[FS19] Patch 1.3.0 Beta Branch For Windows

RODHA

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.3.0 Beta Branch For Windows

Post by RODHA »

I don't think they care about any part of the community other than the modders and youtubers they work with.
PS5 / FS22
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I believe the communty feels like there is a lack of communication on their end and that should be addressed and brought to their attention, but to say they don't care is reckless and unconstructive.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

- Cotton harvester and JD S790 still slide forward during unloading (with the JD it's only noticeable if it's stopped obviously).
- Still no "GPS" steering or even AR markers to help line up tools and stay in line.

And the repeat AI issues:
- AI still has issues with ploughs - at random times will stop at field edge and repeatedly lifting and lowering it after turning without going anywhere, and without causing an error.
- AI still stops spraying before reaching the field edge and will turn around into traffic (and trains) without accounting for the sprayer arms.
- AI still skips parts of field to avoid traffic when turning around, instead of letting traffic pass before turning around.
- When AI and field edges aren't at perfect north-south or east-west angles, the AI will happily cross a road to destroy crops in the neighbouring fields instead of turning around to stay in its assigned field - this happens all the time with the big fields on Ravenport, but will happen on any map with fields that aren't perfectly rectangular.
- AI will still reverse halfway down the field to avoid working the entire field along the last edge because it gets scared of trees (and other stuff) outside the field.
- AI still fails to do proper 3-point turns to stay inside the field and off the grass borders (where no farm equipment should ever go). I find that with FS19 it more often resorts to O-turns than previous games.

Having to circle the headland before using the AI helpers is not realistic and seriously should not be necessary after 10 years of having the AI helpers in Farming Simulator. The CoursePlay guys figured out how to make helpers work properly, why can't Giants?
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

SteelRodent wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 pm The CoursePlay guys figured out how to make helpers work properly, why can't Giants?
Very good point.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I expect that the reason the CoursePlay team got AI workers figured out is because they can throw the power of a PC at the problem. Giants won't do anything that cannot work on consoles, so the AI is very limited.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Sgt_UberGrunt

Post by Sgt_UberGrunt »

gordon861 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:06 am I expect that the reason the CoursePlay team got AI workers figured out is because they can throw the power of a PC at the problem. Giants won't do anything that cannot work on consoles, so the AI is very limited.
Well the ps4/xb1 have 8gb of ram and 8core cpus with decent gpu power, theres no excuse for console limits other than poor code when games like bloodbourne or God of war are MUCH more demanding, its a cop out really.
Guil

Post by Guil »

PS4 has 5.5gb usable, the rest is reserved for the system. It's a valid point though even if you don't agree with it, FS may not be the most graphically demanding game but it is not like most other games.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 am PS4 has 5.5gb usable...
Thats for Pro. Regular PS4 has only 5GB :sadnew:
It is really hard to understand this. Even back in 2014 5GB of RAM was not enough for gaming.
I hope PS5 comes with at least 32GB of RAM.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

PS4 came out at the end of 2013 if I'm not mistaken but to be fair I don't think any games would have required even half the ram available but that's only a wild guess.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:06 am
Guil wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 am PS4 has 5.5gb usable...
Thats for Pro. Regular PS4 has only 5GB :sadnew:
It is really hard to understand this. Even back in 2014 5GB of RAM was not enough for gaming.
I hope PS5 comes with at least 32GB of RAM.
There is a lot of speculation that the PS5 and XBOX "Two" platforms will only have 12-16GB of RAM however it is only speculation at this point and aparently we won't know for sure until 2020
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I hope they don't make a 16 GB mistake. It is kind of necessary even now. 2020 and beyond will definitely require more.
PS5 / FS22
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Even with all the available RAM/CPU, the big thing that companies like about writing for consoles is that they are pretty much locked down at a system level so you are sure of the capabilities of the unit. Where as with a PC the OS has to be more open to allow for all sorts of hardware configurations, this also means that what you can do in a program is also less restricted.

I'm not trying to start a PC vs Console war here but due to their design/nature a console will be more limited than a PC. But if you want a good value stable platform that you can just plug in and go, buy a console.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm I hope they don't make a 16 GB mistake. It is kind of necessary even now. 2020 and beyond will definitely require more.
I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to build a gaming PC now with less than 16GB, I would even suggest ensuring that you have additional space for upgrades too.
--------------
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

This is not a problem with the console (PS, Xbox). To date, it has beautiful graphics (fixed 30 and fixed 60 fps). SoTR, Forza series, RDR2, BF1 and 5, FC5 and New Dawn and all with almost fixed fps, even on plain consoles.
It's a matter of graphic engine and optimization.
The FS19 console is still deciding, but an AI worker and the fps dropp.
I would end up with: nerf graphics, just have a fixed fps console ...
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 pm Hello, everybody,

Today, we’re happy to roll out a patch...
Knock, Knock.
Is anybody home?
Anyone else working to finish this game?
This spring, this season? Need more seasons?

Are you still happy? Because I'm not. And the others do not seem to enjoy too much of how you communicate and how you started this game in autumn. Tomorrow is spring time. And you still seem stuck in the ground.

Of course you can organize meetings, presentations, partnerships, leagues, championships etc. But, first of all, don't you think you should set up this game released last year in November?

No updates? 1.4? 1.5? A final update? When? 2019?