[Video] Komatsu is now part of FS19

crash

Re: [Video] Komatsu is now part of FS19

Post by crash »

eric21 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:12 pm Komastu dont make those as you requested. I reockon you will stillbiy fs19 regardless
They make both feller Bunchers and exevator type fellers, but they are yellow.. :) I hope we get the hydralic stakes on the forwarders, so you can coose to have a low and wide load:)

https://www.komatsuforest.com/products/ ... r-bunchers
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Some great news. I do hope they implement real world controles for the cranes this time. Using the ponesse forwarder in FS17 on console is painful. The functions are all over the place and could easily be set up properly on a console controler like BSM did with their awesome excavator.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
drb

Post by drb »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:26 am
drb wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 am Komatsu also makes wheel loaders and excavators, right? Their line of tracked forestry excavators/grapple handlers would make for some very useful equipment.
They do but the license is for forestry division only. The rest of there forestry line should be pretty tempting for modders. They make alot of good equipment.
What's your source of that information? I see "Komatsu is now part of FS19" not "Komatsu Forest is now part of FS19." We've only seen forestry products, but unless I'm missing something there has been no announcement of restrictions to that license as far as I know.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Because the tree harverster and forwarder are part of the forestry divsion. Having said that who knows
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

drb wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am What's your source of that information? I see "Komatsu is now part of FS19" not "Komatsu Forest is now part of FS19." We've only seen forestry products, but unless I'm missing something there has been no announcement of restrictions to that license as far as I know.
We’re very proud to announce today that Komatsu Forest, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of forest machines, will be in Farming Simulator 19.
Souce: GIANTS Twitter

The same goes for all their posts on social media. It doesn't say that any of the non-forestry divisions won't be in FS19 of course, but they could have easily skipped the Forestry moniker if there was to be wheel loaders and things. While Komatsu fully own Komatsu Forest, it appears to be essentially a different company.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I really hope that GIANTS include the feature for "manual cutting" the log (not the automatic cut that we have today) ...
There is a popular mod for this.
Having this gives the operator better control over where and how the log will be "dropped". This way the operator of the tree harvester can make better "stacks" to make the job easier for the operator of the forwarder to pick them up.

To top it of, the possibility to feed the log back and forwards in the head before making the cut.
Some of us wants to cut a tall tree in to different lengths, the first parts of the tree could be 8 or 6m for selling as is, and the rest of the tree could be cut in shorter lengths for scrap wood (chipping).
Combined with the manual cutting you could feed 8m and realize that the stem has gotten to narrow for selling, feed it in reverse and make the cut at 6 or 4m instead.

I do not want to get my hopes up to high regarding this ... but it would be amazing to have!

Komatsu Forest is actually one of my customers and I am really happy to see this in the game ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I love that the forestry sector is seeing some expansion. Hopefully more to come (because we already have a tree harvester and forwarder :P)!
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Looks awesome. If the games forestry related physics have been improved so that machines don't get flung into the air and logs don't go nuts and fly out of the grabs then I will definitely be playing a forestry save game!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

JCByellowguy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am Using the ponesse forwarder in FS17 on console is painful. The functions are all over the place and could easily be set up properly on a console controler like BSM did with their awesome excavator.
TBH I didnt like the excavator controls, I'm too used to the normal controls which i think are fine
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

redglasses wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 pm
JCByellowguy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am Using the ponesse forwarder in FS17 on console is painful. The functions are all over the place and could easily be set up properly on a console controler like BSM did with their awesome excavator.
TBH I didnt like the excavator controls, I'm too used to the normal controls which i think are fine
+1
Absolutely *thumbsup* For me, Ponsse controls are just easier to use and the machine behaves quite meek.
PS5 / FS22
W1der

Post by W1der »

If you are used with controls setup in a specific way and have been using it over en extensive period of time it is really hard to learn a new way.
It could take you 50-100 hours to reprogram your brain for the new setup ... and even after +500 hours the way you where used to have it still "kicks in" now and then ... :lol:

Personally I like to challenge my brain and I change my bindings around a bit ... but mainly to find the most intuitive/practical setup.

A while back I rented a small excavator to do some work in the garden.
Reading up on the controls for it I realized that it was quite different from how I had it setup in the game.
Due to this I changed the bindings to mimic the ones on the excavator to get some practice before I got my hands on the real thig and it was areal pain. However ... ones I got the hang of "the new way" it was a lot more intuitive and I really improved my "handling skills"!

I am not sure how the controls for a real life excavator versus a tree harvester compares though ... !? :hmm:

On PC this is "easy" to configure according to your own liking and I am happy that even if GIANTS is going for something they call "easier controls" for this type of machines I noticed that there is a setting for those who like the more complex version ... *thumbsup*

On console I guess the setup for "looking around" would have to be changed to be able to mimic the real life controls ?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

The way BSM set up the controler excavator functions is just like the real life ISO controle pattern on a real machine. In a real excavator you have a joystick in each hand with two primary functions per joystick and any secondary functions on buttons or triggers on those same joysticks. The controler has two joysticks, one for each thumb. Real world controles can be just about 100% mimiced on the console controler. The cranes on real life log trucks and forwarders use joysticks as well and are almost identical to an excavator. Its just one of those things if youve never operated a machine you dont know what your missing, but when you have its just painful to use the game controles and nothing matches.
I still love the game and enjoy operating the machines in a consequence free enviornment, just wishing for real world controles.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
crash

Post by crash »

Newer struggeled with the forwarder controls on a dualshock, but i tend to make it easy for myself, plant trees in a line and having the harvester 90 degrees to the tree rows, i can drive back and forth. and just using 1-2 functions to fell a tree, dragging the tree away from the standing trees making one bunk from one three, since there is just one quality of logs this dosent matter. Pick them up with a big tractor and put the logs on the hooklift forestry skip..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway