[FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Coldlandlord

Re: [FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Post by Coldlandlord »

This is exactly what we should have had from the start.
To be fair I had very low expectations for this feature but this looks soo much better than i was expecting! It might turn out to be very good indeed and Giants might be able to redeem themselves after the monumental screw up with the release of this unfinished game.

I wonder if the modding guys will find a way to create machines that can do these jobs in the future. I know nothing about modding but it seems that the groundwork will be in the game. This feature looks like it is going to be great and if in the future it would be possible to use a 360 digger to alter the terrain then all my dreams for this game would come true.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Looks like a really great feature that will be sure to have some nice after effects, like downloading other peoples map edits will just be a mission file instead of a massive mod file.

A small suggestion if it's not already implemented;

Could we have an easy to access save and quit mission function, like a hot key. As I'm sure saving, quitting & re-starting a mission is going to happen much more now?
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

One suggestion for this patch.

Can we have the percentage figure back for filling trailers? I have not played the game for long due to the issues we won't go into again but i almost immediately missed seeing what % level of product was in the trailer. The volume figure is ok, if you can remember how much a trailer holds and are able to do mental arithmetic with 4 figures quickly but the % figure would really help with judging how far your harvester will get down the field before it needs to unload.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

If you are on PC, there's already a mod for this.

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... fruit-hud/
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
renogaza

Post by renogaza »

really like the new system, how soon can we expect patch 1.2.0.0 to be out?
(archive reference: current version is 1.1.3.0)

also when can we expect deer to be added into the game? its ok if it doesn't come out since i can imagine how buggy that'll be especially with forest monocultures.. but i'm sure the modding community will jump at the chance to mod it in xD
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

The landscaping tools are a fantastic addition to the game, thanks!

I have two suggestions:

1 It would be useful if the levelling tool would auto detect the height when it is enabled and level to that height, rather than level to the last height used. That way it would be possible to go back and extend a level area later.

2 Both the tools remove all foliage. Fields can be remade and replanted, but it would be great if there was a way to replant meadow grass outside field boundaries, and even the plants and shrubs, to restore the natural look to the area.
GermanyG

Post by GermanyG »

I've gotta confess, I can't wait for this mod. Can't wait to see what players do with it. I thinks it's gonna be a lot of fun.
*thumbsup* YouTube:GermanyG *thumbsup*
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

Small change I’d like if you could number or name the Ground Types so it’s quicker to find which one you require easier, I keep missing the one I actually want.
mbh

Post by mbh »

For me it would be an improvement if there were a name of the texture next to the picture, because it can be hard to see what the texture actually is. Like the paving slabs looks to me like pavement and the different green / grass textures can be tricky to me.
Since it an expenditure to edit the texture I don't want to be guessing and redoing it several times because that is going to add up trying to find the right texture.

/Mbh
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

renogaza wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 pm really like the new system, how soon can we expect patch 1.2.0.0 to be out?

also when can we expect deer to be added into the game? its ok if it doesn't come out since i can imagine how buggy that'll be especially with forest monocultures.. but i'm sure the modding community will jump at the chance to mod it in xD
Stop being an ETA Troll, it’s the first rule of forum eticate
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

sootysax wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 pm
renogaza wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 pm really like the new system, how soon can we expect patch 1.2.0.0 to be out?

Stop being an ETA Troll, it’s the first rule of forum eticate
No worries they could just start at the beginning of thread and read thru Lizard Man answered the release date several times already. :chinese:
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

Hawke67 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am Matt_S. I am also happy that we are getting a tool for making roads and such. My main problem with this was that (judging from the video) it will be really easy to create (or remove) even small mountins. I dont think that funktion belongs inside the game but rather in a map editor. Of corse, I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Cheers
Tom
it will cost a small fortune in game to move mountains
Prax

Post by Prax »

I wish it didn't kill all the grass when i am just trying to delete weeds. Other than that i am loving it! Nice work y'all
Codyfry1

Post by Codyfry1 »

Could someone who has already gotten the patch for pc let us consol users know what some of the serious bugs are that have been fixed?
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

Prax wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 pm I wish it didn't kill all the grass when i am just trying to delete weeds. Other than that i am loving it! Nice work y'all
+1