[Video] New „Harvesting Crops“ trailer takes you out on the fields

High Cotton

Re: [Video] New „Harvesting Crops“ trailer takes you out on the fields

Post by High Cotton »

Beastbubba wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:36 am Really hope a round cotton baler is in the base game, maybe even the jd one #fingers crossed.

I diden't realise that case made 1/2 sized box moduels untill this video came out... and apperantly there is an auger wagon that makes them too now... from what i gathered, the round bales cost alot more to make due to the wrapping, and the old school and these new 1/2 sized moduels don't get any wrapping nor twine, so it saves on cost. But cotton falls off them everytime they move...
Deere is the only company making the round modules. The Deere pickers are by far a more user friendly design and in the grand scheme of things cheaper to operate due to their efficiency. With the Deere pickers you never have to stop picking. You roll the built module on the back and carry it to a turn row or let off where ever. It can be moved with a tractor to a staging area near the road. This is especially important on muddy years, where there are creek crossings, or just terrible field roads in general. You don't have to worry about getting a truck way back off the road and back out again once loaded. With Module Express you have to unload the module where the truck can pick it up. A lot of time is wasted driving the picker back and forth instead of picking. With the rectangle modules you still have to tarp so it equals out close to the plastic material the Deere pickers use. The tarps are reusable but you have to put them on manually. 5 mins instead of the 30 secs it takes to spray paint a number and move on to the next one. Time is money especially at harvest time. The rectangle modules aren't moved much. Usually 3 times at most. Picked up in the field, unloaded in a staging area at the gin, then loaded into the gin it self. There usually isn't much left behind as you would think. Its not like a pile of hay with no strings.

@BigC92 I got tired of typing. This should answer your questions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_module_builder
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:19 pm
RODHA wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:27 pm This video has also been released on Playstation's official youtube channel.
So, I wonder if the pre-order will be online soon?
why is everybody so hyped with DIGITAL pre-orders???
Pre-order it the 19th and you are still the first to play.
It's not like it's going out of stock or something....

(lol, just seeing somebody else thought the same thing in another topic I hadn't seen yet)
Pls see this :biggrin2:

viewtopic.php?f=876&t=123774&start=1395#p1015387
PS5 / FS22
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

So the new Challenger is in(with the 1000 series fendt bonnet). Imagine if the Fendt 1000 wont be in the game..
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

@High Cotton

Yea, I'm not a farmer, but it does interest me and I watch alot of youtube videos and look at farms while driving down the road.

When I say the modules leave cotton behind, its because you can see lil piles of it everywhere they were, not alot, but with the bales after they are moved you caint tell they were even there... I doubt its enough loss to even care about, but its still loss. And the bales seem much easier to deal with.
PC gamer.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I wonder if we will get a 7760 for cotton...or 9920.. I think we will get some kind of pull type cotton pickers in base game
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Hopefully that case looks expensive. Will take a long time to get there starting with nothing.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
garyst

Post by garyst »

lefe1 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:26 pm I wonder if we will get a 7760 for cotton...or 9920.. I think we will get some kind of pull type cotton pickers in base game
They would probably put the cp690 instead of the 7760 as its the newest model John deere picker. I'm hoping for an older basket type picker from maybe the 90's or early 2000's with module builder and boll buggy to start off doing cotton with since these newer self module building pickers are extremely pricey.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

garyst wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 pm
lefe1 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:26 pm I wonder if we will get a 7760 for cotton...or 9920.. I think we will get some kind of pull type cotton pickers in base game
They would probably put the cp690 instead of the 7760 as its the newest model John deere picker. I'm hoping for an older basket type picker from maybe the 90's or early 2000's with module builder and boll buggy to start off doing cotton with since these newer self module building pickers are extremely pricey.
After buying the harvester, boll buggy, and module builder.... it wont be cheaper...
PC gamer.
garyst

Post by garyst »

^^actually its still alot cheaper. A 2018 jd cp690 module picker runs close to $700,000 used. You can get a nice 6 row late model jd 9996 basket picker, kbh module builder, and kbh boll buggy for somewhere around $250,000. The case ih 635 module pickers run about $500,000 for a 2017 model. check out tractorhouse.com to see the prices.
gigilal

Post by gigilal »

Please get FENDT 900 Favorit Vario into the game :)
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Cool video GIANTS! Can't wait!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Looks awesome!!! I do have a couple of questions as I like farming root crops but found previous FS games to be focused on cereals. The root crops seem like a quick bolt on to the rest of the game.

Has anything changed with the potatoes since fs17?
It seams like the texture of the seed bed is much much better but, does the texture now follow the direction of the planter? Also, is it the same as in previous FS games where the potatoes are planted and harvested in the same way as all the other crops, as in real life there are many more processes than just plough, cultivate and seed. Are we getting seed bed ridgers, shakerators, bed tillers, de-stoners? Also, are we getting the option to bag and palletise the spuds from the grader and sell for more money than a loose bulker load?
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:04 pm Looks awesome!!! I do have a couple of questions as I like farming root crops but found previous FS games to be focused on cereals. The root crops seem like a quick bolt on to the rest of the game.

Has anything changed with the potatoes since fs17?
It seams like the texture of the seed bed is much much better but, does the texture now follow the direction of the planter? Also, is it the same as in previous FS games where the potatoes are planted and harvested in the same way as all the other crops, as in real life there are many more processes than just plough, cultivate and seed. Are we getting seed bed ridgers, shakerators, bed tillers, de-stoners? Also, are we getting the option to bag and palletise the spuds from the grader and sell for more money than a loose bulker load?
About the texture it should follow the planter unless you are stuck on low settings on pc like me. Then all your textures go north to south no matter what.
The pallet maker is in the base game the machine is under belt systems. If you're on pc there was a mod just released to double sell price for palleted root crops.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I was on high settings and it went north, south, east and west but when doing headlands it wont follow the planter around non straight edges like the plough , cultivators and seed drills do.

Yeah I was boxing the spuds but GPU ran out of puff after storing 100 or so boxes in a shed. would love the bagging and premium price mod. I'll check that out.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:47 pm I was on high settings and it went north, south, east and west but when doing headlands it wont follow the planter around non straight edges like the plough , cultivators and seed drills do.

Yeah I was boxing the spuds but GPU ran out of puff after storing 100 or so boxes in a shed. would love the bagging and premium price mod. I'll check that out.
The price mod is on the modhub
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
I have it installed but haven't tried it my taters have a few more days.