[1.3 Prep] Bug Report Archiving

Skunkworks

Re: [1.3 Prep] Bug Report Archiving

Post by Skunkworks »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:10 pm On one hand, I'm tempted to make a dozen bugs reports stating "various bugs and issues" with the details of "you figure it out" because that's how insulting I see the patch notes for 1.3; but all that would do is make more work for Guil and probably get me banned.

With that being said, is Giants actually going to respond to the bug reports we spend effort on putting in? I put in 6 or so bug reports for 1.2 with zero response and only one of them has been addressed in 1.3. If the interaction is going to be the same as prior, I'll just not waste my time.
Absolutely agree, and now I cannot even use my old image links as the 20 or so bugs I added NONE have been addressed and I have to do them all over again, this is a joke and a insult to your customers. I cannot believe how backwards this launch have gone.
Guil

Post by Guil »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:10 pm On one hand, I'm tempted to make a dozen bugs reports stating "various bugs and issues" with the details of "you figure it out" because that's how insulting I see the patch notes for 1.3; but all that would do is make more work for Guil and probably get me banned.

With that being said, is Giants actually going to respond to the bug reports we spend effort on putting in? I put in 6 or so bug reports for 1.2 with zero response and only one of them has been addressed in 1.3. If the interaction is going to be the same as prior, I'll just not waste my time.
While I agree it may become tedious or you may be thinking why bother, Giants are in a better position now than they were when the game was released.
Skunkworks wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Absolutely agree, and now I cannot even use my old image links as the 20 or so bugs I added NONE have been addressed and I have to do them all over again, this is a joke and a insult to your customers. I cannot believe how backwards this launch have gone.
As above really but just an FYI, you can get the links for the pictures without out editing any posts. Simply open a second window and go to the post, on a phone press and hold the pic and copy the address, on a pc right click and copy the image link. Paste that link in the new thread.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 am Hello folks,

today (March 19), we'll archive the current threads in the Bug-Forum before 10:30 AM CET to provide a better overview for you and us as to which Bugs are going to be found in 1.3.

Old threads can still be used and can then be found in the Bug Report Archive, while the new forum will be found here.
Cheers
Chris
@ Guil : I hope I do not break any rules if I ask that.

Ok, so you launched the game in November. Then 1.0, 1.2, 1.3. Still there are bugs. Im sorry Im not a tester or a bugs hunter, but I ask you:
What is the next step?
We need 1.4 now?
1.4 beta patch?
Then 1.4 patch?
Another 1 or 3 months of waiting for 1.4?

I have all the patience in the world, but 4 months ago I paid for a game that I thought it works as it should, not for a beta game for testers, that needs more months of testing and has unfinished bugs.

How long will I have to wait?

@ Guil : Again I hope I do not break any rules if I ask that. Have a nice day!
2004neonsrt4

Post by 2004neonsrt4 »

Xb1
Davenport map
Just updated 1.3

The main viewing screen isnt formated for the tv. Speedo, money and control all have the edges cut so you cant see them.
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

Most of the issues have not been fixed, despite having been posted repeatedly. So honestly, why the hell should we even bother? At this rate GIANTS can keep the upcoming DLC. I won't be buying any of it, nor will I be buying any future games with this attitude.

To say that we should just repost all bug reports is unacceptable. The fact that the game is a buggy pile of sh*t is not our problem, and the burden to fix it lies solely with GIANTS. If they keep this up I doubt there will be much of a future for the series.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 am
Hello folks,
oday (March 19), we'll archive the current threads in the Bug-Forum before 10:30 AM CET to provide a better overview for you and us as to which Bugs are going to be found in 1.3.

Old threads can still be used and can then be found in the Bug Report Archive, while the new forum will be found here.
Cheers
Chris
Chris, I had posted this to another thread but I still wanted to post it here too in the hopes that I might get an answer. But please keep in mind that this is just an example. There are hundreds of things like that.

JD S790 combine has a header attachment bug. The header just doesn't attach properly. It has been filed as a bug report may be more than a dozen times + countless threads and conversations all over the forum.

However, it has not been fixed with 1.2 or with 1.3. And no one ever says anything about why it is not fixed.

You see the problem here? I have a full time job just as yourself and that gives me only a limited free time. And I spend some of that limited time for filing a bug report that no one gives a damn about. Yet you still ask us to file bug reports? Why? Plaese just give me a reason why I should be spending my extremely valuable free time to file bug reports while you (giants) don't show any respect to or even care about it? Most of the bug reports don't even get an indication if they have ever been read.

Can you understand this frustration? Please just say something.
PS5 / FS22
DirtDevil

Post by DirtDevil »

mirceast19 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:43 am Again the same story? You didnt tested before? We all are beta testers for you?
mirceast19 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 pm Ok, so you launched the game in November. Then 1.0, 1.2, 1.3. Still there are bugs. Im sorry Im not a tester or a bugs hunter, but I ask you:
What is the next step?
We need 1.4 now?
1.4 beta patch?
Then 1.4 patch?
Another 1 or 3 months of waiting for 1.4?

I have all the patience in the world, but 4 months ago I paid for a game that I thought it works as it should, not for a beta game for testers, that needs more months of testing and has unfinished bugs.

How long will I have to wait?
Could you please go somewhere else with your negative vibes.
If you thinking that you are beta tester on a game now, because of what you wrote above, I would recommen you not to buy any other game.
Next step, 1.4, wow you are good with a calc, you should be happy to even recieve that, they are not forced to make it for you, just as you was not forced to buy the game. Buying a game and thinking it works as it should, this is really your first game?

saracaen wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm Most of the issues have not been fixed, despite having been posted repeatedly. So honestly, why the hell should we even bother? At this rate GIANTS can keep the upcoming DLC. I won't be buying any of it, nor will I be buying any future games with this attitude.

