Page 4 of 11

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 pm
by Criti
Stegei wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:14 pm
You can see a list of bug fixes that were new in the beta here:
viewtopic.php?f=876&t=136574#p1065259
Also some of the gamepad improvements and the trailer braking fix were made after the beta.
Hi, I've been testing the new patch and I still have the same problems;
· File "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" only works with absolute paths, or relative to the game folder, variable "$moddir$mapName" does not work
· Placebles .xml, animation sounds paths: only works with absolute paths, or relative to the game folder, variable "$moddir$mapName" does not work
· I can not translate the names of the sales points "stationName", can not find the string $l10n in modDesc.xml
· The performance has dropped considerably

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am
by Bobbydj1980
Why is this not on console to it seems like pc players are more important to you thanks alot for making all the people on console suffer longer

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 am
by parad0x177
Bobbydj1980 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am
Why is this not on console to it seems like pc players are more important to you thanks alot for making all the people on console suffer longer
The sarcasm. It screams to get out. But I can’t let it. I. Have. No. Words... <FACEPALM>

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am
by Skullblits
Bobbydj1980 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am
Why is this not on console to it seems like pc players are more important to you thanks alot for making all the people on console suffer longer
Well pc players beta tested it for us.

And also Sony and Ms has to test it

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:24 am
by Cmtaylor
Skullblits wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am
Bobbydj1980 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am
Why is this not on console to it seems like pc players are more important to you thanks alot for making all the people on console suffer longer
Well pc players beta tested it for us.

And also Sony and Ms has to test it
Ok I get that Sony and Microsoft are a bit of a pain but did you send it to all for testing at the same time?

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:53 am
by Niteeye
Cmtaylor wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:24 am
Skullblits wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am
Bobbydj1980 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am
Why is this not on console to it seems like pc players are more important to you thanks alot for making all the people on console suffer longer
Well pc players beta tested it for us.

And also Sony and Ms has to test it
Ok I get that Sony and Microsoft are a bit of a pain but did you send it to all for testing at the same time?
Don't think either would have accepted a beta version , so if they sent final version to them at the same time as PC got it , consoles would still have to wait.

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 am
by Cmtaylor
Ahh ok

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 am
by AgPro Farms
eight_lugs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm
#consolelivesmatter
*thumbsup* :lol:

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am
by Dezza69
Criti wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 pm
Stegei wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:14 pm
You can see a list of bug fixes that were new in the beta here:
viewtopic.php?f=876&t=136574#p1065259
Also some of the gamepad improvements and the trailer braking fix were made after the beta.
· The performance has dropped considerably
Using a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina and am honestly stoked Farming Simulator 19 is working (the inbuilt Nvidia 650M only has 1Gb Video RAM), with the graphics performance using the "Metal" system being fantastic - all runs far smoother than FS17 with similar settings. Does make the fan run loudly though (more so in Windows 10 than under OS X) LOL!!

I switch to Windows 10 for the beta updates, GE 8.1 and to test my modded maps before heading back into OS X Mojave to play.

Yes, agreeing - the game doesn't appear to run quite as smoothly on this hardware (either OS) as it did before the 1.2 patch - but (perhaps it's just me), the graphics look better.

Thanks Giants for a great game which is getting improved.

I'm loving Farming Simulator 19!!

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 am
by FiremanDJ
Dear console users.

WAKE UP!!!

This game originated on PC's.
It's fan base and modding community which was comprised of exclusively PC users is what supported Giants to continue making new versions over the years.
All of the mods are created on PC's.

Giants worked hard to make this game playable on consoles in order to make this game available to you.

So, please explain to all of us why you think that you deserve more then PC users?
You choose to play this game on cheaply purchased consoles, controlled by companies that insist on micromanaging updates and mods.

When will you learn that your console is simply not as powerful as even a mid level gaming computer?
I see friends often buying new consoles in order to play the latest games. I've had this PC for 10 years and in that time I've only upgraded the graphics card once and added more ram once. Yet I can still play the latest games at high - extreme graphics (which are higher then what consoles can handle) for around the same long term financial commitment my friends have made.

If you want a console because it's easier to use and setup, that's ok. But you also need to accept that easier comes with limitations.

Stop blaming Giants and mod makers for your choice to use a platform that has delays and limits in it's capabilities. It's YOUR FAULT for choosing a console.


With kind regards,

A PC user.

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 am
by RODHA
FiremanDJ wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 am
Dear console users.

WAKE UP!!!

