Precision Farming: First Look at Soil Types and Soil Sampling

DocDesastro

Re: Precision Farming: First Look at Soil Types and Soil Sampling

Post by DocDesastro »

But now the companies being starred in the game are having their own ideas on what could be in the game to make a broader customer base understand what they do. Imagine Horsch with those fields always operated in the same tracks like minimizing soil compaction. And now JD together with EIT emphasizing on the role of the soil itself. I think you are right, when you say - management wants it in another way than a perceived minority in a forum - IF they are such. At least they are voicing their ideas instead of just consuming and still might represent some others who do not but do not care to write in a forum. I would not marginalize them. But when the big business partners have an idea - they are listened to. Which in this case is a good thing for the players. As long as you can customize your game to your palate, every new mehanism that makes the game more of a true simulator is a good thing for anyone wanting to try it.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Horsch is a good example of what I am going on about. I had hoped that their partnership and close work with them would give us more realistic cultivation in the game. Sadly we are still cultivating in the game just like 10 years ago. Type of cultivator does not matter.
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

Maybe it will now that the soil might be represented correctly. In my current game I was asking myself, why I should upgrade my plow with striped blades for +2.000€. Does not have a function (yet) - but that might be the case later. I hope that the idea they have now will make us use cultivators, plows, herbicides and lime in a meaningful way (and teach use something about contemporary agriculture - we are somewhat doing it like our grandparents in a way ;) )
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

IanM

Post by IanM »

theSeb wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:37 am

What good improvements have we lost from the base game since it started being released on the console? Can you name any? I am asking because I can't. Everything has improved in the game over the years, including bale physics and weeds and lime. Sure, some of these things may not realistically implemented, but at least they are there. If you are going to complain that the game does not pay you enough, when the player rewards are already ridiculously high, then it's odd to complain about a lack of realism. The only thing I can think of related to game play that got worse was the sound of the tractors and that is specific to 17-->19 change and had nothing to do with consoles.

It's silly and unnecessarily nasty to jump on the "blame consoles" band wagon. They are not your enemy. Giants have always had a specific goal in mind with the game play and they have stuck to it. There was not some major shift in direction when they started releasing to consoles.

Making money in the game is already pretty easy and unrealistic. I am not sure how you think that the missions, which already pay far too much, are robbing you and not paying enough. You need to pick a side and stick to it, I think, instead of jumping on the ever popular "bash consoles, bash Giants, I am super angry" band wagon. These will be free modules. In other words, you DON't have to use them, if you are worried about not making enough money in the game. If they made it into the game eventually, then you will have a toggle to switch them on or off, since Giants does not like to make their game too complex and wants to cater to all ages.
Giants have said serveral times that some things cant be done in the base game as it can not be made to work on consoles.. so I guess that there must be something true about my wild comment.

The problem with the mission system; yes it would be nice if in real life you could earn 50k for fertilising a field. But its in the game so it should work. Its odd that you have to pay leasing to use the owners equipment. I think it worse that we have to pay for seed and fertiliser that we do not get reimbursed. I think it odd that many people have actually lost money due to missing crops when they have completed the mission and delivered all the crop.. often ending with a negative.. My point was and still is that the mission system does not work. In another thread Giants have actually said to all intents that they are not planning to do anything about it.
not that it is of any relevance but I only use the missions as a way to get an extra income rather than a loan when i have not much more to do on my own fields.

I love the game and use an unhealthy amount of time on it. I just like things more when they work as they should.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You miss understand the mission system. Leasing equipment is because you don't own and have to pay a fee to use something. Not really expensive or a big deal. You do get reimbursed for seed, fertilizer, and fuel. It is within the price you receive for the contract. It just doesn't say you are reimbursed for this. Onto harvesting contacts, pay closer attention where you need to deliver crops, so you don't get any missing crops. There is a bug of where it will show negative, but actually you get pay in full, so pay closer attention to your money when you collect the contract. Find that exact statement from giants, otherwise you are just recalling some rumor you think giants said.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

theSeb wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:04 pm Sometimes I don't think the fans of this game know what they actually want. Quite a lot of people have downloaded Seasons admittedly, but even with the small increase of realism that brings to the game, you will find people complaining. I am waiting too much! I want to plant crops when I feel like! Why are my crops dying! I want to not feed animals every day! Snow is boring! Give us more snow! Blah blah blah and so forth etc. etc. etc.
I remember reading somewhere, "Somebody really hates feedback and criticism".

