[FS19]Alpine Farming Expansion offers new map and over 30 machines!

RODHA

Re: [FS19]Alpine Farming Expansion offers new map and over 30 machines!

Post by RODHA »

Chaki wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 pm Slots up.
Chaki wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:20 pm Slots (these are still Work in Progress and might change until release)
Erlengrat Karte - 522
I assume this is the map?
PS5 / FS22
Rudi950

Post by Rudi950 »

Yes.
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:17 pm
It's hard to imagine, but remember not everyone uses mods. We on this forum all will, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of players use either a very limited selection or haven't even opened the ModHub.

Even if we have some of these as mods most of them will probably be based off ancient models, and GIANTS models are always more detailed.
I totally agree with you, I am one of those who use few mods in FS19, only the ones that I think are essential in my game, and since the CLAAS and Kverneland DLCs released the list was reduced even more, seeing the quality of the models of the giants, especially CLAAS for me is and will be the best DLC for FS19, even if they have put aside the Xerion Saddletrac (which I still pray that the giants dedicate a DLC to it one day, a unique piece in the world that should never have been missing).

In FS17 I have around 160GB in used mod, for its excellent quality. (I would like to see many of them in FS19)

In FS19 apart from Seasons, Courseplay, Autodrive and REA, I only download maps.

With the new giants map, I am sure to spend many hours on it.
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

There are far more disappointed voices here than in the German forum as far as I reckon - I guess the main problem here seems to be that you might not come from regions similar to the one depicted by the map and are accustomed to other brands. For me, the DLC looks very nice and even if there are redundancies, I like seeing regional available brands. In my case it is totally the other way around: I, for instance cannot feel immersed by seeing big American machines on humongous-sized fields. And the cotton update. That is because it depicts agriculture done somewhere else but not depicting what I knew from childhood and holidays in the depicted regions. Hailing from a German-speaking country, I cheer the new DLC. I went on holiday in the Alps when I was a child. I have seen all these things depicted (or at least the older versions of them). But I understand that in either way you will disappoint someone. The game is sold internationally now which is good and bad at the same time. Good, because the project can grow now because there are more funds available. Bad, because you now have a very mixed player base. You do not only have to think about making the game complex and rich to placate the adults, but keep it easy as well for kids and casual gamers. now you have to take care of the regions as well on top of the chaos emerging from selling the game on consoles (with communities clashing about moddability and support).

Coming from another place of the world - well, I would probably rather not excited about the new one. But guess what? When FS 17 came out, there were many voices similar to your actual ones in the German-speaking forums with complaints that no Central-European map was included and the regions depicted were the Americas and to a lesser extent Eastern-Europe. And not everybody likes big equipment either. The only thing, we all seem to agree is that we only get a map and equipment but no new game mechanics. There are many things possibly to do besides going cosmetical.

Well, just my 5 cents.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
radar2kde

Post by radar2kde »

I for one am looking forward to the new DLC for various reasons. The map looks really nicely made (proof will be when we get to see it for ourselves), the new equipment and vehicles look good too, even electrical ones with charging stations, the diversity is expanding which is great to see.

You will always get those who will love it and those who will not, that is irrelevant which game it is.
There is only so much you can do with this version of the game, with the new game not coming out for quite some time it means that Alpine has to be top notch to keep the core active and interested (which I believe it will).

Many things need to be in the new FS, Giants know this and it is a fine line between keeping it fairly simple but also making it possible to be more complex for those that want to play that way, to not please everyone but make it possible to each type of game to play it.

Anyway, back to Alpine, it looks great, I can't wait, we're looking to be getting a beautiful map in an alpine setting with lots of new stuff to play with, bring on Thursday!
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Nothing so new that would change my mind about fs19. Map looks hilly, but it looks like that you cant feel it. I was never really into machines neither.

I will probably need to find something else to play around until they give us something better.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Like what?
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

I like how it looks. Little Switzerland still dominating the world of virtual farming. I dont see any challenge coming in the near future. The modding culture is huge!
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Just curious how many forum dwellers are buying this? Not trying to diss Giants.
-1 from me
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:47 am Just curious how many forum dwellers are buying this? Not trying to diss Giants.
-1 from me
Well I have season pass, so it'll be there automatically when it releases.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Is the Steam time right? It says tomorrow at 6 p.m. CET which seems pretty late. Will it change to at least morning time, or should I just refund and buy it from Giants?
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Deora

Post by Deora »

I’m trying to find the Pre order in the Playstation store, but i can’t find it.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:47 am Just curious how many forum dwellers are buying this? Not trying to diss Giants.
-1 from me
I will not for the map but for the equipment although I will wait until seeing reports of any issues with it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Looking forward to both, the mountain textures have improved and you csn go inside some shops, the grass and tree textures have improved
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Arrancar88 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:35 pm Is the Steam time right? It says tomorrow at 6 p.m. CET which seems pretty late. Will it change to at least morning time, or should I just refund and buy it from Giants?
they finally posted on discord for release times not sure if you have that but here is a link for steam, ps4, xbox one.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Others.jpg