Featurette: Manitou

44mfarmall

Re: Featurette: Manitou

Post by 44mfarmall »

Great to see the forklift. Stacking pallets will be much less of a hassle.
VideoDude great work on the video.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Very cool, glad to see a variety of Manitou in fs19, awesome video VideoDude.
Bosbouwerd

Post by Bosbouwerd »

I really like the forklift, the mod ones i could where just not what the should be. BUT i found one thing missing in this featurette, and when i looked at other trailers i noticed it too. The tires are not deforming. Is that not going to be a thing in FS19? That would be a pity.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Daggerwin mentioned same thing. And I'm also wondering too. Tire deformation in FS17 works really good. I hope it is not ditched.
PS5 / FS22
Armchairfarmer

Post by Armchairfarmer »

If they’re meant to be solid tires they wouldn’t deform much at all
Bosbouwerd

Post by Bosbouwerd »

Armchairfarmer wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm If they’re meant to be solid tires they wouldn’t deform much at all
For the forklift that's true, but look at the factsheets for example. There's no deformation on any of the vehicles or trailers.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

They might have the feature turned off while they’re alpha testing it and things like that but idk
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Bosbouwerd wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 pm
Armchairfarmer wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm If they’re meant to be solid tires they wouldn’t deform much at all
For the forklift that's true, but look at the factsheets for example. There's no deformation on any of the vehicles or trailers.
There's certainly deformation on some implements as it's noticeable in videos and fact sheets - for example fact sheets 9B, 10B, 12A, 13B, 14B and 15A clearly show the tyres deforming, particularly on trailers. For some reason the tractors and most vehicles don't look like they're reacting to the weight at all though.

As said though it could just be that it's not fully set up yet.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

looks amazing! It also looks like the objects have a bit more of a realistic mass to them. When loading the IBC's on the trailer you can see the trailer sink down a bit as if it is sensing something heavy has been loaded. It looks like they are snapping/locking into position. The bales also seem to be better which is great as that was the most frustrating thing for me in previous versions. There was a huge improvement in fs17 but it was still hard work to deal with so i gave up loading things manually in FS17 as it took forever, never looked tidy and you could bet money on the whole load spazing out when putting the last pallet or bale on the trailer.

The only thing i noticed was the seed pallet slipped along the pallet forks for no reason when driving backwards as they do in FS17. Very interested to see what its like when released.
drb

Post by drb »

Coldlandlord wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:15 am The only thing i noticed was the seed pallet slipped along the pallet forks for no reason when driving backwards as they do in FS17. Very interested to see what its like when released.
It's not for no reason, it is due to inertia. Unless a pallet is physically connected to a fork with chains or some such, or your fork is angled sufficiently upward, the pallet is going to slip when you accelerate with level forks. It's the same reason a pallet will fly off the fork if you come to an abrupt stop from traveling forward at speed.

this_is_gav wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:39 am
Bosbouwerd wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 pm
There's certainly deformation on some implements as it's noticeable in videos and fact sheets - for example fact sheets 9B, 10B, 12A, 13B, 14B and 15A clearly show the tyres deforming, particularly on trailers. For some reason the tractors and most vehicles don't look like they're reacting to the weight at all though.

As said though it could just be that it's not fully set up yet.
I really don't see how people keep thinking there is no tire deformation. You got it right, and you can see it in even more than those fact sheets too. 19A, 20A (forklift, rear tires), and 20B stood out to me also. It is harder to see on the agro tires with the deep treads most vehicles have, but also consider, the tires shouldn't really be deforming much on the vehicles unless you've literally stacked a bunch of stuff directly on top of the vehicle.

Large deformation should only happen if you've got a really heavy trailer on a tractor with smaller tires not rated for the weight, or you've overloaded your frontloader/wheel loader/telehandler with logs or bales, since a standard bucket o' crops shouldn't be doing that excessively.

It seems like people are expecting tire deformation to look like my wheel loader when i use the manure fork to spike 7 round bales at once. We also don't have any shots of tires head on, which is the ideal angle to be able to see the side-to-side spread of the tire when if deforms.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I know what it is simulating but I have worked on forklifts, telehandlers etc my entire life and never had anything slide along the forks just from simply moving the machine in reverse. You would have to litteraly drive flat out and stand on the brakes with the forks angled down in the rain to get a loaded stilage to slide off the forks. In fs games you just set off steady and they slide around as if there is no weight in them. Also there is no resistance. I.e when loading bales in real life, you would have to give it death in order to push a stack off the side of the trailer, in fs, a slight nudge sends them off. I hope this is improved for 19, the video seems to suggest it has been!
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I'm wondering if you caen have implements on the back of the forklift. like a fertilizer spreader or something like that. it show pulling a trailer so I know it can do that. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I suspect the connection on the back of the forklift is for small trailers only, along the same lines as what you find on the back of telehandlers in FS17. There is no 3-pt hitch or PTO, though I suspect some may add them via mods LOL
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

you would never use a forklift or telehandler to go fert spreading or anything like that. They have no PTO or 3 point linkage for starters. Also, there would be no reason to use such a machine to do field work. Just buy a tractor with front end loader.
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:28 pm you would never use a forklift or telehandler to go fert spreading or anything like that. They have no PTO or 3 point linkage for starters. Also, there would be no reason to use such a machine to do field work. Just buy a tractor with front end loader.