To say that we should just repost all bug reports is unacceptable. The fact that the game is a buggy pile of sh*t is not our problem, and the burden to fix it lies solely with GIANTS. If they keep this up I doubt there will be much of a future for the series.
Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out, bye bye.

Giants, we are 4 farmers playing on a dedicated server since release day, we are over static for all the great hours we had so fare.
We never had any problem continue playing with the bugs we found, we just found another way of doing things on the farm meanwhile.
Thank you so much for continue supporting the game, we will be looking forward for many more hours of this game.

Will Anderson DLC only be available at Giant, or will I be able to buy it on Steam as well?
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Guil wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 pm While I agree it may become tedious or you may be thinking why bother, Giants are in a better position now than they were when the game was released.
(I'm not referring to my questions, but to all the questions of people. And I'm not referring to your answers, but to the answers of all Giants and mods.)

Do you think it's okay to only respond to harsh messages or that ones that violate the rules of forums, and the decent ones do not respond? I find this attitude here. If someone says or asks something bad that is condemned, he immediately receive an answer or take some actions against (warning, delete post, i dont know). But if someone asks a good question, he does not get an answer.
It is normal? I think it's legal, but not normal. What do you think about that?

It's dangerous that people will notice this attitude and, with the habit of being fined, will raise an illegal/hard questions just to get a quicker response.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:34 am
O5-Chris wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 am
Hello folks,
oday (March 19), we'll archive the current threads in the Bug-Forum before 10:30 AM CET to provide a better overview for you and us as to which Bugs are going to be found in 1.3.

Cheers
Chris
Chris, I had posted this to another thread but I still wanted to post it here too in the hopes that I might get an answer. But please keep in mind that this is just an example. There are hundreds of things like that.

JD S790 combine has a header attachment bug. The header just doesn't attach properly. It has been filed as a bug report may be more than a dozen times + countless threads and conversations all over the forum.

However, it has not been fixed with 1.2 or with 1.3. And no one ever says anything about why it is not fixed.

You see the problem here? I have a full time job just as yourself and that gives me only a limited free time. And I spend some of that limited time for filing a bug report that no one gives a damn about. Yet you still ask us to file bug reports? Why? Plaese just give me a reason why I should be spending my extremely valuable free time to file bug reports while you (giants) don't show any respect to or even care about it? Most of the bug reports don't even get an indication if they have ever been read.

Can you understand this frustration? Please just say something.
I cannot be agree more !

Unfortunately, you won't get any answer since they only give response to "easy" questions...That's how they seems to work.

If only they take has much time as they take regardin the launch / DLC to answer bug reports....but it won't happen..they prefer to try to sell something new prior to give respect to their customer.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:37 pm...they prefer to try to sell something new prior to give respect to their customer.
Pretty much the whole stroy that can cover almost all commercial companies all over the world.
PS5 / FS22
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Like others, I've listed a few bugs, including some through the dev forum.

TBH I'm getting a bit tired of providing bug details without any feedback, confirmation of receipt or bug report incident number; then finding after weeks they have not been addressed, despite advising multiple times after the beta's are dropped - in one case a fix was confirmed to be "in the next (1.2) patch" by a Giants dev(!!), and it wasn't.

Yeah, that's really "bugged" me.

How many times to you expect us to report the same things??

Other developers release full notes, including references to the fixed bugs' submission.

Am finding I'm spending loads of time in Blender just making stuff now, can't be bothered playing the game anymore...
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 pm Like others, I've listed a few bugs, including some through the dev forum.

TBH I'm getting a bit tired of providing bug details without any feedback, confirmation of receipt or bug report incident number; then finding after weeks they have not been addressed, despite advising multiple times after the beta's are dropped - in one case a fix was confirmed to be "in the next (1.2) patch" by a Giants dev(!!), and it wasn't.

Other developers release full notes, including references to the fixed bugs' submission.

Am finding I'm spending loads of time in Blender just making stuff now, can't be bothered playing the game anymore...
Im sorry to tell you, but it is just your fault. And all our fault because we bought the game.
Of course you can report a bug, if there is a kind of final version of game, not a beta for testers, not an unfinished game. And now it is not good that tens or hundreds people have reported so many bugs, now they have to do it again. Again! And if not what? It's people fault?!

They (Giants) must return to their offices, the mods need to close some forums, they need a big refresh of attitude, announce that they will launch the game again on... (when?) November 20, 2019 (ok, it's ok), take all the time in the world to fix this game and to come back out with a nice and better game in November. Otherwise, I just feel like we're just losing our time here and we all get angry, with nothing useful.

Im waiting for better days, but a better attitude.
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 pm Like others, I've listed a few bugs, including some through the dev forum.

This is GIANTS.... This is ... jah, and buy dlc because it's good for you *thumbsup*
galicije83

Post by galicije83 »

I give up on this game...still JD S790 header attachment isnt fix...
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

So, I need to point out very clearly that one of the "bugs" I'd reported (and referred to elsewhere in this particular thread) turns out to be something I was doing wrong... Yeah that's kinda embarrassing, but I'm also happy to admit my mistakes.

Would also like to make note how a Giants Dev responded to my post(s) and provided the help required. They're probably very busy trying to sort through all the "bugs", genuine problems and help requests received (in multiple languages) - to answer one specific fool like me is very much appreciated.

.... Any time spent in Blender is beneficial, now back to creating myself some cools FS19 mods and a new map. Perhaps some may even end up good enough for release .... :shock: :confusednew: :gamer: