Alpine Stream: Big guests, Big Announcement and more on November 6th!

Mwal

Re: Alpine Stream: Big guests, Big Announcement and more on November 6th!

Post by Mwal »

I don’t usually agree with farm boss or I’m not even sure if I ever have for that matter, but yeah between that and the fact they apparently had to use seasons to advertise their game really drove me over the line from supporting them to the side of last ditch cash grab.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:29 pm
Their big announcement was that you can buy their DLC, promote it for them, and you'll be given a slim chance to win something.
They've got their hype skills down pat.
That is a very fair point. They should have called it big competition announcement rather than just a big announcement. Would have saved any confusion. Maybe I am just too cynical in my old age to expect anything these days, which is why I was not surprised at their big announcement.

Mwal wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:47 am I don’t usually agree with farm boss or I’m not even sure if I ever have for that matter, but yeah between that and the fact they apparently had to use seasons to advertise their game really drove me over the line from supporting them to the side of last ditch cash grab.
I think they had to show the new map with seasons, as I would think its all they have been asked. Is the map seasons ready. Could you imagine the outcry if the new map was not seasons ready? There could have been minor virtual rioting!

I don't think that this is a total cash grab, I think that this map and probably a chunk of the equipment was originally destined for FS21, but they brought it forward once they decided to push back the release of FS21. There will be a certain amount of needing to bring in revenue, as by now we would be be almost at the point of buying FS21, but obviously that wont be happening this year, so the company has to do something to bring in money.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mwal wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:47 am I don’t usually agree with farm boss or I’m not even sure if I ever have for that matter, but yeah between that and the fact they apparently had to use seasons to advertise their game really drove me over the line from supporting them to the side of last ditch cash grab.
But whats the point of having an Alpine map with no snow? Which I believe seasons will be incorporated in the next game
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

eric21 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:39 pm
But whats the point of having an Alpine map with no snow? Which I believe seasons will be incorporated in the next game
Maybe they'll come full-circle and call the next game Farming Ski Region Simulator. There'd be lots of activities for everyone, even in the winter.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:39 pm
Pose the same question back to you about the original maps and farming game in general what’s the point without seasons? I’m not a giants hater I just think if your advertising with a mod it seems strange and I agree at this point you must do something for the next game.
jackwi

Post by jackwi »

Is there snow on the map because there is no info to find if the map has snow on it.ore ready for snow
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would guess only with the seasons mod.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:00 pm
eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:09 am You wouldn't say that if it was a Canadian map full of MF tractors..
Read this in your head in Samuel L Jackson's voice and you won't say Massey Ferguson. :lol:
lol ha!! But he hasn't replied back so its probably true
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:00 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:07 am
Bigrobmjca wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 pm Please let the announcement be better mods on next gen consoles!!!
Better yet.... Higher slot limit
There'll be a higher slot limit only because the new consoles have more resources.
If you watched DJgohams stream you'll see that the slot limit was not raised. Still the same.