[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Smith Modding

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Smith Modding »

Ctighe wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 pm My question are mods tested in order recived or are they hand picked ? I feel by not getting maps out which seems to be what most want at this stage gaints are shooting them selves in the foot as when fs21 is released I feel sales might be slow as a lot will wait to see what happens a lot of the community are annoyed by this topic going by the forums
Mods are tested in the order they are received. It would be unfair if they tested mods based on what a few people wanted because then modders who are new and trying to get a start in modding would never get their mods tested. Just be patient and maps and stuff will come :wink3:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Ctighe

Post by Ctighe »

I’m happy to wait I’m back playing fs17 at d moment just every forum ,discord or Facebook are full of people complaining 👍🏻
robofarmer

Post by robofarmer »

I would like to ask Lisertan to please listen to the fans and release NEW MAPS. Why oh why are you releasing pointless mods when 90% of people want NEW MAPS.

I have only played FS19 on launch day. Like allot of people I am very disappointed with the 2 maps available at launch. Neither appeal to me. I am back playing FS17 for now as the maps are better.

There is so many talented modders out there, Giants should have worked with them and released a selection of maps on launch day to cater for the fans all around the world. For example I am from the UK and only like playing UK maps. Farming Simulator is such a good game but what really makes it, is the maps made by the modders.

You only have to look at every time Giants post an update on their social media pages, they recieve hundreds of complaints from gamers asking why we're getting more recylced machinery mods when the gamers repeatedly ask for NEW MAPS. I don't understand giants, its as if they like the constant criticism.. but they could end 90% of negative comments they receive by releasing new maps.

There is a very good UK modder who is very popular because of his skills and fine detail. He is called Oxygendavid.
He has created some incredible maps over the years.
- Shamrock Valley / OakField Farm / AGROVATION / Thornton Farm / Sandy Bay 17
- Chellington 17 (One of my favourite maps, played hundreds of hours on this map)

Oxygendavid has created a fantastic map for FS19 called Marwell Manor and submitted it but it sounds like he is being messed about by giants.

Here is a first look of the map on youtube, looks fantastic >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY9efsr-1K0&t=2s

Oxygendavid posted an update on his facebook page as he is receiving daily messages from fans asking why his map is still not available on MODHUB. (https://www.facebook.com/OxygenDavidFS)

Oxygendavid message on facebook
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I thought id update you on marwell as i am getting lots and lots of questions.
While giants were so say testing it a few weeks ago when it was on the giants test list I asked if i could update the version to a newer version.
The newer version had fixes which would require a new save game i didnt want them to release it and for you all to have to start a new save game.
So they agreed and I sent it to them 5 mins later, this was a few weeks ago and they have still not tested it and its still in pending...so maybe in a few weeks or months it will finally get released.
I know its very frustrating ..it is for me as well when i worked hard and fast as i could so you could all have a map to play on asap....I sent the map into testing before xmas.
both console and pc versions are with pending testing.
We will have to continue to be patient.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Don’t you realise how long it takes to make maps and get them released on console ? Most of time they fail and have to be fixed and re-submitted. So they go back to the bottom of the test list. They cannot release them if they don’t pass test !
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wadeeb

Post by wadeeb »

drb wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:38 pm How is Giants going to address the absolute mess that the Farming Simulator modding community is outside of the Giants Modhub? (No centralized website to find mod listings, rampant mod theft, paid mods in violation of copyright laws, etc.)

Have you considered creating a new sub-forum in the "modding" forum, designated as a place for mod authors to advertise their mods? If Giants would encourage this and lay down some rules regarding how mods may be listed (each mod gets a single thread, the title of the thread must be formatted in a particular way to easily identify what the mod contains, mod listings go only in the mod listing sub-forum, etc.), users would not have to wade through endless sketchy websites to attempt to find the original author's hosting site.

Giants would not have the manpower to test all the mods, if every mod were submitted to the Modhub. Giants needs to sanction/endorse a specific place to post the untested mods. A designated sub-forum would be ideal for this, as the end users of the mods can discuss the quality and report bugs right below the listing of the mod. Why haven't you done this Lisertan?

If you want a good example of how this sort of system works well, I encourage you to look at the Kerbal Space Program modding forum as an example. I've never seen mod theft in that community.
Expecting Giants to police the Internet for mods they have not created is not realistic or maybe even legally possible. They have created a controlled place for mod releases. Their Modhub. I feel your pain, I have been playing since FS13 and still don't understand why people want to "steal" mods and claim them as their own and create unrealistic mods that are full of bugs. I have limited my mod sites to just a handful now and am almost at the point of only using the modhub.
Johnd7930

Post by Johnd7930 »

robofarmer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:37 pm I would like to ask Lisertan to please listen to the fans and release NEW MAPS. Why oh why are you releasing pointless mods when 90% of people want NEW MAPS.

I have only played FS19 on launch day. Like allot of people I am very disappointed with the 2 maps available at launch. Neither appeal to me. I am back playing FS17 for now as the maps are better.

There is so many talented modders out there, Giants should have worked with them and released a selection of maps on launch day to cater for the fans all around the world. For example I am from the UK and only like playing UK maps. Farming Simulator is such a good game but what really makes it, is the maps made by the modders.

You only have to look at every time Giants post an update on their social media pages, they recieve hundreds of complaints from gamers asking why we're getting more recylced machinery mods when the gamers repeatedly ask for NEW MAPS. I don't understand giants, its as if they like the constant criticism.. but they could end 90% of negative comments they receive by releasing new maps.

😌👍🏻
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Does anyone have patience these days? I played fs13 and fs15 with no mod maps
Spitfire55

Post by Spitfire55 »

There's a Seed Mod on the ModHub to refill seeds/fertiliser etc , it costs more to fill from these tanks..

Can you offer any advice how i can make it so these silos cost the same as the bags ?
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Any plans to add additional functions to the Kuhn Primor 15070 M in the future? It is far capable and designed for more than just blowing straw.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
apokf98

Post by apokf98 »

what light quality actually does?
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Johnd7930 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:31 pm
robofarmer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:37 pm I would like to ask Lisertan to please listen to the fans and release NEW MAPS. Why oh why are you releasing pointless mods when 90% of people want NEW MAPS.

😌👍🏻
Simply put Giants test in the order they recieve mods. A 3 meter cultivator is much simpler to make and test.Modders also have to get used to the new tools and that can take time.The CM has no say on what and when they get released.I wish people with 5 to 10 post would do some research and not have every post about what mod they want or demand maps get released. MAKE THEM YOURSELFS if your that desperate. You will be dissapointed to find out your map needs to wait to be tested just like everything else. Maps don't get fasttracked to the front just to make people happy. Be happy we have mods and have a CM that keeps us up to date the best he can and doesn't spend all day deleting post he don't like unlike other companies.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

robofarmer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:37 pmAGROVATION
Oxygendavid has got nothing to do with AGROVATION.
That map wasn't even close to David's map quality.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
PS5 / FS22
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Add FS19 geforce experience?
Ehizan

Post by Ehizan »

The community that speaks Spanish is very abandoned, it would be very good to add a sub forum in Spanish, I could administer it if needed.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

ohh yes! why not in italian?