[FS19] Patch 1.2.0 Beta Branch For Windows

Weasle

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2.0 Beta Branch For Windows

Post by Weasle »

It is probably because you do not own the grass field?
Undertuned

Post by Undertuned »

farmer_bell wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:05 am I have been playing with the patch for a couple of days and its been good so far, but I have noticed that now grass destruction is off. Does anyone else have this?
I thought it was maybe because I used the patch on an existing save game. So I emptied the mods folder (there was only mods from the mod hub in there anyway) and started a new save. Grass is still not destroyed when driving over it. Is anyone else seeing this?
Yeah. I can confirm this... No grass destruction at all, whether it is the maps "original" grass or grass planted on fields...
And the large tractors still doesn't have front wheel suspension. Though it was not mentioned in the change log, I do hope they can fix this for the release of the 1.2.0 patch since it looks really weird that some wheels lift from the ground driving on uneven terrain with a heavy tractor ...
Klorin

Post by Klorin »

You can get the grass growing by doing it as in this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzmaN582bFM
perwel

Post by perwel »

farmer_bell wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:05 am I have been playing with the patch for a couple of days and its been good so far, but I have noticed that now grass destruction is off. Does anyone else have this?
I thought it was maybe because I used the patch on an existing save game. So I emptied the mods folder (there was only mods from the mod hub in there anyway) and started a new save. Grass is still not destroyed when driving over it. Is anyone else seeing this?
Me too have seen this!
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
mysticturbo

Post by mysticturbo »

for me its too little too late, i keep finding games being recycled and this is another example. Base maps are so incredibly boring to play and placement of sheds etc is terrible because you have to leave an 84 mile gap between each building. I for one expect a more realistic mode by now. Its on 3 major platforms now so saying its a small team is not acceptable. And 200 cows in a pen the size of the average house... lazy!
IDontPostMuch

Post by IDontPostMuch »

mysticturbo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 pm for me its too little too late, i keep finding games being recycled and this is another example. Base maps are so incredibly boring to play and placement of sheds etc is terrible because you have to leave an 84 mile gap between each building. I for one expect a more realistic mode by now. Its on 3 major platforms now so saying its a small team is not acceptable. And 200 cows in a pen the size of the average house... lazy!
Agreed. Also looks like half the players have moved away from the game:

https://steamcharts.com/app/787860
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Having been critical of Giants lack of communication and testing over the years, I will give them credit that they are releasing these patches as betas in an attempt to test as well as solicit feedback. This release is going to go well into the new year in an attempt to stabilize the gameplay. When they announced that they were revamping their engine to extend the life it was obvious they were not going to meet timelines.

Honestly, releasing public betas is hurting them at this point and they should formalize the process to a subset of experienced users that sign up to beta test. This might slow the process but with provide a streamlined feedback channel and limit the frustrations on both ends. Communication to the public could come through testing notes at end of week on forum.

But I am just an old retired (emphasis on the tired) you know what so my two cents,
wad88

Post by wad88 »

Patch 1.2.0, everything is fine, but when a lot of pallets with potatoes, reduced fps . We need optimization.
wad88

Post by wad88 »

add a name for the ground
pcdoc

Post by pcdoc »

Good idea the new tool but I'm just getting totally fedup of having to muck about after placing a building which sprouts a bloody great slope. Looks messy and out of place whatever you do. Worst thing they did this "ground leveling" I'm very close to going back to 17. And the inputbinding.xml is still a pain, if I have the g920 dpad up & down set to zoom camera in & out the mouse wheel zoom dont work, theres other issues but with it but I'm tired of going though the assignments. Fs17 assigned keys once then the odd addition here & there, this thing has a mind of its own.
RMS_Olympic

Post by RMS_Olympic »

Is it normal when I am turning off tractor and lights inside are still on? Mby worth to check this :)
Additionally i have spotted some issues with RPM of tractors after stopping it, theres no drop to the nominal value but they stay like 1000-1100 or mby even more rpm. If you gently put on the gas then it gets normal. Cheers :)
Last edited by RMS_Olympic on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xerbarus

Post by Xerbarus »

I played around a little with the landscaping feature and I love it so far, it really adds some depth towards the generall game.

However, it would be nice if one texture layer would be added in which we would be able to add grass to the top layer. As of now i didnt see the ability to add grass to hilly sides I sculpted with and the grass did not grow back so far. I hope that option would be added in the future despite the fact that it might be allowing players to use the tool to regrow grass however i think it could be solved via cost of the layer making it non viable to scape and cut it.
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1071017029308739584

Hype it up, sell the stuff, please share-holders, then (eventually) patch up the holes....
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

janfrekv wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:03 am https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1071017029308739584

Hype it up, sell the stuff, please share-holders, then (eventually) patch up the holes....
Giants is not a publicly traded company therefore no shareholders to please. 1 million copies is a milestone to celebrate for them. People buy brands because they know the company will stand behind the product. Giants over the course of the next six months will fix FS 19.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Did some logging yesterday, picking up logs with the telehandler grab. It's still a hassle to actually put the logs in the grab, but once there it's great.
Carrying them around and dropping them on the log trailer is a breeze.

Things that could be improved:
Picking up the logs. It's almost required to pick up the log from above or push the logs to a rigid item (wall, a standing tree etc). It's almost impossible to slide the grab under the logs.
Moving the logs inside the grab. Once inside the grab, the logs can't be moved by the hydraulic finger. It's not possible to push the log from the edge of the grab, further inside it, by pinching the finger.