[FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC - NOW AVAILABLE

Shuffy

Re: [FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC

Post by Shuffy »

cant wait to stack them huge cotton bales up :) :)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

People needs to understand that you need to have a "cotton" farm to have this crop being profitable.

If you only plant one or two fields with cotton, it won't be.

After my first "all animals needed crops" round, I planted almost only cotton on the map i'M playing and it paid A LOT, even with the cost of the equipment.

So i'm pretty happy with this DLC, cotton round bale is a good thing.

Thanks Giants.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:44 pm
O5-Chris wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:57 am
Just a tiny little bit of concern here.
Normally you guys mention that the DLC is for all platforms and will be included in the season pass but not in this one.
Not in your post or not in the tweet. So, I wonder where do we stand on that? :hmm:
If you watch the video to the end all platforms are shown at the bottom of the screen. So no reason to doubt that it will be released to all I think.
Austin Brewer

Post by Austin Brewer »

I’m wondering if the John Deere cotton dlc is coming to console
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Normally you guys mention that the DLC is for all platforms and will be included in the season pass but not in this one.
Not in your post or not in the tweet. So, I wonder where do we stand on that? :hmm:
It'll be on all platforms and included in the season pass, so i'd say we stand tall. :mrgreen:
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks Chris :hi:
PS5 / FS22
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

theMavric wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 pm Steps to harvesting cotton:

1: Lease cotton harvester
2: Harvest indicated field
3: Return cotton harvester
4: Never plant it ever again
Lol.

That's also been my experience with beets so far :lol:
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

juf.de wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:11 pm ...The new one is basically a reskinned CIH with roundbales instead of the square ones (yes i know the models look a bit different)...
I have to disagree with it being a "reskinned CIH". There is far more difference between the two (including the round vs square) than there is difference between any brand of tractor or combine. The fact that they both harvest cotton is probably the only real similarity...not sure what other difference could be expected. There aren't a lot of variations in Cotton Harvesters...round vs square module is about as drastic as it gets.
vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:51 pm No lie..I was super excited to see a JD DLC until I saw the video...all was hoping for a dlc for JD equipment and to see it's only a cotton harvester is sad. Don't get me wrong, glad to see it! But why only this??! So far the season pass has not earned it's money...still hoping that they release more equipment or another dlc for us. But for cotton people, there yuh go! Lol enjoy
I agree that it's a bit deceiving that they call it a "John Deere Cotton DLC" given that it has one Deere item. I'm happy to have the CP690 but it would have been nice to have a Deere "Harvester" DLC including both a forage harvester and a cane harvester. Also hoping for more in the future and (hoping) that this is a matter of releasing a small DLC upon completion rather than waiting longer for a larger DLC...but, I'm not holding my breath. Couple weeks away from this so it's all good right now.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

pitstop25 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm Don't think I will be getting. We already have a modded one that does exactly what this does so won't be wasting my money on this. Be nice for the console players though.
That mod is trash... it works, but not well and needs alot of work. The camera is off, the thing turns like a go cart, the mouse control to dump bales, harvest way to fast, lowering the header actually raises it, and it looks no where near as good as this one does.

Sure, that one is free... I'm more than happy to give Giants $5 for this one though.
PC gamer.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

In the video, it shows all formats bud.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Beastbubba wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm
pitstop25 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm Don't think I will be getting. We already have a modded one that does exactly what this does so won't be wasting my money on this. Be nice for the console players though.
That mod is trash... it works, but not well and needs alot of work. The camera is off, the thing turns like a go cart, the mouse control to dump bales, harvest way to fast, lowering the header actually raises it, and it looks no where near as good as this one does.

Sure, that one is free... I'm more than happy to give Giants $5 for this one though.
Depends on what one you use. The one I have and then modded a bit works absolutely fine. I will grant you that the 3d model is more detailed on the giants one but would expect it to be given giants have all the scan data from JD. I still think it's overpriced. When you look at what we paid for the Anderson DLC and the amount we got and yet this all we get is this. I always get ginats DLC to support them but this is just a ripoff. It should be a free DLC with what they are giving us. I even have a pull along 2 lane cotton harvester that goes onto a tractor. That is something that many have asked for and yet giants don't bother.

Its each to their own. If you want it then get it. All I am saying is I won't as for the reasons above.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:55 pm I have to disagree with it [...]
Can't argue with that, as i have no practical knowledge about cotton farming.
What i meant by it was, that it is basically the same gameplay: you put the harvester on the field, it runs its courses and puts down bales, so the exact same thing as the red one.

In the video i linked in the german thread (this one here) you can see another JD cotton harvester which works different and would have enhanced the gameplay. The one Giants put into the game does not.

And in my opinion that is kind of wasting the potential a JD Dlc could offer.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Not seeing justification for the extra cost of the season pass so far $15 worth of stuff so far is concerning. I hope the upcoming expansion isn't the last because it will be the worst one to date value wise.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Rbk_3 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm
TobiHH wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm It`s funny to see that opinions are so much different. In the german forum until now nobody will buy this DLC as nobody ever planted or used cotton before.
seems that Giants done it only for the american people.

Even in America it is only farmed in the Deep South states. This is a pretty big let down if it is only the Cotton Harvester and a few cotton implements.

A JD forage harvester or some implements would of sold much better, I guarantee it. They missed there mark on this one. I’m as big a JD fan as there is but I doubt I buy this one.
Thinking the same. Would of been better to see a JD air seeder or DB planter or a 9r series tractor. But oh well, I guess this is a step in the right direction.
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

theMavric wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 pm Steps to harvesting cotton:

1: Lease cotton harvester
2: Harvest indicated field
3: Return cotton harvester
4: Never plant it ever again
exactly!