Precision Farming Project: What is EIT Food?

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Precision Farming Project: What is EIT Food?

Post by Chaki »

A few days ago, we announced the "Precision Farming Project", aiming to implement modern agricultural technology to Farming Simulator in the future. This project was initiated by John Deere in cooperation with various partners. It is funded by EIT Food. Let's take a moment to take a look at what EIT Food is and why this project was initiated. Don't know what Precision Farming is in general?

In our last blog article, we explained the modern technology.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Illinois Farmer

Re: Precision Farming Project: What is EIT Food?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I wonder why it took Europe so long to create eit. Here in the states, precision farming has been around since 1980. Each industry, pork, beef, etc, have been promoting its product with education, advertisement, tours, etc to get the public to try and understand ag better. Also ffa was establish in 1928, for students to join to learn and participate more in agriculture. Officers are ejected and they go out to the community to teach more. I think the ball is dropping in bigger cities vs rural areas. When we participate with the pork producers or beef association there are a lot of misconceptions that people have towards the ag industry.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

We've had similar things in Europe too, including a range in the UK among which is the Red Tractor initiative, and I'm sure there have been plenty of similar schemes across Europe too.

I guess this is designed as a sort of umbrella project intending to bring everything together across a range of farming areas in participating countries.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I see thanks for the info gav. I like the project idea.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
filip1f

Post by filip1f »

Great project, good idea! Thanks.