[FS19]Alpine Farming Expansion offers new map and over 30 machines!

Yeahrightio

Re: [FS19]Alpine Farming Expansion offers new map and over 30 machines!

Post by Yeahrightio »

I think if I merged feilds together and farmed hill type country I'd love it even more. I have been playing on the Tyrolean Alps for a while now, but the Terrain can't be edited here problem is a tad bit annoying. This map is a lot wider open than the Tyrolean Alps, so it's worth a good go.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Ararlist

Post by Ararlist »

Hello Giants,
I can’t wait to try out this new map it looks amazing! The details being put into the buildings and landscape are really pushing up the realism bar. Speaking of which, I was comparing what was on the PÖTTINGER website to the equipment list in the expansion, and I’ve noticed that there are some horsepower requirements in the DLC that are much higher than what is listed on the PÖTTINGER website.
For example, the Impress 125FC Pro round baler on the PÖTTINGER website has a horsepower requirement of 130hp and the DLC is requiring 160hp. Is there any chance these numbers are going to be reviewed before the DLC is released?

Edit: Actually the more I look into this most of the HP requirements in the DLC are wrong to the real world HP requirements... did Giants just pluck numbers out of thin air or is there method to this madness???
PCMR - 3700x Custom Water 64gb RAM Asus TUF OC 3090
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Vanquish081 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 pm How much the Kverneland DLC for you? :gamer:
I paid for it, but I feel like I was scammed and would refund if I could. I'll take the blame for not doing my full research.

I bought if for the:
  • Monopill E-drive II 24 planter - found out later it doesn't fertilize
  • DG II 12000 & DF-2 + NG-S 101 F35 seeders - found out later it doesn't fertilize
  • Sprayers - forgot about default speed and the fact that you can't edit the speed limit on DLC (I would love a mod to change sprayer seed limits across the board).
  • Spreader - found out later it doesn't do lime
  • Fastbale - found out later it is speed limited based on the density of the windrows, meaning it goes max 9 kph in a windrow from the Andex 1304. This was a major disappointment and is the main reason I want my money back. A helper using follow me will bale at 14 kph in the same size windrow, stopping twice per bale, so the fastbale is literally slower than the problem it is supposed to be fixing.
Given what I know after my regretful purchase, the Kverneland DLC is worth $1 to me. The tedder is the only piece of equipment that I can't quickly find a replacement for via a mod.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Isn’t the 160hp requirement for the baler/wrapper?
My guess is that one does need more HP than the normal baler.

But, I do hope they add real HP requirements to the next game. Cause as it is right now, things often don’t make sense.

Creative Mesh did it with the Krone Premos. The original HP requirement was 450HP. Then when people started complaining it stalled too often, they made the requirement 350HP...
Like what?!

Does that machine need 450HP or not? Or do modders/GIANTS roll dice to determine what they give it?
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:17 pm
Vanquish081 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 pm How much the Kverneland DLC for you? :gamer:
I paid for it, but I feel like I was scammed and would refund if I could. I'll take the blame for not doing my full research.

I bought if for the:
  • DG II 12000 & DF-2 + NG-S 101 F35 seeders - found out later it doesn't fertilize
  • Sprayers - forgot about default speed and the fact that you can't edit the speed limit on DLC (I would love a mod to change sprayer seed limits across the board).
  • Fastbale - found out later it is speed limited based on the density of the windrows, meaning it goes max 9 kph in a windrow from the Andex 1304. This was a major disappointment and is the main reason I want my money back. A helper using follow me will bale at 14 kph in the same size windrow, stopping twice per bale, so the fastbale is literally slower than the problem it is supposed to be fixing.
Given what I know after my regretful purchase, the Kverneland DLC is worth $1 to me. The tedder is the only piece of equipment that I can't quickly find a replacement for via a mod.
Hahaha. Feeling “scammed”.
So the DLC is not what you expected it to be.
That’s not them scamming you, that’s you not doing research. Or at least you not having patience to wait and watch/read reviews about the product before you buy it.

