[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Lisertan »

FarmDemAcres wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:11 am Hi Lis,

Thanks for creating this thread. When we read your reply in the forum Daily Updates - Mods currently in testing [Console/PC] and your only comment is "update" should we assume this is some sort of "autoupdate" or what do you want us to think? Thanks again
That just means the first post has been updated.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Sparky22

Post by Sparky22 »

Hi Listeran,

Are they any plans to bring back multi direction field textures in a future update like what was in FS17 ? I dont know why this was removed. Its already very annoying when ploughing and the texture on the field is not going the same way as im ploughing. Not very realistic either.

Thanks Listeran
zPaulGodZz

Post by zPaulGodZz »

Hi Lisertan,

My question is simple (if you can answer it): Are you guys planning to change the game engine for the next game?
The Giants Engine (in my opinion, I'm not an expert) seems a little backward compared to others game engines.
I know a lot of people do not have a powerful PC, so Giants is afraid the game will not be bought. (you know that you can lower the settings for better performance, don't you know?).

Thanks
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:03 pm
ianedwards wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 pm Hi, my first ever question on here may sound a bit pants , but here we go

As previously answered in another question a map only takes a few hrs to test,

My question is, if said mod map had been sent in before christmas , how come said mod map wouldn’t have been tested yet, and said mod map is still at pending at the creators end ?

Cheers

Ian
I hope it's OK if I take this one for all the "why does mod testing take ages right now" questions.

Our QA team took a significant hit when it comes to manpower. The former QA lead has taken over new responsibilities and one of the QA guys is in hospital right now, getting surgery. Ken (aka Lethian) became the new QA lead and we are in the process of filling the ranks, however hiring takes some time. That's why mods take ages right now and we are not happy with it either. We do our best. Once QA has new people, things will get way better again.
First off let me say I hope your guy get's better soon and it is nothing too serious. I watch a lot of live streams Landy ,Rainbow Dave ,VF etc and there are more and more people saying in the streams that they have stopped playing 19 because of the lack of a new map.
Perhaps given the limited resources you currently have an exception could be made to try and get a map through a bit sooner.
vilmis50

Post by vilmis50 »

Why is there no 600R meize header for ROSTSELMASH RSM F 2650?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:40 am
blue_painted wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:42 pm Given that Seasons (or Seasons-alike) was not included in FS19 because FS19 was already in development, do you know when planning for FS2021 (or whatever its called) will start? And if the answer is "already" then is a Seasons-alike in that planning?
Our higher ups just started the conversation about the next game. However, that's not REALLY planning right now. The focus lies on the next patch and the fixes in there. So I can't answer that right now.
That was a perfectly good answer, thank you very much. :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

When is the next patch?
ianedwards

Post by ianedwards »

Thanks for answering my question, I was only trying to get a point across, as a certain modder is trying his best to get a map out to satisfy the community , he’s had to defend himself on social media already as he’s started having grief over it , I know it’s not fair on any one , and now we know why they are delayed , it’s a shame not everyone reads and understands how this process works,

Thanks for enlightening us and hope all goes smooth in the future 👍

Ian
Frick

Post by Frick »

I am very grateful that you take time to answer questions. Thank you!
Some new ones:
1. After months of testing the game were you aware of most bugs when you launched it?
2. Were you prepared for the negative response from some buyers? I e “to many bugs”
3. Do you think this has hurt your image?
allstops

Post by allstops »

Is FS19 coming to Nintendo Switch? Any estimated timetable?
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

Any chance a patch is coming to deal with the broken planters? (MAESTRO 12 and both Tempos)
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Hi

Great game and a great thread, think I will spend some time reading here. Keep up the good work. I have a lot of questions, so will try to limit them into here, hopefully not questions already answered.

1) I really prefer filling stations (lime, seed, fertilizer, etc) or storage/silo that accept these, that I would have to refill myself with trailers. At this point I use Auger wagons, but they don't support Lime. Will auger wagons accept lime in the future, and will there come a storage building/silo to store lime/seed/fertilizer?

2) I miss the weather report page we had in fs15. I would like to see something like that again. A good feature related to weather reports, would be the need to water the fields during dry weather, f.ex to save or not loose the crop. Is that something that would be added to the game in the future?

3) Will there be possible to accept and handle multiple contract jobs? (at the moment only 1 at a time). In multiplayer, when co-op, I think there should be possible for each farmer to do at least one contract each. (played with a friend, and we worked together on a farm, but could only do one contract at a time (1 had to just sit and watch and became bored))

4) Will horses be allowed to breed like the other animals?

5) Would hiring of more permanent employees to the farm be possible in the future?
For example hire staff that take care of the horse-training, staff that take care of the feeding for each animal-group (you just need to make sure you have the food in storage and own/lease the equipment needed), staff that cleans the animals feeding areas, staff required to let animal breed, staff that do contracts for you etc.

6) Are you considering any new crop in future releases/DLC?

7) Will farmhouse get more functions than just sleep? (ex order of delivery of seed/fert/lime/food, managing staff, an overview of the days expected work etc)

Thanks
PC
Norway
Ctighe

Post by Ctighe »

If a mod fails testing say today and is fixed and resubmitted tomorrow does that mean it goes bottom of list again I think it’s hard for a modder if it fails on something simple that they have to wait months again for it to be tested I feel some modders will get annoyed with this and could give up
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Just happened to think of this and thought it’d ask, do you have any ideas moving forward about creating a new homemade game engine or optimizing the one y’all have now to add dynamic ground, Ik y’all said y’all tested it and just wondered about possible engine changed or updates
JohnDeere496091

Post by JohnDeere496091 »

When will the 6M that was in testing for Xbox and PS4 be out? I saw it was in testing and I thought it would be out this week. Did it fail testing?