[Dev Blog] New Crops & Weed Control

RODHA

Re: [Dev Blog] New Crops & Weed Control

Post by RODHA »

Wow. This devblog was the best in all the official info and fact sheets.
Thanks Lisertan for the detailed info and thanks everybody for the spot on questions :hi:
PS5 / FS22
TioTincho

Post by TioTincho »

What happens when you apply herbicide before planting, like we do here in argentina in real life to prevent the growing of weeds. Will that affect on something?
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

TioTincho wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:06 pm What happens when you apply herbicide before planting, like we do here in argentina in real life to prevent the growing of weeds. Will that affect on something?
Lis said earlier in the thread that to keep it simple for non-experts, you can only kill weeds once you can see them. No pre-application.

Excellent dev blog, it's awesome to learn more about the weed system and also to see that you can empty the sprayer and then fill it with the other product (herbicide/fert).

I'm really curious about the grass/hay/forage (mixed)/forage/silage icons...I know grass, hay, and silage from FS17. Forage (mixed) I assume is the TMR that you feed to cows. But what's just "forage"?
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
blissful-badger

Post by blissful-badger »

Hi, First off thanks for all the great friday fact sheets as always, I really cant wait for FS19 to be released.

My question is regarding horses. Will we have proper stable blocks, horse tack that we can put on our selves and also head collars and lead ropes for fetching and taking horses to fields / stable. I know this might seem a really odd question but being a huge IRL horse person (yes i am a crazy horse lady hahaha) I feel these kinds of things would make it even better of a in game conection for people when interacting with the horses.

Cheers :)
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

AWESOME! DevBlog, Giants. Getting more and more exciting.
blissful-badger

Post by blissful-badger »

ReubyJuice wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:08 pm
TioTincho wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:06 pm What happens when you apply herbicide before planting, like we do here in argentina in real life to prevent the growing of weeds. Will that affect on something?
Lis said earlier in the thread that to keep it simple for non-experts, you can only kill weeds once you can see them. No pre-application.

Excellent dev blog, it's awesome to learn more about the weed system and also to see that you can empty the sprayer and then fill it with the other product (herbicide/fert).

I'm really curious about the grass/hay/forage (mixed)/forage/silage icons...I know grass, hay, and silage from FS17. Forage (mixed) I assume is the TMR that you feed to cows. But what's just "forage"?

May be the forage on its own might be for horse feed as they feed on more than oats ... just an idea but cant think of any other reason for this. :)
crash

Post by crash »

adding more functions, Equals more stuff to do. Thats always great:) That makes mid summer and Winter more playable :)

Is there a diffrence between oat Straw and wheat Straw in game?
Last edited by crash on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

ReubyJuice wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:08 pm

To explain it simple:

Forage (mixed) is when you f'ed up the mixing
Forage is when you got it right.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

Brilliant dev blog Giants!! Looking forward to selling milk manually and the ability to empty sprayers will be another great feature. The only other thing I'm hoping for fs19 is to be able to use the hazard warning lights on consoles. I can't wait for November!!
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
garyst

Post by garyst »

One more quick question will we be able to put a cover/tarp over the cotton modules to keep them from getting wet when it rains?
PeterJJ

Post by PeterJJ »

For me at least it seems like Giants are bringing to the 19 a lot of features that I've missed in the 17. Up to a point where I'm not really all that bothered about the 3D ground :) Never thought I'll say that :)
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

thank you very much liss for this information blog, it will undoubtedly be a great game full of surprises and even more complete, I am happy to know of new systems such as milk the herbicide and many other new changes, as far as liss to the system of killing boils would be good to see implemented more realism in different ways is not if I explain to include more realism in the three different difficulties that open in the game and be more difficult and more difficult in the easiest way to put everything for people who are new in this simulator good in if I like the new change. the systems as you see more ahead can add more realism to this little by little I see that they already grab it, for example the trailers would be good that the product either fertilizer, seeds or granulated products went to the ground if in the case the trailer overturned on the road or not if you accidentally remove it and put this, also something I expected was the farmers working their land as the neighbor harvesting or preparing their land hahaha is only a vision to the future hahaha 😂 I love all this that is biene ,,, excellent work to all the guys of giants for their good work, I hope to see soon something about the mods
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
peda2411

Post by peda2411 »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 pm
glendalf wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:29 pm It says the sprayer can be used for herbicide and for fertilizer. Does this mean we can empty whats left in the tank back into storage or does it just disappear and we lose whatever was in the tank?
You can empty it and store what was left, yes :)
So is it possible to keep the fertilizer or herbicide tanks from the store when they are empty or did it only work with tanks with free space in it?
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

peda2411 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:35 pm
Lisertan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 pm
glendalf wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:29 pm It says the sprayer can be used for herbicide and for fertilizer. Does this mean we can empty whats left in the tank back into storage or does it just disappear and we lose whatever was in the tank?
You can empty it and store what was left, yes :)
So is it possible to keep the fertilizer or herbicide tanks from the store when they are empty or did it only work with tanks with free space in it?
Interesting question, maybe they just dont dissapear any more and to get rid of them we have to take them back to the store! Also would be great to have silos for the liquid and dry fert, herdicide, and seeds....
PC gamer.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Hi I'm curious do we still have the same 3 stages of fertilizing that adds 30% to the harvest and also if you plow the extra 10%?