[FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Heyward83

Re: [FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Post by Heyward83 »

Just finished building my farm and have to say it looks great! however the way it’s been done there is lots of grass areas using the ground textures but obviously this grass will not grow! can you add a grass texture that has some growth to it so it doesn’t look like a carpet.

Thanks
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Only way atm to get grass growing is to create a field with the plow, plant grass, then go over it with the roller. The grass will grow then.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Hopefully there is a feature where if you have created a slope but then decide that you want to get rid of it you can click a button that levels it back to smooth ground so you don't have to spend hours trying to get 1 acre perfectly flat :lol:
G'day
Leyna

Post by Leyna »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:38 am Hopefully there is a feature where if you have created a slope but then decide that you want to get rid of it you can click a button that levels it back to smooth ground so you don't have to spend hours trying to get 1 acre perfectly flat :lol:
It does have a 'flatten' tool. Just a few minutes work. :)
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Just had a proper play with the landscaping and have a few thoughts and feedback:
  • Love the tool, it's a great first step.
  • Why not use the up/down arrows to change strength rather than ctrl+Q/E?
  • Need labels on the ground tool, and could we have water for a pond?
  • Along with water, we ability to actually paint lines/text road markings on the new surface would be good, might be a later mod though
  • Need to be able to turn off the 'snap to grid' on the square tool.
  • It would be useful to have the XYZ co-ordinates visible on screen when you are using the tool so you can work out where you are in relation to other parts, possible not in view right now.
  • The flatten tool, in use with note 4, should be able to be locked to a height or XY position so we can produce straight lines.
More complicated stuff:
  • It would be nice to be able to select two points of differing heights and have a slope created between those two points, the width would be set by the current width of the tool. Even better would be the ability to define a path for the slope to take which isn't a straight line.
  • When painting the ground, the ability to define a path and then fill it with the ground type would make making roads much easier.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Ravlie

Post by Ravlie »

Few questions I'd like to get some answers from game devs.

1. I'm hoping for a additional option where you actually remove the "field layer/foliage" or how is it called in map maker. What I mean walking crows at your home ain't normal, hahaha.
2. Since I actually just started playing with the tool it removes grass when you level terrain (I'm not saying it's bad idea, I love it because I can see what I fixed) but the question is will the grass grow later on or do we need another tool to paint with grass layer or you will be adding additional option to add/remove layers?
3. One other thing not really important but when you make changes to the map will the game be able to update the map image?
4. Last thing can you allow to make changes to "unspecified" terrain, like in Felsbrunn (waterfall)? This terrain can't be purchased but when you make changes around it with leveling terrain you can't later on fix it a bit by smoothing terrain around it.

Thanks!
eve333

Post by eve333 »

a lot of lag since the patch
wad88

Post by wad88 »

Hello add a name for the texture
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

Just tested landscaping in beta 1.2.

please turn off snapping to the grid of square shaped tools. They are unusable like that in some cases.
also button UNDO is seriously needed. At least one step back please
add Grass - short, medium, tall. Painted grass looks really stupid in my opinion

Ravlie

Post by Ravlie »

I forgot to mention in few posts above: ability to remove buildings, prefabs. would be nice to have as well as adding. I'm using now trees etc. from mods and whenever I plant 1 it goes to garage. Please do it so only 1 item of same kind with same name is there and you just click on the item you want to remove on the map.
Shiftry

Post by Shiftry »

I disagree this is very mutch needed atm. More and more ppl wanna start deal in animals and beside from the small starting field connected to the farm shown in this trailer there really isent mutch flat land. So if u wanna place anything bigger then a small horse pasture witch apart from chickens is every single animal pasture. It´s gonna cost a fortune just to place the building (sometimes dubble the original cost) not including the machinery u need to feed the animals. Yes u can add money to your farm on pc (not sure on console) but that should not be needed just to afford to place a building.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well the reason why it cost so much is cause it has to level out the terrain, but with the landscaping tool feature, i think it'll be cheaper to level it out first, then buy the pasture, place it on the leveled out land. I just wonder how much it will cost to level out the terrain.
Xerbarus

Post by Xerbarus »

I played around a little with the landscaping feature and I love it so far, it really adds some depth towards the generall game.

However, it would be nice if one texture layer would be added in which we would be able to add grass to the top layer. As of now i didnt see the ability to add grass to hilly sides I sculpted with and the grass did not grow back so far. I hope that option would be added in the future despite the fact that it might be allowing players to use the tool to regrow grass however i think it could be solved via cost of the layer making it non viable to scape and cut it.
sunny22hd

Post by sunny22hd »

hi. please make the landscaping keys editable in 1.2.0.0. i cant use all functions with the default keys :( thank you!
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I'd like to know from a rep if the landscaping feature is tied to the API in such a way, where someone could mod buckets etc, to have some of those effects.