If you have any feedback concerning seasons, you're complaining, you don't really know what you want, and your words are just blah blah blah.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Please don't put words in my mouth because that is not what I said. This isn't healthy and it's very childish.
IanM

Post by IanM »

I actually think seasons is one of the best mods in the game. In fact it kept me playing. I didnt even buy FS19 until seasons was ready for it.
EVERYBODY moans about the weather. It is a national pass time the world over.
I only play 9day seasons and 1x time. Yes winters are long and sometimes boring but isn't that like real life.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

IanM wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:20 pm
theSeb wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:37 am

What good improvements have we lost from the base game since it started being released on the console? Can you name any? I am asking because I can't. Everything has improved in the game over the years, including bale physics and weeds and lime. Sure, some of these things may not realistically implemented, but at least they are there. If you are going to complain that the game does not pay you enough, when the player rewards are already ridiculously high, then it's odd to complain about a lack of realism. The only thing I can think of related to game play that got worse was the sound of the tractors and that is specific to 17-->19 change and had nothing to do with consoles.

It's silly and unnecessarily nasty to jump on the "blame consoles" band wagon. They are not your enemy. Giants have always had a specific goal in mind with the game play and they have stuck to it. There was not some major shift in direction when they started releasing to consoles.

Making money in the game is already pretty easy and unrealistic. I am not sure how you think that the missions, which already pay far too much, are robbing you and not paying enough. You need to pick a side and stick to it, I think, instead of jumping on the ever popular "bash consoles, bash Giants, I am super angry" band wagon. These will be free modules. In other words, you DON't have to use them, if you are worried about not making enough money in the game. If they made it into the game eventually, then you will have a toggle to switch them on or off, since Giants does not like to make their game too complex and wants to cater to all ages.
Giants have said serveral times that some things cant be done in the base game as it can not be made to work on consoles.. so I guess that there must be something true about my wild comment.

The problem with the mission system; yes it would be nice if in real life you could earn 50k for fertilising a field. But its in the game so it should work. Its odd that you have to pay leasing to use the owners equipment. I think it worse that we have to pay for seed and fertiliser that we do not get reimbursed. I think it odd that many people have actually lost money due to missing crops when they have completed the mission and delivered all the crop.. often ending with a negative.. My point was and still is that the mission system does not work. In another thread Giants have actually said to all intents that they are not planning to do anything about it.
not that it is of any relevance but I only use the missions as a way to get an extra income rather than a loan when i have not much more to do on my own fields.

I love the game and use an unhealthy amount of time on it. I just like things more when they work as they should.
You dont have to lease the owners equipment you simply get less pay if you use the owners equipment instead of your own, which is very realistic. If you were doing a contract in real life would you expect to get the same amount if you used someone elses equipment?
Playing on PC and PS4
eric21

Post by eric21 »

DocDesastro wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm Maybe it will now that the soil might be represented correctly. In my current game I was asking myself, why I should upgrade my plow with striped blades for +2.000€. Does not have a function (yet) - but that might be the case later. I hope that the idea they have now will make us use cultivators, plows, herbicides and lime in a meaningful way (and teach use something about contemporary agriculture - we are somewhat doing it like our grandparents in a way ;) )
Presicon farming is new though
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

Well, the plow upgrade is not - but it could get a new function within the new code thus making sense in a way besides being just optical.

Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I really hope that all option on all equipment will have a reason of being soon...there's so much things that can be added to this game..hope Giants's working on it for the next FS...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

eric21 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
In the United states it started in the 1980s. Not that new.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ShawnDaGeek

Post by ShawnDaGeek »

Will maps need to be updated with anything to support this update? :hmm:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 pm
eric21 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
In the United states it started in the 1980s. Not that new.
Using satellites?