another there are improvements in way of modding scripts, to add realism to FS, because I really do like what I have heard with what the devs did add, to 19. So I will wait and see, no reason to spend money on 19 when it will be less realistic out of the box than FS17 currently is with seasons mod.

I know this is a different subject and I dont want to get this thread off track, but I noticed some other farming simulators out on both the PC and console. I think 1 was called PF, and the other pure farming maybe. Does anyone know how realistic either of those games are, and are they geared more to how us real farmers actually go thru, rather than a sandbox style game like Farm Simulator's base game has been thru the yrs?
I remember a few yrs ago there was some other farming game, but it was junk and full of bugs, and didnt come close to Giants game, so just wondering if any of these other ones happen to be good. That is the 1 thing I have always liked about Giants, with FS, there base game thru the yrs hasnt been very good on realism, but the game itself is done well, and isnt full of glitches and game breaking issues. They tend to improve each game they put out, and while they dont make great leaps in improvements, I will take that over trying to add to much, and the game be a broken mess, like you see in some game companies. So I respect Giants for that reason, and why I try to support there game.
It was RM who did the work to make Seasons play on consoles. The Giants guys gave support in terms of technical info and other resources.

Thanks Seb for explanation. Are you guys, planning on adding it and building upon it with FS19? While I like the improvements Giants has made for FS19, and I have no doubt it will be a great game, but after finding out they have not added seasons to FS, in some form or another, Im happy to stick with FS17 for now anyway.
I just feel, Giants has been making this game for several yrs, now that it would be farther along in actually being more of a simulation of what us farmers do, and go thru, instead of still being more of a sandbox playground style game. Especially with what you guys did by building that Seasons mod, and how well liked it was by many who play FS, that they would have atleast added in some form of there version of seasons to the game, so there was some type of challenge, rather than just being able able to have a continous flow to planting and harvesting being able to be done every few in game days, with no winter at all and no snow.

I know it probably sounds like I am trashing the developers of FS, and I hope they or no one takes it that way, as thats not my intention at all. I was really excited, when info started coming out about FS19, and how weeds have been incorporated, and the ability to have to spread lime on your fields every few yrs, like we do IRL. I was thrilled when I heard, they were doing away with those times field missions, and making it more like what us farmers IRL also do custom farming for some land owners. I had been calling for that, since I started playing FS several yrs back. Then the addition to buying tracts of land, and also having more ability to create your own farm, than always starting with a preconfigured farm. Those are both nice additions.
So when I found out, that while they added these features which does improve the realistic aspect, it was disappointing to hear, it was still more of a sandbox format, than a Farming simulator.
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

When you go to the games page on the farming simulator website, the NH vehicle page has no coming soon tab? As FS 17 had the NH 8340, I would of expected it to be converted. A very small hope of mine is that Ford may become a brand in FS 19? it is highly unlikely, but how amazing would that be if we got the Ford 8340 and a TW 35 IN 19!!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There is a "coming soon" for NH and it's a harvester
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

eric21 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:24 pm There is a "coming soon" for NH and it's a harvester
I saw that but I'm meaning in the vehicle category
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

regardless if seasons is in or out, I will play it as published. and I will anticipate mods that improve the game. with fs17 I did not play without seasons after it came out. l loved playing with it but that will not stop my excitement starting from scratch and having to do missions to get enough money to buy a plot of land and do more missions to buy a tractor and tipper and do more missions to get a silo for the crops. I will probably start a dozen games until I have thee right technique to geet started the way I like. (hmmm. might have to get a new laptop that doesn't double the e key) chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
jason81

Post by jason81 »

I'm going to be really disappointed if the Case Magnum isn't in the game. It could be a deal breaker if guy it or not.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 pm regardless if seasons is in or out, I will play it as published. and I will anticipate mods that improve the game. with fs17 I did not play without seasons after it came out. l loved playing with it but that will not stop my excitement starting from scratch and having to do missions to get enough money to buy a plot of land and do more missions to buy a tractor and tipper and do more missions to get a silo for the crops. I will probably start a dozen games until I have thee right technique to geet started the way I like. (hmmm. might have to get a new laptop that doesn't double the e key) chas
With new games you have to get the feel of the game. I'd do the same thing.
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

BigC92 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:43 am
chaskuchar1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 pm regardless if seasons is in or out, I will play it as published. and I will anticipate mods that improve the game. with fs17 I did not play without seasons after it came out. l loved playing with it but that will not stop my excitement starting from scratch and having to do missions to get enough money to buy a plot of land and do more missions to buy a tractor and tipper and do more missions to get a silo for the crops. I will probably start a dozen games until I have thee right technique to geet started the way I like. (hmmm. might have to get a new laptop that doesn't double the e key) chas
With new games you have to get the feel of the game. I'd do the same thing.
You guys make me feel better knowing I'm not only one that will start over a couple times to get my farm going just to way I want it, especially on hard. Otherwise you can go broke in a hurry and never recover. Playing Woodshire took forever to get it right and expand my farm... Or maybe I'm the only one that's slow. Lol
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Excited to hear the news about the jd s-790 combine. Will the last fact sheets/equipment list be tomorrow or next friday?