[FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

levicfoley

Re: [FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Post by levicfoley »

With the weakest brush strength the smoothing option would be amazing implemented into a plow sub-soiler or cultivator
jonesjosh

Post by jonesjosh »

how do we get this on PC?
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Cardos wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 am
Hawke67 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am Matt_S. I am also happy that we are getting a tool for making roads and such. My main problem with this was that (judging from the video) it will be really easy to create (or remove) even small mountins. I dont think that funktion belongs inside the game but rather in a map editor. Of corse, I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Cheers
Tom
I don't intend this as argumentative, or confrontational, but I'm struggling to understand your concern. Why should you care how others play their own game? Given the tools, the choice of how you utilise them is yours, but why restrict the potential creativity of others.
I don't care how other people play the game, but I do care how this will probably make me play the game. Its really easy to say "don't use it if you dont like it" but actually resist using it is another thing. Its like the moneycheat from previous versions. They were all mods and if you wanted them you could have them, pretty simple and the "dont get it if you dont want it argument" works well here.

But what if there was a built in funktion like "press this on keyboard and get 100 000€? I guess a some few people could manage to resist using it but most ppl like me would sooner or later go down the "well, I use it just once" road and once you used it it wont be long before using it again, and again, eventually taking all challange out of the game.

And once again, I dont care if anyone or even everyone else use this, but it should be optional, like mentioned moneycheat, now it isnt, its built in. And built in funktions will be used and eventually abused. On the other hand, if there is a substantial cost, like really expensive, to use this I guess it could still work without breaking anything.

Cheers :hi:
Tom
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

abuse it? What... :confusednew:

oh and by the way you can't remove mountains or roads and more
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Im with you lefe1 abuse what? I never ever used the money cheat box, has it crossed my mind? Absolutely not, have i ever thought of " ill use it one time"? Again absolutely not. YouTube is my best friend for when it comes to mods, MrSealyP is my guy when it comes to mods, no run around, no cutting corners, he gives his honest opinion on the mods he reviews, unlike these other YouTubers who cuts corners and lies about mods, working on a farm or anywhere is about hard work, you know? I hate it when people buy "extra money" when playing these games, its about hard work for me, i don't care if it takes you 2 years to get a million bucks, its hard work, time and effort you put into it, you don't see farmers or sports legends buying stuff to make the playing better... Well yes, but you pay for it big time in the end, sorry about that, it makes me angry when people cut corners and cheat, its not the way life goes in my book.
Deora

Post by Deora »

BigC92 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 am Im with you lefe1 abuse what? I never ever used the money cheat box, has it crossed my mind? Absolutely not, have i ever thought of " ill use it one time"? Again absolutely not. YouTube is my best friend for when it comes to mods, MrSealyP is my guy when it comes to mods, no run around, no cutting corners, he gives his honest opinion on the mods he reviews, unlike these other YouTubers who cuts corners and lies about mods, working on a farm or anywhere is about hard work, you know? I hate it when people buy "extra money" when playing these games, its about hard work for me, i don't care if it takes you 2 years to get a million bucks, its hard work, time and effort you put into it, you don't see farmers or sports legends buying stuff to make the playing better... Well yes, but you pay for it big time in the end, sorry about that, it makes me angry when people cut corners and cheat, its not the way life goes in my book.
Yes, but this is a game and not real life. Everyone can play it the way he or she want's.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I know that... Im just saying i hate people who cut corners and cheat rather than earning it.
CattleDan

Post by CattleDan »

Hawke67 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 am
Cardos wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 am
Hawke67 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am Matt_S. I am also happy that we are getting a tool for making roads and such. My main problem with this was that (judging from the video) it will be really easy to create (or remove) even small mountins. I dont think that funktion belongs inside the game but rather in a map editor. Of corse, I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Cheers
Tom
I don't intend this as argumentative, or confrontational, but I'm struggling to understand your concern. Why should you care how others play their own game? Given the tools, the choice of how you utilise them is yours, but why restrict the potential creativity of others.
I don't care how other people play the game, but I do care how this will probably make me play the game. Its really easy to say "don't use it if you dont like it" but actually resist using it is another thing. Its like the moneycheat from previous versions. They were all mods and if you wanted them you could have them, pretty simple and the "dont get it if you dont want it argument" works well here.

But what if there was a built in funktion like "press this on keyboard and get 100 000€? I guess a some few people could manage to resist using it but most ppl like me would sooner or later go down the "well, I use it just once" road and once you used it it wont be long before using it again, and again, eventually taking all challange out of the game.

And once again, I dont care if anyone or even everyone else use this, but it should be optional, like mentioned moneycheat, now it isnt, its built in. And built in funktions will be used and eventually abused. On the other hand, if there is a substantial cost, like really expensive, to use this I guess it could still work without breaking anything.

Cheers :hi:
Tom
It does cost money, not sure how it is calculated but seems to go down pretty fast depending on brush size. Roughly 100 per second for small brush size and 1000 for large if I had to estimate. And it would be easy to not use it if you didn't want as it is a separate part of the store and works like placeables in a way.
I personally have saves I cheat money on for map/mod testing or just trying things out and then my realistic farms. But I guess sometimes I just want a farming sandbox and other times I want a game *thumbsup*
bialy

Post by bialy »

How this landscaping can be used in multiplayer mode? Is there option to copy map to another users as a mod?
Maenoooh

Post by Maenoooh »

I think the landscaping works the same as building many sheds in FS17. So everyone can still join your game.
Kurisshi

Post by Kurisshi »

Looks awesome. My only question is, will the grass grow?
Maenoooh

Post by Maenoooh »

No, the grass won’t grow.
bartox00

Post by bartox00 »

looks great, but will we be able to paint growing grass in the future?
BradM73

Post by BradM73 »

I definitely like the direction of the Landscaping tools, though I believe (or certainly hope) this is really just a first step for it. I'd like to see the expansion of landscaping tools to include even more textures and abilities. Everyone I talk with who has used it agree that there should be an "Undo" feature for correcting mistakes, as in some cases it is incredibly easy to unintentionally raise or lower terrain too far, or accidentally plop down a ground texture where it is NOT wanted. The second feature that landscaping needs is the ability to plant different grasses and bushes and even trees to the environment. One thing that really bothers me about 1.2 landscaping is that when you paint down the grass textures, no grass grows from it. It ends up looking incredibly flat, like Astroturf, and I'll say that it is definitely not a desirable look for me and MANY others I've spoken with. STILL, I think it's a step in the right direction and I like how it implemented overall. I certainly hope to see more "feature" updates to Landscaping in the near future!
Check out all my farming videos on Youtube and SUBSCRIBE at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BradM73
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

So consoles (including ps4) should have it by Christmas correct?
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!