Alpine Stream: Big guests, Big Announcement and more on November 6th!

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Alpine Stream: Big guests, Big Announcement and more on November 6th!

Post by Chaki »

Guests, Raffles, Announcements, Seasons-Gameplay with DjGoHam - we have it all.
Tune in November 6th - especially, if you're interested in PS5, XBX or RTX 3080! đź“ş
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Bigrobmjca

Re: Alpine Stream: Big guests, Big Announcement and more on November 6th!

Post by Bigrobmjca »

Please let the announcement be better mods on next gen consoles!!!
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Bigrobmjca wrote: ↑Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 pm Please let the announcement be better mods on next gen consoles!!!
Better yet.... Higher slot limit
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

gilroy222 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:07 am
Bigrobmjca wrote: ↑Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 pm Please let the announcement be better mods on next gen consoles!!!
Better yet.... Higher slot limit
There'll be a higher slot limit only because the new consoles have more resources.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Better mods?

It’s not GIANTS that makes mods
Ignorance is bliss
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Big announcment : improved support from Giants! Thats the best thing you should announce now
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Miketeg wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:28 pm Big announcment : improved support from Giants! Thats the best thing you should announce now
You mean like fixing existing issues before selling new content?
You have people saying they're having issues with the game, and even with purchased content.
You have people making excuses for Giants.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep...I mean fix issue before selling new content..and/or listen to community and launch something people's asking for...

For real, I don't mind about new equipment, maps...modders take care of it and are, in most case, better than Giants at it. Giants should focus on bug fixe / feature release instead.

We all know that this new DLC won't get any support...like the last two one...

You know...like CLAAS vehicule that still sliding with a "won't fix" answer from Giants.

That's a shame! This game has so many potential, but a wrong engine to push it, and a bad team to put gaz in it...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You wouldn't say that if it was a Canadian map full of MF tractors..
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

eric21 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:09 am You wouldn't say that if it was a Canadian map full of MF tractors..
Read this in your head in Samuel L Jackson's voice and you won't say Massey Ferguson. :lol:
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dapp

Post by Dapp »

What a stream.. no big announcement at all...I expected more
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Dapp wrote: ↑Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:02 pm What a stream.. no big announcement at all...I expected more
Haha. So I’m not the only one who was disappointed?

I have night shift. Instead of getting some sleep before work, I stayed up for this exciting stream with “big guests and big announcement”.

This looked more like a title of one of Joe “Silvernews” Barnes’ YouTube videos.

EPIC!
WOW!

And then, nothing...
Ignorance is bliss
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

Wow, So much unwarranted negativity!
There was a time, not so long ago, where no streams of upcoming DLC's were shown. The DLC just turned up, not much info until release day. People complained. Giants have tried to respond and now we get lots of info pre launch, even video tours of the map, and still people complain.

I am also not entirely sure what folk were expecting from a "big announcement". It is a DLC to an established game, so of course it will be more of the same. There is no way they would implement big changes to game play or to the game engine at this point. That sort of stuff would be held for the next release.

I do agree that it would be nice if some of the current outstanding bugs were dealt with, such as the issues of some tools sliding around when nothing is near them. I wish they would sort out the sounds and I would love to see a better animal placeable system such as has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum, however, I cannot see any of that getting sorted until the next release, as I would suspect that to sort some of those issues, would impact on other areas of the game and they could end up breaking everything, so better to leave well alone and fix in the next version.

As for this DLC, I personally am really looking forward to it. I enjoyed the stream especially the talk with Pottinger. I cannot wait for the 12th. I usually enjoy Giants maps, and the machinery in this DLC is right up my street. I have always enjoyed small scale farming as it is the closest to what I do and work with in real life. I have some 500 hours in Felsbrunn and I am hoping to put a similar game save on the new map.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Thought there would be some kind of a big announcement since they stated there was one. However, seasons looks pretty good on the new map
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

sittinhere wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:26 pm Thought there would be some kind of a big announcement since they stated there was one. However, seasons looks pretty good on the new map
Their big announcement was that you can buy their DLC, promote it for them, and you'll be given a slim chance to win something.
They've got their hype skills down pat.