This game originated on PC's.
It's fan base and modding community which was comprised of exclusively PC users is what supported Giants to continue making new versions over the years.
All of the mods are created on PC's.

Giants worked hard to make this game playable on consoles in order to make this game available to you.

So, please explain to all of us why you think that you deserve more then PC users?
You choose to play this game on cheaply purchased consoles, controlled by companies that insist on micromanaging updates and mods.

When will you learn that your console is simply not as powerful as even a mid level gaming computer?
I see friends often buying new consoles in order to play the latest games. I've had this PC for 10 years and in that time I've only upgraded the graphics card once and added more ram once. Yet I can still play the latest games at high - extreme graphics (which are higher then what consoles can handle) for around the same long term financial commitment my friends have made.

If you want a console because it's easier to use and setup, that's ok. But you also need to accept that easier comes with limitations.

Stop blaming Giants and mod makers for your choice to use a platform that has delays and limits in it's capabilities. It's YOUR FAULT for choosing a console.


With kind regards,

A PC user.
How about the bitter truth that most game developers rely on the raw power of PC hardware instead of optimizing their game for low spec hardware?
Consoles are doing a great job on forcing developers to optimize their code and make it run on lower specs as good as on higher specs.
Did you ever even see Detroit: Become Human and RDR2 in PS4 Pro? Probably not.
Consoles are not incapable, developers are taking the easy path. That is the truth no one really wants to speak out loud in the industry.
There is an other bitter truth and it is the fact that PC gamers have the ability to install cracked versions of games, which is basically stealing, instead of paying for them.
As consoles don't have that option, all developers make more money on consoles than PC. Why else do you think they even bother to release a game for consoles through a very very difficult path?
You simply have no idea what you are talking about. You are just spitting out memorised junk and hatred.

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 am
by sila0164
RODHA wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 am
FiremanDJ wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 am
Dear console users.

WAKE UP!!!

This game originated on PC's.
It's fan base and modding community which was comprised of exclusively PC users is what supported Giants to continue making new versions over the years.
All of the mods are created on PC's.

Giants worked hard to make this game playable on consoles in order to make this game available to you.

So, please explain to all of us why you think that you deserve more then PC users?
You choose to play this game on cheaply purchased consoles, controlled by companies that insist on micromanaging updates and mods.

When will you learn that your console is simply not as powerful as even a mid level gaming computer?
I see friends often buying new consoles in order to play the latest games. I've had this PC for 10 years and in that time I've only upgraded the graphics card once and added more ram once. Yet I can still play the latest games at high - extreme graphics (which are higher then what consoles can handle) for around the same long term financial commitment my friends have made.

If you want a console because it's easier to use and setup, that's ok. But you also need to accept that easier comes with limitations.

Stop blaming Giants and mod makers for your choice to use a platform that has delays and limits in it's capabilities. It's YOUR FAULT for choosing a console.


With kind regards,

A PC user.
How about the bitter truth that most game developers rely on the raw power of PC hardware instead of optimizing their game for low spec hardware?
Consoles are doing a great job on forcing developers to optimize their code and make it run on lower specs as good as on higher specs.
Did you ever even see Detroit: Become Human and RDR2 in PS4 Pro? Probably not.
Consoles are not incapable, developers are taking the easy path. That is the truth no one really wants to speak out loud in the industry.
There is an other bitter truth and it is the fact that PC gamers have the ability to install cracked versions of games, which is basically stealing, instead of paying for them.
As consoles don't have that option, all developers make more money on consoles than PC. Why else do you think they even bother to release a game for consoles through a very very difficult path?
You simply have no idea what you are talking about. You are just spitting out memorised junk and hatred.
I'd just like to point out that games like GTA and RDR2 have budgets that are 10x if not 100x bigger than a game like FS19. They have a lot more resources for optimization, which giants dont.
Its true that you have less piracy on consoles. But you are limited to exactly what Sony and Microsoft demands. So they need purchase devkits, and are limited to their stores.
Also note that EVEN GTA looked way better when it came to PC. RDR2 will probably do the same if it ever comes to PC.
Way to many people make ridiculous comparisons between big AAA games and FS on this forum, when they really shouldnt.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 am
by RODHA
^^ Did I say anything about FS in my post?

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:28 am
by sila0164
RODHA wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 am
^^ Did I say anything about FS in my post?
You did reply to a post that did talk about FS. So I kind of figured you did.

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.2. 12.12.2018

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:12 am
by GSD84
Come on Microsoft and Sony !! Pc allreddy have the update