[FS19]Bourgault Announcement - OUT NOW

FarmBoss

Re: [FS19]Bourgault Announcement

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:16 pm Well irl no one ever makes headlines...oh wait, yes everyone does. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop complaining about doing a little extra work. AI works perfectly fine on dahl, lone oak and Welker with the seed hawk. Just make the headlines and they will be the rest.
It wasn't me complaining, but I hear what you're saying. On your farm in real life, somebody else has to go out and do "headlines" for you, so you'll be able to to do the rest of the field perfectly. *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yea the computer, or also known as gps. It will make turns and everything. Sometimes you have to just turn and hit a button. It will do the field for you. I forget how much time do you farm irl?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I play Farming Simulator quite a bit irl.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Looks like March 10th is the date I'm starting Stone Valley :D
Celusendon

Post by Celusendon »

Sorry for the wall of text, but I have a couple of concerns, which might not be fixed until the release, but I think it's worth a mention at least. :)

One thing is with the SPS360-50 cultivator. The fact sheet says it's 12m wide, but based on the model number it should be 15.2m (50 feet). Is this a typo or the model will be SPS360-40 which is around 12m wide?

The second thing is already mentioned by someone else I think. Why on earth you created an US specific pack with an EU style tractor included... I mean it's not so hard to make the tractor customizable with EU or US signs in the shop, - a couple of modders already done this - it makes the tractor more universal and more realistic.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Why do people say its "not hard"? Theres not more to it than that.

Also anyone notice the little cranes on the seeders?
Celusendon

Post by Celusendon »

eric21 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:21 am Why do people say its "not hard"? Theres not more to it than that.

Also, anyone notices the little cranes on the seeders?
First of all, I won't say the pack itself is bad or anything, the seeders are quite unique for the game. I have seen also the big bag cranes it has, and I hope they can be usable, as they add more playability to them. :)

But we are talking about a simulator, not some arcade game, these kinds of mistakes, in my opinion, are hard to accept from a company that is developing simulators for a long time. "Realism as close as possible", I think this should be a rule of thumb for anyone who want to call his product a simulator. You can call me critical, but I'm open to paying more for a product that meets these criteria.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

O5-Chaki wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:05 pm
Get ready for Bourgault in Farming Simulator 19! The Bourgault pack is coming to PC, Mac, PS4 and Xbox One on March 10th 2020. Pre-order is now available for PC and Mac. Not only Bourgault is being added with the upcoming DLC - something else is coming too, something big...

Pre-Order here: https://farming-simulator.com/dlc-detai ... 9bourgault
I'll bet console players would be interested in slot counts before they consider pre-ordering.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well, as I previously mentioned I have the Season Pass. So I guess I'll wait and see if it's included with that.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Celusendon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:49 amThe second thing is already mentioned by someone else I think. Why on earth you created an US specific pack with an EU style tractor included... I mean it's not so hard to make the tractor customizable with EU or US signs in the shop, - a couple of modders already done this - it makes the tractor more universal and more realistic.
I was thinking about this the other night and I may not buy this DLC specifically because of this issue. If I'm going to have to use a modded 9RX anyway and the seeders are a bit redundant, I'm not sure I have much justification for buying the DLC.

Looking at the current DLCs
  • Anderson - I have only used round bale pick up trailers and dropped those because round bales are not fun
  • Deere Cotton - I have used nothing
  • Claas - I have used most of the tractors, but only because I had them and for a theme. I feel that this DLC really needs a windrower and tedder to be complete
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:25 pm Is the Helper AI being improved to accommodate these seeders? It will currently get bound up trying to make turns with these large seeders with trailed tanks, meaning they have to be manually used. It is currently better to run 3x Prontos instead of one seedhawk with the current helper AI.
I used the in game AI all the time in 17, which we can all agree was worse than 19, and never got it "bound up" turning corners.
Now in 19 I use Courseplay most of the time and it handles it even better.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Celusendon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:49 am The second thing is already mentioned by someone else I think. Why on earth you created an US specific pack with an EU style tractor included... I mean it's not so hard to make the tractor customizable with EU or US signs in the shop, - a couple of modders already done this - it makes the tractor more universal and more realistic.
It has been commented numerous times over on these fora, although never from official sources.
The main issue with US/EU models is probably the licensing.
Giants/Focus has probably made a deal with the EU branch of JD, so they might have restrictions over the available product options.
There's a lot of "probably" in the above sentences because we're just speculating.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:49 pm It sure stinks in my cab... 😷
I have a recommendation for that.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

O5-Chaki wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:26 pm I have a recommendation for that.
:mrgreen:
Ignorance is bliss
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

O5-Chaki wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:26 pm I have a recommendation for that.
🤣
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!