[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Lisertan »

JD92 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:12 pm have you sold more copies for pc or consoles?
No idea.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

SENDIT wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm Hello Lis! I hope all is going well!

This may be in the wrong place in which case i apologize. I want to try my hand at modding to be a part of that community but I use a mac. Is it possible to make mods to submit to console on a mac or is it only supported on PC operation systems.

Also what is your favorite tractor in game? Your workhorse if you will?

Thanks!

Steven Hein
AFAIK, the GE does not run on a Mac, so you'd need to emulate a PC (I'm no Mac expert, but I know there are tools).

I love the Big Bud 747, that's my #1.

My go to tractors however, are all Valtra. I just love this company. The Valtra guys are awesome.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Frick wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 pm Have you considered to release a beta version of the game before the next game is due?
Or having for example MrSealyp try out the next release and having him helping you with glitches etc before it is out?
Or even better, do what so many other developers do, send the game in beta to some trusted You-tubers and let them play and show the rest of us what a wonderful game it is so we all buy it when it is released. Is that something you could consider?

We run a lot of betas actually, they are just not public. We bring players and modders into the office and let them test the game in and out months before release. An open beta is not on our list, but who knows.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Valkyrie42 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:05 am Is there any progress or plans on fixing the AI Helper system? FS17 had a much better, and actually intelligent helpers, than FS19. It seems like a huge step backwards for the very useful feature of the base game that doesn't even want to work properly sometimes.

I say this because it frustrates me that a helper with plenty of room chooses to use the quickest turn around method, whereas when they are a bit more limited they just run into things for no reason that they never should have gone near. It seems that the object detection is broken, and an AI helper gets as close as physically possible, usually resulting in them saying they are blocked by an object, even though they should have used a different method of turning around in the first place to avoid that situation all together.

TL;DR: AI helpers in FS19 are pretty stupid in comparison to FS17, and need a serious rework to make dealing with them less annoying. Put the "Intelligence" back in, please. Workers driving halfway into an adjacent field just to turn around is dumb.

We are constantly working on the helper. That guy is a constant pain, but we will get there!
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:43 am
Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:32 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:21 pm

The landacaping tool is awesome but its a little sketchy.
Will we ever be able to terraform or place things on land where trees were removed?
Also placing a building where a building used to be is nearly impossible.
Is there a fix for this?
Not in the near future. That being said, the landscaping tool is here to stay and we will improve on what has been build so far in the future.
OK. Tell me if im reading into this wrong.
It is pointless to clear trees off your land to place buildings?
EDIT:Idea for Next landscaping tool-one that deletes any existence of a tree from the map.
This is more of a general answer, but I'll use your question for now, Taco.

We have several ideas for the next landscaping tool as we got LOTS of great feedback. Most of it will not make it into FS19 anymore, but as mentioned before, the tool is here to stay and we want to improve on it.
Community Manager

Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

I Was in a forum previously of someone talking about a chicken transport trailer, and was wondering if there is any plans to add a chicken transport trailer as currently we are forced to pay a $25 fee for transporting chickens. As there's no way to manually transport them as it stands in game right now.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

petorious wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:19 pm I appreciate you answering but could of you not asked the guy on the next desk or make a quick phone call to get an answer, I appreciate your busy with many questions but that reply of yours is a bit wet and lacking substance. A better reply would of been a "yes" or "no" or "I will get back with an answer soon"

Not one to moan but having a poor answer like that doesn't instill much confidence in the team.

Pete.
Good question. As I have little time and a LOT of questions to answer, I try to make them short, but sometimes they are too short and might need a bit more context. You are right.

If I say "no idea" in this case, then it's actually not necessary only me, but everyone I can ask as well.

As for the mods: We have a plan of what to release, but if something is not on that plan, then that does not necessarily mean it won't come. That's why I have no idea. The longer answer would be "There are not plans right now, but that might or might not change at any point"
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

mirceast19 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 pm
Lisertan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:23 am
mirceast19 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:44 pm Do you, Lisertan, play FS19? (sorry to ask this, but I dont know if you play it or you are just a spokesperson who has never played FS)

Did you play / test the game before 1.0 was released? More than 1 hour? Ravenport?
Did you perform a full work on a standard field (wheat, for example)? But same jobs with the workers on a standard field?

* full work = you know: cultivate, sow, harvest; maybe weeds and spraying
* standard field = not all fields, just the first ones that we got in easy mode (ex. field no 19 in Ravenport)
Yes, I play it. Mostly Multiplayer to be honest, I'm not a big fan of singleplayer games in general, Love playing with friends.
I hope you are not a troll and you can answer all the questions seriously. I didn't asked what do you like to do. I asked if you played (/ tested) the game before 1.0 was released? More than 1 hour? Ravenport?
Yes, in multiplayer, as I said (for me that is).

We furthermore have a QA team testing the game like crazy for months, on both maps, in singleplayer and multiplayer.
We also bring in modders and some other players to beta test the game (again, for months)

So we test it a lot.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm Hey Smith, he answered 1 out of 5 questions. Is there a problem with being disappointed when questions are avoided?
Not avoiding anything on purpose. If it happens, just remind me, that's fine :)
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

throsbi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 pm was wondering how long it would take for the toxicity of modern day gamers to show up.

My next quandary is how long before the toxicity causes the thread to become locked and we loose the one opportunity provided to get some sort of incite.
Not going to happen, no worries. I might not keep the thread open forever anyway, but for now it's my best chance to see the questions as I simply do not have the time to read everything (I still try btw).
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

dapals51 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:13 am Any chance of hog confinement or monoslpoe cattle yards will be available at some point for console as those are pretty standard in USA?

Thanks
There are no plans for it right now.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:06 pm Do you know if the Holmer pack will make a return?
There are no plans for a Holmer pack right now.
Community Manager

saracaen

Post by saracaen »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:44 am My go to tractors however, are all Valtra. I just love this company. The Valtra guys are awesome.
Really? Because the Valtra's in FS 19 are honestly not great. The N and T series are non-realistic fantasy editions (mixed electronic and manual spool valves), and the indoor camera in the T series is terrible. And there are various texture issues on all of them.
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

ianedwards wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 pm Hi, my first ever question on here may sound a bit pants , but here we go

As previously answered in another question a map only takes a few hrs to test,

My question is, if said mod map had been sent in before christmas , how come said mod map wouldn’t have been tested yet, and said mod map is still at pending at the creators end ?

Cheers

Ian
I hope it's OK if I take this one for all the "why does mod testing take ages right now" questions.

Our QA team took a significant hit when it comes to manpower. The former QA lead has taken over new responsibilities and one of the QA guys is in hospital right now, getting surgery. Ken (aka Lethian) became the new QA lead and we are in the process of filling the ranks, however hiring takes some time. That's why mods take ages right now and we are not happy with it either. We do our best. Once QA has new people, things will get way better again.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Ctighe wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 pm My question are mods tested in order recived or are they hand picked ? I feel by not getting maps out which seems to be what most want at this stage gaints are shooting them selves in the foot as when fs21 is released I feel sales might be slow as a lot will wait to see what happens a lot of the community are annoyed by this topic going by the forums
In order received. Seems strange right now as we have so many and order received does not mean that the most requested ones are the first in testing, however, as mentioned in my previous answer: Things will get better soon.
Community Manager