Am I scammed by Coca Cola because Cherry Coke is not tasting as good as I hoped it would?

Anyway. Baling a whole field with a Fastbale is still faster than doing it with a normal round baler.

You’re comparing operating speeds while you should compare how long it takes each machine to do the same field. Yes, the Fastbale goes slower. But it never has to stop. So at the end of the road, the Fastbale gets the job done quicker
Ignorance is bliss
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:24 pm You’re comparing operating speeds while you should compare how long it takes each machine to do the same field. Yes, the Fastbale goes slower. But it never has to stop. So at the end of the road, the Fastbale gets the job done quicker. No mods other than the DLC, follow me and the map.
I did a quick test on No Mans Land, tractor is 620 quadtrac following the Krone mower set in windrow mode.
  • Fastbale using follow me = 9 kph match speed of mower to keep roughly equal distance to baler because the helper AI still stops for some reason when the baler opens and bumps
  • Fastbale with player driving = 12 to 14 kph depending on wrapping state, we'll say 13 kph
  • Kuhn wrapping baler = 12 kph match speed of mower to keep roughly equal distance to baler
Therefore at best the Fastbale baler is 1 kph faster than the Kuhn wrapping baler and quickly falls behind if follow me is used. If a mod like variable bale capacity it used, Fastbale falls even more behind because the bale volume does not change the speed at which the Fastbale baler can move, while it eliminates stops for the regular wrapping round balers, thus increasing the overall speed.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Has anyone watched the fastbale video on YouTube. It's an animated cross section of how it works.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:36 pm
Maybe the follow me mod is the problem.
Save your game. Start with a regular round baler and see how long it takes to do the entire field.
Now quit without saving, reload the saved game and do the same field with the Fastbale.
See which one is faster.

Without the follow me mod of course
Ignorance is bliss
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I bought if for the:
So you know how sprayers work then?
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:18 pm Isn’t the 160hp requirement for the baler/wrapper?
My guess is that one does need more HP than the normal baler.

But, I do hope they add real HP requirements to the next game. Cause as it is right now, things often don’t make sense.

Creative Mesh did it with the Krone Premos. The original HP requirement was 450HP. Then when people started complaining it stalled too often, they made the requirement 350HP...
Like what?!

Does that machine need 450HP or not? Or do modders/GIANTS roll dice to determine what they give it?
The Krone Premos 5000 requires 350HP according to the their website
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 am
The Krone Premos 5000 requires 350HP according to the their website
The Krone website?

Then I don’t know why Creative Mash initially gave it 450hp
Ignorance is bliss
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I love it those mountains look soo good I hope they are the same in game.

Thank you Giants I will buy this to support this amazing game. If I complain about anything anymore knowing I put thousands of hours playing that will make me the biggest hypocrite ever :)
JCBED

Post by JCBED »

I bought if for the:
Scammed that Giants made a dlc of equipment that was realistic and accutrate to real life? or scammed that Kverneland doesnt make equipment to your exacting requirements?

Monopill E-drive II 24 plante - Does it have a bulk fertilizer hopper ... No
DG II 12000 & DF-2 + NG-S 101 F35 seeders - Do they have split hoppers irl ... No
Sprayers - 12k is deemed the usual spraying speed for most sprayers for optimum coverage, you can go faster yes but 12k is what spray at irl.
Spreader - you dont put lime through a fert spreader
Fastbale - ISO tractor control? i think its called IRL you cant go full speed with a non stop round baler as you would just fill both bale chambers and have to stop, look at the Krone Ultima its the same. Overall its still if not faster its easier going because you dont have to stop every 5 mins to spit a bale out.

anyway whatever, you didnt read about it and bought it, deal with it and dont complain about it on a thread about somthing completly differnet *thumbsup*

Alpine map looks great will definetly be having that, nice to see a broad spectrum of differnt types of farming in FS.
Finney

Post by Finney »

Looking forward to the new expansion. Pre-ordered! I hope some of the new technology go into the older maps as well. Congrats Giants!