[FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Dezza69

Re: [FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Post by Dezza69 »

Looks great, thanks Developers!

Be awesome to use this tool and also, choose not to use this new tool, depending on how I play the game...

Thanks for the option.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

This looks awesome! I just hope it doesn’t cause more problems down the road. A definite improvement to the game and a thumbs up 👍
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

Jam4430 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 pm Will terrain editing have any affect on the maps slot count?
I too would like to know the answer to this.
Howfarmswork

Post by Howfarmswork »

will field 17 be fixed in one of these patches, also what mod will be released this week?
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Hope it's easy to us on console, since we don't have a mouse... :)
Ignorance is bliss
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Howfarmswork, nobody knows when the mods will be available, i think Lisertan will make a thread of what mods are in testing like he did in fs17 when more mods are in line for testing.
ByKVR

Post by ByKVR »

Thank you so much!

This is something a lot of people were asking for and I'm glad Giants is taking the time to give us this amazing tool!
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Hawke67 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am Hmmm

Im a bit concerned that we are getting awfully close to a "in game" situation where its easier to flatten a mountin than going around it. This tool just seem to be a bit too much of the good stuff. The main issue for me will be to resist the constant temptation to remove any and all imaginary obstacle I encounter in the game. Never more any "getting a chainsaw and a stump cutter if there is an annoying tree too close to a field, why put in the effort if its as simple as a mouseclick to get rid of anything that stand in the way?

Now get me right here, Im not against the ability to change and to some degree sculpt the landscape, I was simply expecting something else. Maybe the use of excavators, trucks and wheel loaders to do this stuff. This on the other hand will surely create some sort of a "Bruce almighty" situation.

Cheers
Tom
I agree using machinery to change the landscape would be much better, but if this is what we are getting, then I am pleased to see it! I hate not having roads to buildings etc so being able to make things pretty will be amazing.

Don't forget modders will probably manipulate this somehow also so you may end up with something close to what you wish for.

At the end of the day, as much as we would love a great full on sim, computer games are not real life and they sometimes need a bit of imagination. There is no harm in role playing in your mind that you do not have this tool when it comes to the occasional tree etc... make it what you want it to be is all I can say. Rather have it and not use it than not have it at all.
Guil

Post by Guil »

BigC92 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:59 am Howfarmswork, nobody knows when the mods will be available, i think Lisertan will make a thread of what mods are in testing like he did in fs17 when more mods are in line for testing.
That will come after 1.2 is released.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Oh ok.
JoeDeertay

Post by JoeDeertay »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm
Bigfilmguy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm This looks awesome! One question, how soon will this patch be available for consoles?
Soon. No ETA but before christmas :)
My saved game became corrupt after 45 hours of play. Did this game go through testing prior to release?
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Matt_S. I am also happy that we are getting a tool for making roads and such. My main problem with this was that (judging from the video) it will be really easy to create (or remove) even small mountins. I dont think that funktion belongs inside the game but rather in a map editor. Of corse, I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Cheers
Tom
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

Hawke67 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am Matt_S. I am also happy that we are getting a tool for making roads and such. My main problem with this was that (judging from the video) it will be really easy to create (or remove) even small mountins. I dont think that funktion belongs inside the game but rather in a map editor. Of corse, I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Cheers
Tom
I don't intend this as argumentative, or confrontational, but I'm struggling to understand your concern. Why should you care how others play their own game? Given the tools, the choice of how you utilise them is yours, but why restrict the potential creativity of others.
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Hawke67 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am Matt_S. I am also happy that we are getting a tool for making roads and such. My main problem with this was that (judging from the video) it will be really easy to create (or remove) even small mountins. I dont think that funktion belongs inside the game but rather in a map editor. Of corse, I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Cheers
Tom
I do see your point, but as I said before, I guess if you are the kind of person who wants to play without options of seriously changing the landscape without mechanical tools, then simply don't use it?

I do get what you are saying, but I do think this is a great tool for a lot of people (no map editor on console for example). I know how it feels to be restricted to basic mods and miss out on the really good stuff from playing on console (to the extent i specifically bought a gaming PC to play FS19 after struggling with FS17 and the lack of road creation on PS4... it literally has windows, steam, fs19 and thats it! lol)

So yes, I think most will see your point, but it's a bit like driving a car and it having cruise control.... if you don't like it, no one says you have to use it. Put a sticker over the cruise control button and pretend it's not there.

Have fun :mrgreen:
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

@Lisertan

Any changes with fances and gates ? Building them with single elements it's driving me crazy.