[FS19]Alpine Farming Expansion offers new map and over 30 machines!

Harrymurdoch2020

Re: [FS19]Alpine Farming Expansion offers new map and over 30 machines!

Post by Harrymurdoch2020 »

Very disappointed giants
Marcellus

Post by Marcellus »

Gotta say this DLC was not what I was hoping for, but I guess a lot of people will enjoy it. The map looks nice, but I am not much into the whole cattle and mow the grass kinda stuff....
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Adrinnie11 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:35 am Will on DVD version or just digital(PC)?
A PC-DVD version will be available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Guess you can’t put workers to work on all those grasslands?

Damnit, guess I’m forced to work myself
Ignorance is bliss
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Maybe this DLC will please someone, but as the last one, I won't buy it, or at least, not at full price.

I don't see a thing there that needs to pay for.

I'm sure the quality of equipment will be there, but the map won't probably be as good as modded maps that we have already.

Also, we do have tons of these small equipment already...and I don't use them!

This is just my personnal opinion.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^
I was thinking the same thing. I already have most of this stuff.
I'll have to watch some game play videos with the map before I decide, but it's not looking good for the last DLC.
The cost of all the DLC for 19 is more than the game itself. Is there more content in the DLCs than the base game?
Fauztran

Post by Fauztran »

Well, nice to see a few different kinds of machines and implements. The rest are different brands of things we already have. Need more things that change the gameplay strategies. The lawnmower is perhaps the most interesting part here. Oh, and that strange little tractor.
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I am really looking forward to this DLC.
I personally think the map looks superb. Its clear lots of effort has gone into it and I am really looking forward to driving around.
I think the machinery looks good as well, and I think using it on the map will add a nice local dimension to the map.
I am happy that its not just another big machines DLC, I have played every FS game from FS11 and enjoyed all of them, but I can honestly say I have never had a serious save that included any equipment over 6m and any tractor over 250hp. I've played around with the bigger kit, but never used it in a save. However, thats just my play style and I realise that many more folk prefer the big stuff.
Anyway, well done Giants, its a definite Yes from me.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:41 pm Maybe this DLC will please someone, but as the last one, I won't buy it, or at least, not at full price.
I don't see a thing there that needs to pay for.

I'm sure the quality of equipment will be there, but the map won't probably be as good as modded maps that we have already.

Also, we do have tons of these small equipment already...and I don't use them!

This is just my personnal opinion.
I really don't think this is the last DLC. I assume Giants won't be able to finish the next FS game before the end of 2021 which means they won't just sit down and wait a year to pass without a DLC.
PS5 / FS22
Fauztran

Post by Fauztran »

As much as we all want new equipment and toys to play with, I want new mechanics to the game that expands on what we can do to make money.

The mods do a fairly good job at filling those needs, but the question is, why isn't Giants stepping up?

I want to see, from Giants, logs to lumber, lumber to market, or lumber to construction. Expansion on the mowing. Mowable bushes and shrubbery. Highway ditch mowing. Simple things that open up a wide variety of options rather than "another baler" or "another cultivator". Something that offers new strategies to conquer the map.

They have everything at their fingertips but are selling themselves, and us, short on the full potential of this game.
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
punchi

Post by punchi »

Fauztran wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:25 pm
I want to see, from Giants, logs to lumber, lumber to market, or lumber to construction. Expansion on the mowing. Mowable bushes and shrubbery. Highway ditch mowing. Simple things that open up a wide variety of options rather than "another baler" or "another cultivator". Something that offers new strategies to conquer the map.

Thats definetly what i want to do. I want to play a farming simulator game.. farm fields, expanse my farm, etc.
no need for unnecessary things like that :D
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Fauztran wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:25 pm As much as we all want new equipment and toys to play with, I want new mechanics to the game that expands on what we can do to make money.

The mods do a fairly good job at filling those needs, but the question is, why isn't Giants stepping up?

They have everything at their fingertips but are selling themselves, and us, short on the full potential of this game.
Use your imagination and you can already do most of those things.
I'm guessing you haven't been around for other versions, so I'll just let you know that once Giants releases the game, it's in the modders hands to try and finish it.
Equipment is pretty much what you'll get from giants after release (and bug patching). Some equipment will be free, while others you'll need to pay for, if that makes any sense.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Let's see:
  • New map - cool
  • 68 to 150 Hp "electric" tractors - meh, I barely use small tractors and when I do I like old iron.
  • AEBI tractor, Linder truck and their associated equipment - meh, see above
  • Pottinger equipment - more grass equipment, making this the 4th grass related DLC. What isn't hay, is tiny, meaning it is HEAVILY redundant with what is already in the game AND the vast majority of mods.
This is pretty pathetic in reality. There is a huge opportunity to put in no-till planters or a sprayer pack or a new crop or some old iron or placables or integrated GPS or integrated courseplay and so on.

This DLC is worth $5 at most, not $20.
Norwegian81

Post by Norwegian81 »

It's a great new addon to explore 👍 I'm a bit curious about the new tree types, if these will be included as new pallets for the tree planter?

Wish there was some more saplings variations for trees as the standard one's looks a bit overwhelming and not so pretty to look at from distance.
drinking beer when I'm scripting...sure it helps :lol:
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 pm This DLC is worth $5 at most, not $20.
How much the Kverneland DLC for you? :gamer: