[Dev Blog] New Crops & Weed Control

SilverNewsYT

Re: [Dev Blog] New Crops & Weed Control

Post by SilverNewsYT »

@Lisertan
Will there be the ability to purchase bales in the new fs19? i wondered being you can in real life.
#48DaysTillFS19
Prstorez

Post by Prstorez »

Anny answers !?
Shizuaki

Post by Shizuaki »

Prstorez wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm Anny answers !?
There something like a national holiday in Germany apparently, so no answers this week
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Day Of German Unity.... to celebrate the fall of the Berlin Wall

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Hillr

Post by Hillr »

Will weeds in FS19 grow back after harvest? Like before tillage? Or is it just before harvest

Edit don_apple: moved to correct topic.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Hillr wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:48 pm Will weeds in FS19 grow back after harvest? Like before tillage? Or is it just before harvest

Weeds only grow if the field is planted. An empty field will not grow weeds
XBOX/ FS22
_LIFAD_

Post by _LIFAD_ »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 pm Day Of German Unity.... to celebrate the fall of the Berlin Wall
Nah, that day rather celebrates the day when the former 2 German states officially became one (3.10.1990). Fall of the Berlin Wall was 9.11.1989 :)

But I am rather surprised that yesterday there were no videos etc as Giants is a Swiss company.
Shizuaki

Post by Shizuaki »

_LIFAD_ wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm
cr41g_1965 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 pm Day Of German Unity.... to celebrate the fall of the Berlin Wall
Nah, that day rather celebrates the day when the former 2 German states officially became one (3.10.1990). Fall of the Berlin Wall was 9.11.1989 :)

But I am rather surprised that yesterday there were no videos etc as Giants is a Swiss company.
Lisertan himself said its because of that. As I know, majority of the team are germans
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Peter Griffin wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 pm
Hillr wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:48 pm Will weeds in FS19 grow back after harvest? Like before tillage? Or is it just before harvest

Weeds only grow if the field is planted. An empty field will not grow weeds
Seems weird but I'll go with it. LOL. In real life weeds usually grow like mad when there's nothing else on the field to contend with. We usually have to get rid of the weeds before even getting a new field started. Still, though, having weeds at all IS a step further than what we had before, which was just pulling a weeder over a field and pretending we were doing something :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I was sure I saw in one of the farmcon vids that they said weeds will grow at anytime on a field?
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Now you got me second guessing. Maybe I misunderstood?
XBOX/ FS22
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

No lis said (I believe it was earlier in this thread) that weeds won’t grow unless a crop is planted because of simplicity for new(er) players and to keep it easy for them I’ll check back if I can find it, but I would agree with you fealandaea if there isn’t a crop in the fields weeds grow like crazy we sometimes have to run a disc over a field that’s been left fallow to keep the weeds from getting to outta hand
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Lis said in the first page that weeds will only start to grow once the field has been sown that is in the first post in the thread later on the first page he goes on to reaffirm that again, after thinking weeds starting growing after cultivating before finally saying no once a fields been down
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yup. Exactly what Gimli said.

Weeds = after cultivated. And also you cannot be proactive. You have to be reactive. In other words, you can't spray a freshly cultivated field to prevent weeds. Weeds WILL come, regardless, and then THAT is when you react to them, using a weeder to gut them out. If you wait too long, then you need herbicide to kill them off.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Wait wait wait I was afraid my wording would confuse people weeds will only grow after the field has been SOWN this was chosen by giants to keep it simple for newer players weeds will not grow if the field has been harvested or is in a cultivated state, I apologize for my very confusing wording fealandaea
Last edited by Gimli54 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.