GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

[FS19]FactSheetFriday - Vicon FastBale & Kverneland 7850

Post by Chaki »

aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
RODHA

Re: [FS19]FactSheetFriday - Vicon FastBale & Kverneland 7850

Post by RODHA »

Every time I see a baler I always wonder. As you know consoles have a bale limit of 200. Which means a variable bale size (volumetric) would be a fantastic solution to a game engine restriction. So, why don't you even think of giving that to us? We are limited to mod options in that respect and there are really not many options at the moment.
PS5 / FS22
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well I think that would involve scripts send you can make smaller bales or make bigger ones using the straw addons. If you want to make 50000 litres like DJGOHAM then you would need to buy a pc.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm talking about Giants giving us the option. They can add any script they like into the game. Besides enough of this "buy a pc" nonsense. Thats not the point here.
PS5 / FS22
Illinois Farmer

Giants bases their game on more realistic things. Making 50,000 liters bales is not realistic. If you want unrealistic things then you would have to buy a pc.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I don't recall saying anything about a 50k ltr bale. Stop trying to turn this into a fight.
PS5 / FS22
Illinois Farmer

I'm not. Changing the bale size of a baler in use is unrealistic. There only time the baler doesn't make a same volume bale is when you finish a field. There are small bales, 4000 bales and with the straw add on bigger ones.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

So, Heston bales are not a thing right? And everything in the game is perfectly realistic so it cannot be degraded? You don't want to make an argument on the topic. Which is about options. You want to drag this into PC v.s. Console battle. Just don't do it. No need for that.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm Every time I see a baler I always wonder. As you know consoles have a bale limit of 200. Which means a variable bale size (volumetric) would be a fantastic solution to a game engine restriction. So, why don't you even think of giving that to us? We are limited to mod options in that respect and there are really not many options at the moment.
Theres no limit info buy bales from the shop
Illinois Farmer

RODHA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:11 pm So, Heston bales are not a thing right? And everything in the game is perfectly realistic so it cannot be degraded? You don't want to make an argument on the topic. Which is about options. You want to drag this into PC v.s. Console battle. Just don't do it. No need for that.
That's not what I'm saying at all. I said there are bigger size bales already. Heston is one. I never said it was console vs pc. I think you need to read.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm Every time I see a baler I always wonder. As you know consoles have a bale limit of 200. Which means a variable bale size (volumetric) would be a fantastic solution to a game engine restriction. So, why don't you even think of giving that to us? We are limited to mod options in that respect and there are really not many options at the moment.
I'm guessing this isn't just a graphical limitation in the way vehicles and implements are, but possibly due to too many dynamic objects severely limiting performance*. That's probably why bales locked on a trailer don't count towards the bale limit. If that is the case, then it won't make much or any difference how big the bales are in terms of performance, as it's their ability to move which is the issue. Still, I suppose if you had bigger (Heston) bales, then you'd need fewer of them to feed the same amount.

You could argue locking them in place when away from the player would help, and it might in a few cases, but most people tend to stack all their bales close to each other nearest the animals which need them. Plus you'd probably get bale explosions far worse than those we occasionally see anyway.

* Before The West Coast was released BulletBill had many times more dynamic (movable) objects than the map was released with, as he found fixing those objects in place improved performance dramatically.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Round baler in the straw harvest mod can be set to bigger size
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Anyone else see that the fastbale is $97,500 on the fact sheet, yet $110,000 in the shop?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Inflation
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Please don't forget the fine print.

Final values may be subject to change and can differ from real values.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<