[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Lisertan »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:27 pm Hey, thank you for answering my last question.

I hope I'm not coming across impatient with this question. I just kind of like to know what behind the scenes looks like there in Giants HQ,

1. How many days on average does a map get tested for glitches?

2. On average how many days does it take to test tractors/implements?

Once again you guys rock. Those guys in the testing department are the real unsung heroes of this game. They get the ire of the community for taking "way too long" to test things, then get ire for not testing things better. They deserve a round of good beverages every Friday.
Depends (for both) It takes a few hours to test something, but if a map has issues (as an example) we send it back, get a new version and test it again. So it can be from a few hours to several days. If everything is going smooth, it's done in 2 -3 hours.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Mancsguy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 pm My question is if there is any sign of the greenhouses and beehives making a return in FS19 , I need somewhere to use the solid manure from my pigs and cows
Seen that a lot, can't promise anything. Sorry.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Enzou wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:24 pm Why does synchronation with other players take so long on multiplayer with dedicated server and 280h on savegame?
We have restarted server completely, on server seller site and game managing site..
The time is usually defined by the player with the weakest internet connection. As all data needs to be shared between you all, the one with the slow connection is slowing all of you down.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

joshilar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 pm Will the equiptment from the horsch dlc/modpack from fs17 be coming to fs19?
HORSCH announced a free FS19 DLC, so yes.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Haulass7412 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:26 am Not sure if this question has already been asked but will there be seasons in FS19?
Not from our side, but I know for sure modders look into this already.
Community Manager

markare

Post by markare »

Hey Lis.
Just an idea, it may or may not work for you guys but here goes.

Would it be possible for someone from your team to post at the end of the week with a run down of what's been going on in the office, ie bugs being looked at, tweaks being made, progress on dlc, etc

It may help put a stop to the myth that is flying around the forum that giants no longer listen to their fanbase/customers.

The end of a working week, even if it is a bullet pointed thread with basic info, no need for full blown explanations for each thing. Just a rough idea, like xyz has been working in the bale problems and have it narrowed down hopefully a fix will be available soon, xyz has found the underlying problem with thi feature and has pinpointed a solution, etc etc ( hopefully that made some sort of sense)

On a side note, I've also seen it discussed here, how about posting in here what gets put onto discord. I pretty sure you have a lot more people that use the forums than actually use discord.
It's easy enough to copy paste what goes into discord and place it here.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Maenoooh

Post by Maenoooh »

It would be very weird if Giants will tell us everything they are doing. Then they can’t keep an announcement as a secret and it would be a waste of time to mention everything they did.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:41 am
IceUul wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 am How the licensing work in FS19?
Same as always. We talk to the company and see what they want and what we want. Sometimes that mean longtime partnerships sometimes it means to only have a few vehicles for one game ect. It's basically a case to case thing.
Thanks for the answer!

One more question came up with same topic.

Does anybody pay to other side? I mean does Giants pay to manufacturers to get they products inside the game or does
companies pay to Giants to get they products showed in the game?
markare

Post by markare »

They can keep announcements secret, if you read what I said, not full blown information, just bullet points, such as we are x amount of days from making an announcement about a dlc, we are x amount of days from finalising a patch, we have been working on xyz bugs and are amount of progress through a fix for it.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 am
JD92 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 pm why do machines consume so little fuel? it is more frequent to make repairs than fuel .. are you going to consume more? to reverse the repair parameters with fuel or leave it like this? thank you.
That's a gameplay decision to keep the game fun to play. Sometimes you have to forget about what's realistic to keep the game fun.
Sorry Liz, but with all the respect I have for you and your team, the game is called Farming SIMULATOR!

So please send feedback to the Dev team to add an option for fuel comsuption "Arcade (like actually) or Simulator (which should be 3 or 4 times faster).

Thanks
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
garyst

Post by garyst »

Hello Lisertan my question is why doesn't the in game stara and new holland sp400 mod self propelled sprayers spray at 15 mph like the hardi sprayer does?
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:12 pm
Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 am
JD92 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 pm why do machines consume so little fuel? it is more frequent to make repairs than fuel .. are you going to consume more? to reverse the repair parameters with fuel or leave it like this? thank you.
That's a gameplay decision to keep the game fun to play. Sometimes you have to forget about what's realistic to keep the game fun.
Sorry Liz, but with all the respect I have for you and your team, the game is called Farming SIMULATOR!

So please send feedback to the Dev team to add an option for fuel comsuption "Arcade (like actually) or Simulator (which should be 3 or 4 times faster).

Thanks
yes it would be nice to have a low,default, realistic settings so as to give us a choice to pick pick how much "Fun" we want to have.Please pass this on to the dev team.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

Hi Lis! Could you know when we will have the first information for the FarmCon19? In order to organize the work and be able to come here !!
john6430

Post by john6430 »

Question: You said that now in the update you can "plant" grass. But how does it work. Like a new mode in there or just automatic. And will we able to plant different crops ?
Thanks, john6430
mrmayhem17

Post by mrmayhem17 »

hello lis,

simple question: is MF 4709 going to be uploaded as a mod for fs19?

keep up the great work BTW.