[Video] Enter the Farming Simulator 19 garage

ErwinR55

Re: [Video] Enter the Farming Simulator 19 garage

Post by ErwinR55 »

AgPro Farms wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm Agreed. Glad to see the Great Plains planter made it back in. Great video Giants!

Indeed, but the biggest question would be: Have they FIXED it???? It needs a proper hitch, not the bolt hole where the hitch is bolted on to put that into the tractor hitch.
Looking at the picture on the website, I don't think they fixed it.
PS4 player
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

They may not have fixed that. I agree it would be nice if they did. Traveling while folded was the bigger issue for me. In the field, I found that making 2-3 passes in the end-rows made turning much better. I was able to turn with no problem and mainly used the Magnum with duals, or the Challenger MT700 series with spread tracks. Another issue I hope they looked into was the loading auger on the Hatz. seed cart to where you can dump into it. Only time will tell tho, I suppose.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

No issues at all with the MF weight mod on the Great Plains, but it should work okay without lolz

Use the weight on the seedhawk also to get clean AI turns at the headlands.
PS4 player
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Which MF weight mod is that, Erwin? Is that one that's in one of the mod packs?
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 pm
AgPro Farms wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm Agreed. Glad to see the Great Plains planter made it back in. Great video Giants!
Indeed, but the biggest question would be: Have they FIXED it???? It needs a proper hitch, not the bolt hole where the hitch is bolted on to put that into the tractor hitch.
Looking at the picture on the website, I don't think they fixed it.
Thats a pretty legit point *thumbsup*
I had totally forgotten about it. I guess I found a way to live with it.
But it really needs to be addressed.
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

AgPro Farms wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:47 am Which MF weight mod is that, Erwin? Is that one that's in one of the mod packs?
Its that square concrete block with MF printed on it, and has a towhitch on it to attach trailers on.
I believe it came with the large old MF pack.
PS4 player
Logan.Laprise

Post by Logan.Laprise »

So i was very happy to see that the John Deere S790 is finally in the game and i cant wait to use it on Ravenport and other big American maps but there is one thing that i noticed about the combine, and that's that the duals on it where T-rail/clamp duals? And this got me a little confused? https://www.scholarlygamers.com/wp-cont ... 343119.jpg So i was wondering on why they aren't like other American combine duals, where they just bolt into place https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNpLDFLUEAIiAYM.jpg just like to have a little clarification on this and to know why, cause i'm a little confused that's all.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

IF they used the European model for the combine then that might explain why it's different
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Eldo31

Post by Eldo31 »

Having played now for about 20-30hrs, I have to say I'm very impressed and appreciative. Although some vehicles and equipment did not make the transition from FS17, many did, and the new lineup with vastly more wheel choices and accessory options is very good. Yes there are bugs to fix as always, but that will come mostly in time. When FS17 was originally released, it was nearly unplayable too, as was FS15, and the forums relentlessly bashed Giants over that, as they always have with every new rendition, but it didn't take long to morph into the wonderful experience we're all come to know and love. For whatever team worked on the big Jenz chipper, thank you so much. For the first time since it was introduced as a mod back in the LS13 days, it is a pure joy to use in its vanilla format. It is stable on the ground, the claws clip into the ground slightly, making multiple log pickup much easier, and the feed tray works flawlessly. The only real issue is log physics are still poor, and they still slide all over, (hopefully someday that'll finally be fixed so I don't need to rely on "strongman" or "locking script" mods), making it very difficult and frustrating to grab anything more than a single piece at a time. I VERY much miss the small FS17 chipper. I always started my FS logging career with that little guy, doing all the work with chainsaw and by hand. Many a trailer load of chips was created and sold when money was tight and my tractors and wagons were still small. Hopefully that little chipper will make an appearance again, either in an update or in mod form.
So many people are complaining about the US map, while I agree the whole place looks run down and dumpy, and not typically USA midwest farmbelt looking terrain wise, it is quite well done, with great attention to detail. While doing transport contracts, I often stop and just look at scenery, admiring the many intricacies the creators incorporated. I live in the upper midwest, in the heart of corn and beans country. Sure, this map doesn't even remotely look like the sprawling, wide open, pretty much flat region typically associated with US agriculture, but there's no sugar cane or cotton around here either. Nothing but corn and beans, with a splash of sugar beets and wheat or oats here and there, with virtually nothing to break up the view. That would make an awesomely boring map! Goldcrest Valley from FS17 appeared to be set in the northwest of the USA, making logging and alongside of the various agriculture aspects of the map believable. The new FS19 USA map appears to be set in what looks to be the southwest, with a spattering of conifer trees at the higher elevations and palms on the beach. While it'd probably be difficult to actually cultivate sugar cane here, at least its believable. I play this game to role play, and I prefer at least a little bit of reality for better immersion, so although the maps is not "table-flat" Kansas, with nothing but wheat as far as the eye can see, it's a good map, and well made. As far as the "dumpy" aspect? Again, I refer to my own real life experience. Most of these little map dots around here look an awful lot like the virtual town in the USA map. Yeah, there's money here and there, but jobs in these tiny 500-1000 population towns are few and far between, and the income is generally pretty low. My RL job takes me to many of the rural farms and town homes of these communities. What you see in the map more often than not is pretty much what I see in RL, junk in yards, old siding falling off some homes, rusty and occasionally abandoned cars, and MANY old, used up tires seemingly "living" everywhere they can be relatively hidden ("Everyone needs old tires for the county fair demo-derbies right? Why pay $2/ea to recycle when we have a perfectly good grove to dump them in"...lol) Yes, yes, yes, not everywhere looks that way, but it IS pretty common, at least around here. I had to laugh at the old bath tub laying in one of the starting areas. Forums complaining about being "homeless" and "sleeping in the combine"? If Giants wants to be realistic, they need to put in a rundown, old AirStream trailer in the placeables group for about $500, just enough to keep the local volunteer fire departments from buying it and using it as burn practice.
Thankyou so very much Giants for this newest version of your most excellent and very enjoyable work. I look forward to seeing FS19 grow into something even more wonderful than the masterpiece FS17 is, especially as the mods begin to roll out. Please keep up the wonderful job.