[Dev Blog] Character Customisation

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

[Dev Blog] Character Customisation

Post by Lisertan »

Welcome back to the Farming Simulator 19 devblog, where today we’ll be discussing character customization. New and improved in this version, it was vitally important to us that how your character looks and what they wear was as diverse as the options you have everywhere else on the farm - career choices, farm placement and creation, vehicle customization, and so on.

The character represents the player in the game world and we understand that it is important for our players to be able to identify with him or her. Therefore we added some variety in the customisation options. Let’s take a look at what is possible in Farming Simulator 19.

There are eight different characters for our players to choose from. Four of them are male, four are female. Players can also choose from four different hair styles, or if they prefer to do so, pick a cap. There are many different caps, representing almost every brand in the game!

It is, of course, still possible to change the colour of your shirt. Male characters also get the option to wear a jacket if they want to. Last, but not least, there is the option to add sunglasses if players like to do that.

Sounds good? Well let’s have some examples and see how they turned out.

In short: Farming Simulator 19 will give you the chance to look however you like. FS19 is all about choice and we want to give our players the chance to look how they like, when they farm like never before!
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
cr41g_1965

Re: [Dev Blog] Character Customisation

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm

In short: Farming Simulator 19 will give you the chance to look however you like. FS19 is all about choice and we want to give our players the chance to look how they like, when they farm like never before!
doesn't look like that is going to be possible...but Kudo's to Giants making sure not everyone is white at least..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yup. No beards.
PS5 / FS22
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:15 pm Yup. No beards.
Someone will just have to make it a mod.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

all i need is a sunbrero, beard and a tie dye shirt lol
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

+1 for beard mod
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The characters were encrypted in FS17 so if it's the same in FS19 there will be no beards or any other character mods.
K Money

Post by K Money »

Hats, glasses and jackets. Will they be removable, or will it be a permanent feature, or will you need to edit the player each time you want to add/remove one?
Platform; PC
Windows 7
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

or jensen holding up a sign with " will you marry me laura " *thumbsup*
Bcousins10626

Post by Bcousins10626 »

Lisertan will you be able to Mod your character in FS19?
PaulusmaModding

Post by PaulusmaModding »

i would love to know which brands will be on the caps/hats. will it be all brands, just the new brands, or something completely different. trough the pictures i know farming simulator, john deere and komatsu are on the hats, but which other brands will be there?
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

One in the blog was a Case IH hat so it’s not just whatever’s new at least, shame about the beards but glad we’re getting some character customization
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm Someone will just have to make it a mod.
@Lisertan - Will it even be POSSIBLE to mod characters so we can have more diversity in that regard? I would love to be able to edit my clothes to fit my awesome personality.
K Money wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:03 pm Hats, glasses and jackets. Will they be removable, or will it be a permanent feature, or will you need to edit the player each time you want to add/remove one?
I am wondering this as well. I would love to be able to go to a shop on the map, similar to how we go to a shop to customize vehicles, to change character look. Maybe the front door of our house at the starting point? or an upgrade to the bedroom in the house? (Interact with icon in bedroom to open character look dialogue).

Lisertan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm There are many different caps, representing almost every brand in the game!
Definitely hoping we can mod those as well.
Lisertan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm Male characters also get the option to wear a jacket if they want to.
perfect. That is how it should be :)
Lisertan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm Last, but not least, there is the option to add sunglasses if players like to do that.
Cool. i can't stand working outside without my sunglasses. I have one of those pairs that cuts out haze and glare (similar to that infomercial for those tac glasses) and I have found that truck driving is essential with those. If I were farming, that would apply to me there as well :) So thank you, Giants, for adding sunglasses.
Lisertan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm In short: Farming Simulator 19 will give you the chance to look however you like. FS19 is all about choice and we want to give our players the chance to look how they like, when they farm like never before!
Unfortunately, as with others here, it will only feel like an actual choice if we are able to mod our character looks with textures at least. I don't care about physical models. But if we can at least texture our characters, via mods so we can do so WITHOUT editing core game files (thus messing up multiplayer), that would be awesome.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm or jensen holding up a sign with " will you marry me laura " *thumbsup*
in John Deere green
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .