[FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC - NOW AVAILABLE

HC1Gunner

Re: [FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC

Post by HC1Gunner »

I don't do a lot of cotton myself, I would rather have seen some new JD implements, like the JD 2680H High-Performance Disk in all its widths, or DB90 36Row30 Planter. Yes there's a mod released of the DB60, but it has serious bugs, and no one has fixed it. If I get a DLC from Giant, at least it will work properly. All the vanilla JD tractors, and not a single JD implement to be found yet as we hit (9) months since release.

https://www.deere.com/en/tillage/disks/ ... ance-disk/

https://www.deere.com/en/planting-equip ... 0-planter/
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 pm
IceUul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 am It is called greed, the players will be never satisfied! Even you put 10 more crops, all JD line up, 10 different maps, seasons in game, there will be still posts, "i want my old tractor" or "i want this onion harvester".
There are two sides of the greed coin. The Giants side says "let's withhold content from release and charge $5 for it later, marketing it as the Deere expansion".

After thinking about it, this DLC feels more like withheld content than actual new content. I can at least understand the Anderson DLC even though it is not my cup of tea.
If Giants gave everything all at launch it would lead to a duller gaming experience as you could not anticipate anything new. Also I am sure the base price of the game would have to go up. Meaning you would have to pay and have to have items you didn't want. You mentioned the Anderson DLC wasn't your cup of tea, and you got to choose whether to purchase it or not. Someone else mention that they don't do cotton, so they won't have to waste money on it. Loot boxes and pay to win are greed mechanics. I don't feel these DLCs really show greed and more a way to keep a franchise fresh for it's 24 month lifespan.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 pm I don't do a lot of cotton myself, I would rather have seen some new JD implements, like the JD 2680H High-Performance Disk in all its widths, or DB90 36Row30 Planter. Yes there's a mod released of the DB60, but it has serious bugs, and no one has fixed it. If I get a DLC from Giant, at least it will work properly. All the vanilla JD tractors, and not a single JD implement to be found yet as we hit (9) months since release.

https://www.deere.com/en/tillage/disks/ ... ance-disk/

https://www.deere.com/en/planting-equip ... 0-planter/
I wouldn't invest too much hope for a Deere implement. Planter possibly. Maybe a baler. Tillage? I highly doubt it.

Giants has affection for the various European mid-size brands that produce (almost exclusively) tillage and planting equipment. Horsch, Vaderstad, Lemken, Amazon, etc. have all been in the game for a while now. Quite frankly, as much as I am a Deere guy, a brand like Horsch should get special treatment. They have been in the game for a while and Michael Horsch himself embraces the franchise. With big brands, these others could be lost in the shuffle. I personally won't lose much sleep over such a fallout but several others would then be begging for more of those brands. When one person wins, another seems to lose. Short of supplying every piece for every single brand, there will always be requests.

All that said, I know there WILL be more Deere equipment coming. Yes, Deere did post news related to "an expansion" but don't expect a lot. There WILL be a few more pieces added later this fall, but not many.

What they will be, I do not know...this I can only speculate. Given that some new tractors are expected to be updated for this coming year...8R, 8RX, 6R & 6M...(and likely 9RX updates), these could merely be just upgrades with an additional piece or two. But, again...I do not know.

If the new 8R/8RX is one addition, this would essentially be a whole new model. Similar in appearance, with slightly new styling...but an expected rated horsepower range from 400 to (or near) 500

Since Deere has a couple models...a cane harvester is also a possibility. A new one is also on the way...a two-row model was on display in Brazil earlier this year. So, there are several possibilities but I am keeping expectations low.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

You know that fans wanted Deere to be added for a long time, and I suspect the when Giant approached Deere, that they came to some kind of agreement (a contract). I've been to tons of Farms shows in (3) different countries, and if you spend much time talking with Deere, they would rather see a JD implement being pulled behind their tractors. As bull-headed as Deere can be, one would have thought that in their agreement with Giant, some JD implements would have part of the deal. What I really need to do is find talented "mod group" that can create a mod from scratch (lot of work), and flat out pay them. I have no problem paying modders, most people would probably fall over if they knew how much I have paid out-to-date to modders. To me, its the modders that make this game so great!
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

personally I love anything this dlc and pay for it but I expected something more like a smaller machinery to work in principle hehehehe now this is for millionaires because it is extremely expensive so there cheaper machines but not put in this dlc so I would agree with the person who said that it is like retained content sounds more like that than some novelty since at the beginning only put very little content into the base game even so it's good Thank you
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
crash

Post by crash »

So whats the modules liters size on the John deere picker? I could read on jd`s site thaht is was 8 feet in diameter. i gues its 8 feet wide to, looks like it atleast.. :)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

I really was hoping for 1 or 2 small JD tractors + the quad track as well for all the JD fans including me.

Bhcc
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

crash wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:52 pm So whats the modules liters size on the John deere picker? I could read on jd`s site thaht is was 8 feet in diameter. i gues its 8 feet wide to, looks like it atleast.. :)
I believe they are 10,000 litres. Half of what the Case IH cotton picker is which I believe is 20,000 litres.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

HC1Gunner wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:11 pm You know that fans wanted Deere to be added for a long time, and I suspect the when Giant approached Deere, that they came to some kind of agreement (a contract).
As particular as Deere can be, you are over thinking this one just a little bit. I know how Deere came to be in the game and the general arrangement of the license. It's not as complex as many have made it out to be.

Many people (including myself) have theorized for years why Deere wasn't in the game and all the nonsense over the license and the cost.. When I was told what really was going on, I laughed. It was so simple and meaningless. All the drama was pointless and all over nothing.

Trust me, it's not overly complicated.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Trust me, no company the size of Deere would allow its name to be licensed or used any any way, shape or form, without "lawyers" being involved, and lawyers = something definitely on legal paper. The reason why they weren't in FS previously is pointless, no matter how simple it was. I know how corporate Deere thinks, and acts about it product line, there's a reason they operate in more that (30) countries.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:58 am Trust me, no company the size of Deere would allow its name to be licensed or used any any way, shape or form, without "lawyers" being involved, and lawyers = something definitely on legal paper. The reason why they weren't in FS previously is pointless, no matter how simple it was. I know how corporate Deere thinks, and acts about it product line, there's a reason they operate in more that (30) countries.
I know quite well how this all works...I'm not 15. I'm more than familiar with corporate Deere, the product line...past and present and have been for several decades.

When I say "I know"...it actually means 'I know'...first hand knowledge from a first hand source. So...I'll trust the information I've been given, not speculation.

License contracts are fairly run-of-the-mill. It certainly doesn't take a field of lawyers to handle a single deal like this. Yes, involved but certainly not a major undertaking. Deere has a licensing department for deals such as this. They are regularly occurring.

Far bigger issues go thru Deere than Farming simulator.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

And your point, that you have yet to make, I don't care how much you know, of if you John's second born son, and set on the board. Deere and Giant entered into some kind deal, and I'm sure both of them knew exactly what was going to be offered in the game. Could have been structured, or Deere could have just given Giant the freedom to create whatever they want.
Anyways, you're way off point of the main topic!
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Sometimes I spend 30 minutes on this forum. Some of those days I find that I've read all these posts, and still haven't gotten anything of substance. Just senseless arguing about something that is more or less irrelevant. Apparently today is one of those days. As for the DLC itself....

Yippee! A John Deere DLC. It's cheap too. I likely won't buy it. At least the option is there I spose. For 6 bucks though, what can we really expect. I don't see anything overly groundbreaking here. Just a cotton baler that makes round bales instead of square bales. Might be nice to have. I can't say I'm overly ecstatic about this one. Definitely hoped for the next expansion to be something more. This DLC might be something worth picking up a little later for me. I've been waiting for seasons to drop to start a playthrough on the Pacific Northwest. Probably try to run Deere and Case on that map. Might be handy.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 am Anyways, you're way off point of the main topic!
My point has already been made and was very much on topic. As far as contract, etc...that in itself is off topic and you are merely reiterating what I and others have beat around the forum a thousand times. You're beating a dead horse.

The topic is the Cotton DLC. On that topic, some have mentioned disappointment as only one Deere item was included and have begun to speculate and question what, if anything, may yet come. Since I was able to contribute some information on that (adjacent) subject, I did.
Sythos

Post by Sythos »

Why this DLC (like others) are already in pre-sales on FSA website but nothing on Steam? should we wait till last minute?