[FS19] Giants Mods this week

RODHA

Re: [FS19] Giants Mods this week

Post by RODHA »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:48 pm
RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:56 am A DLC announcement before the release of the first mod map kinda feels funny to me :biggrin2:
(Good) maps always take an age to do. Looking back the first decent modmaps on the ModHub for FS17 were released nearly two months after release. Given they've had two weeks of holidays, if modmaps come out in the next week or two it won't be far off a similar time frame.
May be you misunderstood me. I know how much work goes into maps or in any mod for that matter.
What I meant was it would be funny if a DLC is announced while Giants can't even complete the testing of almost half a dozen mod maps.

And there is also the issue hjvg mentioned above.
PS5 / FS22
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:05 pm May be you misunderstood me. I know how much work goes into maps or in any mod for that matter.
What I meant was it would be funny if a DLC is announced while Giants can't even complete the testing of almost half a dozen mod maps.
I think the Giants is not to blame here that the mods maps are not released for Consoles.
Just modders could not make they maps work on consoles and they are not passing the test, the problem is described here:
viewtopic.php?f=895&t=141635
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ What console? The subject isn't even related to consoles.
Announcing a DLC before fixing the game or even being able to test out some maps is just not the right thing to do.
Thats what I'm saying.
PS5 / FS22
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

^^Correct, it's not the right thing to do. But when it's all about the money, they get paid for DLC, not fixes or testing mods. So, its anyone's guess where their priorities are.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:44 pm ^^ What console? The subject isn't even related to consoles.
Announcing a DLC before fixing the game or even being able to test out some maps is just not the right thing to do.
Thats what I'm saying.
Did you read the thread at all? The second highlighted text is about consoles.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

And what is the relevance of that thread with my first post and my conversation with this_is_gav?
I think you don't read the previous posts. If you read from 5 posts above yours you can see that my conversation with this_is_gav has got nothing to do with consoles or maps.
It is not like mod maps are released on pc but not on console. There is no console reference in any part of my posts.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'll play devils advocate and ask, as you are a PS4 user and say so a lot, why would you be interested in a map not available on PS4?

The same rules apply if a map is submitted for all playtforms.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What map? That is not available on PS4? This is so weird. I think you and me are really not on the same page :biggrin2:
We seem to be talking about completely different things. Because what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever to me. I'm really and honestly confused.
PS5 / FS22
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Guil wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:11 pm I'll play devils advocate and ask, as you are a PS4 user and say so a lot, why would you be interested in a map not available on PS4?

The same rules apply if a map is submitted for all playtforms.
It's not about this, it's about what GIANTS makes first: DLC, Patch, Mods-Testing ... I#m not native English, but RODHA declared it now a few times ... :blushnew:
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Guil

Post by Guil »

A patch will surely be out before any new DLC.

Rodha. You clearly made a point about maps and then said it's nothing to do with consoles, I asked why would it bother you if a map is or isn't out if it's not available to you?
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:44 pm ^^ What console? The subject isn't even related to consoles.
Thats what I'm saying.
Seems i missed this DLC announcement, link please!

Consoles? Mmh, i think Console players asking for maps, at the moment they have only 3.
PC players already have 30 maps to play.
Deora

Post by Deora »

IceUul wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:22 pm
Thats what I'm saying.

Consoles? Mmh, i think Console players asking for maps, at the moment they have only 3.
There is not an official announcement, but Lisertan said last week that a DLC is coming very soon.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Thats what I'm saying.

You Name it. we got already 3 Maps. Since the Weekend I played on every 3 since release. On Ravenport I played something around 100 hours (and not even Close to say I'm done). On felsbrunn I started, but am not really satisfied with what I've done so I have to start all over again (but not yet). And a few days ago I couldn't resist to try Estancia Lapaco (was curios to try sugarcane). Now I stuck in a massive potatoe harvest-Contract and can't let go.

What I'm trying to say is: How many maps do we Need after only 2 months of playing. Why are the vanilla maps not good enough for "us"? I enjoy playing those maps and am not planning on Dumping them for the first modded map that Comes out. I will Chose that map wisely. I thought on Mercury farms but I played that on fs 17 so I think i played that for a good while and will go for a new map.
PS4 und PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Phigo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:29 am
Thats what I'm saying.

What I'm trying to say is: How many maps do we Need after only 2 months of playing. Why are the vanilla maps not good enough for "us"? I enjoy playing those maps and am not planning on Dumping them for the first modded map that Comes out. I will Chose that map wisely. I thought on Mercury farms but I played that on fs 17 so I think i played that for a good while and will go for a new map.
If they are like me we had like 40 maps on console in FS 17 and only found about 6 even remotely interesting.ive got 190 hours on ravenport 29 hours on felsbrunn and 6 hours on the third map.
Waiting on more maps myself but not sure which if any I will like.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Either the other two maps failed testing (making it 0-3 so far) or they haven't hit the modhub yet.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC